Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 04:46 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The problem is, people always say that later. They always say they disagreed with it back then but that is easy to say later. Just like all the things Trump is doing now. If Democrats do the same things, Republicans will say "well, I didn't agree with it then either". But all we are seeing is silence. Just like Hurricane Sandy victims. No Republicans were saying "help those Sandy victims!". They were silent or supporting and re-electing people like Ted Cruz, who were very publicly and proudly withholding help for them. Over a hundred people died in Hurricane Sandy and Texas representatives caused them to not receive aid for THREE MONTHS.
I am usually on your side, Seacove, but not this time. I'm not willing to see one American lose their life to satisfy a political grudge. So the other side acted reprehensibly during a catastrophic event. Why do you want to emulate that by acting reprehensible in return? What do you think "When they go low, we go high" means?

No, thank you. These are real people whose lives hang in the balance. I won't support sacrificing American lives because "they did it, too." I would hope we're all better than that.

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I don't have a problem with ending federal waste and disaster relief is rife with it , Texas sends a small fortune in tax money , we are the only state in the country with a complexly independent power grid , the 10th largest economy in the world and we provide way more soldiers and bases for the military than many of these pantywaist states. I really don't believe in a lot of this federal relief stuff anyway , so much waste and corruption
California is the sixth largest economy in the world and contributes FAR FAR more than they receive. Most blue states do including my own state of Washington. The point is, if Texas representatives want to make hurricane aid a political football when it's about a state they don't live in, the same should be applied to Texas. Texas representatives delayed aid to Hurricane Sandy victims for three months. Texas should brace for aid sometime around the holidays.

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:

No problem. The same standard can be applied to Hurricane Harvey relief. No "pork" in the bill and we can withhold aid to Hurricane Harvey victims for THREE MONTHS while we take a "principled stand" against pork to build political cred to our base.

I fully agree with no pork in the bill. Why should there be?

Why are YOU for exploiting tragedies to fund unrelated items because the dipwad congressmen are confidant that no one wants to oppose helping others out, and so its a great opportunity to sneak their crap in without a challenge?

Old 08-27-2017, 04:47 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:

No problem. The same standard can be applied to Hurricane Harvey relief. No "pork" in the bill and we can withhold aid to Hurricane Harvey victims for THREE MONTHS while we take a "principled stand" against pork to build political cred to our base.
LOL you are hell bent on this whole red vs blue thing...

I hope a hurricane finds you. The world's smallest violin will play for your cause.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I am usually on your side, Seacove, but not this time. I'm not willing to see one American lose their life to satisfy a political grudge. So the other side acted reprehensibly during a catastrophic event. Why do you want to emulate that by acting reprehensible in return? What do you think "When they go low, we go high" means?

No, thank you. These are real people whose lives hang in the balance. I won't support sacrificing American lives because "they did it, too." I would hope we're all better than that.
I want to see Texas representatives that voted against aid for Hurricane Sandy victims PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE for what they did and admit they caused pain and harm to those people. I want to see them going on record saying they used politics to hurt people in a time they were in grave need. Over a hundred people died in Hurricane Sandy, most of which by drowning and most over 65 years old. Just imagine how horrific that is. These Texas politicians should publicly admit what they did and apologize. This all for me and none for thee attitude is disgusting and they should be held accountable for it. Three months. Aid was withheld for three months because of them.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL you are hell bent on this whole red vs blue thing...

I hope a hurricane finds you. The world's smallest violin will play for your cause.
I didn't vote to withhold aid. Texas Republican representatives did. Almost every single one of them did when the victims were in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
California is the sixth largest economy in the world and contributes FAR FAR more than they receive. Most blue states do including my own state of Washington. The point is, if Texas representatives want to make hurricane aid a political football when it's about a state they don't live in, the same should be applied to Texas. Texas representatives delayed aid to Hurricane Sandy victims for three months. Texas should brace for aid sometime around the holidays.
Yeah because NY didn't want just aid to repair, they wanted extra goodies... Doesn't work like that hoss.

How would you feel democrat or not to know NY wanted extra not to go to a good cause to help citizens but to do more bid jobs while pocketing more money for the state or Gillibrand to buy another house along the Hudson River?

Corrupt. NY wrote the book on it. Everything is bid and they'll always find a way to find the lowest bid for the job and drag it out to keep more for them, or raise taxes to justify overspending that's the NY democrat way.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I didn't vote to withhold aid. Texas Republican representatives did. Almost every single one of them did when the victims were in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.
I lived in NY and I'm telling you... NY wanted more than just what was NEEDED good on Texas for stalling!!!

Old 08-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Yeah because NY didn't want just aid to repair, they wanted extra goodies... Doesn't work like that hoss.

How would you feel democrat or not to know NY wanted extra not to go to a good cause to help citizens but to do more bid jobs while pocketing more money for the state or Gillibrand to buy another house along the Hudson River?

Corrupt. NY wrote the book on it. Everything is bid and they'll always find a way to find the lowest bid for the job and drag it out to keep more for them, or raise taxes to justify overspending that's the NY democrat way.
I think Texas is corrupt. So since I disagree with them politically, they should receive aid in three or four months?

Old 08-27-2017, 04:54 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:

You're not really much into learning ALL the facts, are you. Especially the ones that don't fit your preconceived ideas.

Since you cant seem to process the relevant info give to you, you are really a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies