Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 04:24 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Remember all the bragging a couple weeks ago from the so-called President about how he backed Kim down? Japanese are running for their lives while NK shoots a missile through their air space. Kim has made a fool of Trump.

Absolutely. Although I am no fan of Trump, this thing is bigger than him or Obama or any President, and I am not sure what the answer is. If we start dropping big ones on NK, everyone in the region will suffer.
Diplomacy doesn't seem to work, as Kim has an agenda and that is to blow up the rest of the world with him the sole survivor.

It certainly makes the situation worse that we are such a divided country ourselves right now, and we can not trust our own leaders to tell us the truth or have the temperament to handle this situation. Everyone has been saying that a crisis was eventually going to befall the Trump administration and they wondered how we could believe anything he said due to his 100% of the time lying about anything and everything.

This is not going to go away, or, I fear, end well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 04:26 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,332,449 times
Its not the first time he has done it but can you imagine a malfunction.

https://twitter.com/RightWingLawman/...91583822774273

Old 08-28-2017, 04:28 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Does anyone think that it's time for a shot across the bow?

Old 08-28-2017, 04:28 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
True but only recently had the ability to use them on missiles....Have you just recently come out of your cave?
What is Trudeau going to do about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Does anyone think that it's time for a shot across the bow?
No. I think he should be ignored

Old 08-28-2017, 04:39 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Really? What would have been your reaction if the missile had hit Japan? Not the end of the world..but not a 'meh' either.

It's easy to sit after the fact and mock people's fears...until the unthinkable happens. Your surety that it's always a 'nothing burger' is not shared by our govt. or our military..thank god.

When I was a Republican...a coupla years ago..we took pride in being the party of readiness--now..maybe not so much, eh?
Did it hit? If he wanted to, it would have hit.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:40 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Why didn't our ships shoot it down -- send a message?
Consider that China is simply allowing Kim to do his thing. Much like in the Cold War with Russia we (and they) did things/feints as a test. One action might test another side's military tactics or political actions. Or simply to probe the others defenses. To scan and learn about their technologies.

I would suspect that China would never allow Kim to actually fire a nuke at a populated area.

Suspect, of course do not know. But IMO this sort of basic scenario makes the most sense out of all the craziness.

Some interesting books:

https://www.amazon.com/Spyflights-Co.../dp/0750919701

https://www.amazon.com/Blind-Mans-Bl.../dp/1610393589

Old 08-28-2017, 04:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
This guy is a loose missile.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:42 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Time for some of you to wake up, stop playing the "us vs them" game, and realize this little idiot over there is Hellbent on shoving a missile up your asses. If you think he is ramping up his missile program, and nuclear capabilities, to just puff out his chest, you are as wrong as wrong can be.

When one of his little presents hits something besides water, you will be saying it was Obama's fault for letting this happen, but your boy is in the driver's seat RIGHT NOW, and he better listen to his people who might have some ideas on how to deal with this jerk.

Every missile goes a little further, and he thumbs his nose at Trump and his attempts to intimidate him. Every time Trump draws a line, off goes another missile, and they are getting better at it every day. If you think that is irrational fear, get the Hell out of the way and let people who know the gravity of this situation work on it.
He's not going to do a damn thing. People on the left acting hysterical is not going to change that.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:42 PM

20,114 posts, read 9,028,155 times
If I were Trump I wouldn't get involved until they can reach Denver with their missiles.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:48 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
The last time I saw Americans of all kinds come together and become one was when Bin Ladin sent those planes into the WTC. For just a bit, all politics and differences were put aside and we all grieved as one. Maybe it will take something like that event to wake us up again, but , God, I hope not.

We really need to stop this back and forth between all of us and work toward uniting the country again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies