Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 04:59 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Do you have some context or links to these statements? Are you making an apples-to-apples comparison?
Its possible I'm remembering wrong (mis-remembering) as a quick google search only turned up articles like this one:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theov...view/20811731/

However I still stand by the action of him speaking out being wrong. I'll have to research more, but I will say that its possible I could be wrong on the part about Obama actually saying it himself.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:59 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
OK, so it sounds like you can't deny that this is a double standard with what Obama is doing. Good luck with the roof, whatever that meant.
no - new RULES - the potus makes the stage- whats was, is no longer useful in this admin. so forget the past-- and I would shout from the rooftops -NOT right to cut in 6 months- with major devastations of heavy populated dreamers - and yea I do think FL is gonna get a very bad hurting with irma

Old 09-05-2017, 05:01 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Illegal aliens use the emergency room at 3 times the rate of an American citizen, they use it to birth their magic 4 anchors and has their health care substitute provided through a Medicaid loophole that takes the tax dollars citizens have paid in to support our own needy citizens and distributes it to illegal aliens.
Link to this info, or is this your opinion?

"We compared the undocumented population in California to native-born and naturalized populations. What we found is that, no matter whether you look at children or adults, or whether you’re looking at types of services, there was not a single instance where the undocumented population exceeded other categories in health care utilization. In most cases, their level of use was significantly lower."

What's holding undocumented immigrants back from seeking health care? | PBS NewsHour

Old 09-05-2017, 05:02 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
no - new RULES - the potus makes the stage- whats was, is no longer useful in this admin. so forget the past-- and I would shout from the rooftops -NOT right to cut in 6 months- with major devastations of heavy populated dreamers - and yea I do think FL is gonna get a very bad hurting with irma
Convenient way of looking at things I guess....also an interesting way to completely meander off topic...again.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:03 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Obama pushed this Dreamers farse through on an Executive order. One of his many.

My translation , his arrogance bullish ways to ruin America, Obama that is.

so- black guy EO = bad

Orange(somewhat white) Guy EO = Getting things done, keeping promises, showing leadership?

Got it!

Old 09-05-2017, 05:04 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The implication is that victims of violent crimes are more traumatized if the perpetrator is a Dreamer than if the perpetrator is an American citizen.

Yes, I've been to big cities.

Government money isn't being funneled to Dreamers to buy votes. Dreamers can't vote. They aren't American citizens.
Neither can illegals but their kids can and are. This BS has been going on since the 80s.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:15 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
My favorite was his "you didn't build that" Lecture.

As if Obama ever did anything in the real private sector that made a contribution. Only people with knowledge and real skills should lecture.

thanks for demonstrating for everyone that the point of that speech went right over your head.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:23 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikithetiki View Post
Missed what? That the founder of La Raza a group the democrats openly embrace was a bitter Hispanic man who hated white people? I forgot- only whites can be racist.
I AM NOT ANTI-WHITE, If you read the bulk of my post, you will find they are much about advocacy for working poor whites, dire poor whites as much as it is in support of working poor minorities and dire poor minorities. "I talk about what it takes for us to build unity".

I am not a fan of a bunch of any people with an incessant bitterness and trying to find some other working poor people to blame.

America's economic woes, are directly driven by the "greed of the wealthy" and the ways the University Grooming told these graduates they were some how special, and they proceeded to disrupt and dismantle everything that made the Middle Class of Society Prosper.

Research back and look at the late 1970's when Degree Riders began to flood industry with their "treat me special madness" and began to attack every Union Shop and Every Union Shop worker, because they were told their 4 yr. illusion told them they should make more than anyone else, even when they knew nothing about business, and all they had was some Professor script gleaned from some decades old lecture programming.

Look at the game of Junk Bond Era that Destroyed Much Industry, then Look at the Saving and Loan Collapse, and follow the trend... you see nothing but "Failure".... and means to try and blame it on "working class labor".

At some point people "need" to wake up and face the real truth..... and the real truth has nothing to do with Mexicans or any other working poor people.

Now if you missed this point... I am sorry.

I know many working poor white people, and many are good people, they are not running around blaming the Mexicans, they are wise enough to know... it was the "Degree Riding Minions" who shipped Industry Away, Hid Money off shore and have no idea that American Currency Circulating in the American System and Its Economy is a National Security Instrument. These dumb university trained "greed clones" don't know anything about any of that. All they have been taught is "Chase Greed By Any Means, and At Any Expense upon and against the American Society and Its People."
I've been working among them for many decades, and tried to train a great many on what is of responsibility and what is of value in respecting America and the American Industrial Stability. I tried talking to them about the "Value of Diversity" and why and how Racism is a Defeatist Program, designed to defeat the working class people, both white and black, by "keeping them divided".

I've written that its time for the working poor whites who buy into racist madness, to wake up and stop being used and played like pawns..... by the wealthy, who use them to keep and promote racial conflict, while they wealthy do nothing but "gather more money and amass greater fortunes"... all while people spin in racist madness that keep them distorted and distributed.

Only white people can help white people see the truth.... If one look back at the Passage of the Civil Rights Act and look how so many white people, woke up and stood up, when the laws did not any longer force them to promote racism. That' should have been a sign to wake up the rest of the people, but unfortunately some it simply did not awaken.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 09-05-2017 at 06:46 PM..

Old 09-05-2017, 05:31 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikithetiki View Post
The media also fails to mention:

Illegal aliens account for 13.6 percent of all offenders sentenced for crimes committed in the United States, even though they only represent 3.5 percent of the population.

Illegals account for 12 percent of murder sentences, 20 percent of kidnapping sentences, and 16 percent of drug-trafficking sentences.

There are 2.1 million illegal and legal immigrants convicted of crimes, but 1.2 million criminal aliens remain at large in the United States and have not been deported. Remember, the prime demographic for violent crime is young males, broadly covered by the “dream” amnesty.

As of 2013, it was estimated that there were 630,700 illegal aliens residing in Arizona (including American-born anchor babies), a population larger than the total population of any single colony at the time of our Founding. Over 10 percent of the state’s public school population is composed of illegal alien children. The Arizona Department of Corrections estimates that illegal aliens compose 17 percent of its prison population and 22 percent of all felony defendants in Maricopa County. When coupled with the fiscal strain of health care and incarceration, the total cost of illegal immigration is $2.4 billion a year.

Overall, 87 percent of illegal immigrant families are on welfare.
Prove it.

Report: Majority of Illegal Immigrant Households On Welfare - Washington Free Beacon

https://www.quora.com/What-percentag...ollect-welfare

And when families with illegals as part of them collect..it is almost always for the American-born citizen children. Surely you wouldn't deny US citizens?

You have a nice collection of 'facts' there--why? I support the deportation of all illegal residents of the United States..I don't need a bunch of 'stuff' to convince me.I also support a path to citizenship...once the illegal is back in his/her native country.

As for the Dreamers--I would grant them permanent residency on a case by case basis.

Just me...I feel it is in the best traditions of the American spirit.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:37 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Here's an eyeroll for your eyeroll.

He has the right to say anything he wants. Just as you do.
He (Obama) absolutely has the right to say anything he wants - BUT, does he have a right to Nullify US Law just because HE disagrees with it? Does he have the right to put all these Illegal Aliens into a Federal Data Base (and charge them over $200 a year to do so - KNOWING that what he was doing was Un-Constitutional?
Knowing he was breaking the OATH of Office he took to protect and follow the Constitution???

IF Congress doesn't get their act together and pass some major reforms in Immigrations - then ANY deportations of these kids is on Obama's Shoulders ..... no wonder he is "upset".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies