Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:31 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I'm not so sure that's the right conclusion. It's quite possible that their life, wherever it would have been, would have been filled with much more hardship there. America is the land of opportunity after all.

I'm also not so sure the future will be too bleak. It's uncertain, which is it's own nightmare, but congress could pass a law to bring them a hopeful future. Time will tell.
Oh, I see: so at least the kids got a "free" five or ten or eighteen years in an awesome country---which they had no right to be in. Got a good education, made money, and so on.

Not bad, I would say.....not bad at all.
(By the way, why didn't the parents and kids save up even 10% of their earnings/welfare money while they were in this country---ILLEGALLY---knowing there was a chance they might be sent back?? $5,000 can buy you a great deal of security and stuff in Central America......)

Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Throw in the incarcerating the sanctuary employers and you have a deal.
Absolutely! Double the penalty if they belong to the Chamber of Commerce.......

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You know what's funny? Most of these pro-illegals constantly complain about the greedy employers hiring illegal aliens and that they must be stopped. When any effort is made to stop them though then they turn coat and cry because then their illegal amigos will be out of a job. It's pretty bizzare really.
Nah, then they just demand no-deportation and $15/hr minimum wage....which the corporations then shut down with their other puppet.

I mean, it's friggin brilliant. Use one party to help suppress wages (D) and then use the other party to keep anyone from making more (R).

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
one more time... since when we let kids who are here ILLEGALLY dictate they can stay at taxpayers expense?

send them all back to their parents to their native country.....we can't offer Disney World to every kid in the world who enters our country illegally.

if it makes the Democrats feel better, give them a trip to Disney Land and Hollywood for the weekend and fly them off in a private jet back to their countries....I'm sure their parents miss them......what kind of family values the parents of these illegals have, that they are fine that their kids are in another country and they are o.k. that the taxpayers pay for their responsibilities as parents.....we already have domestic free loaders, we don't need to take free loaders from other countries.
Wait a minute. These cultures rely on these kids taking care of them in their senior years. If that means shoving them across a desert alone into a wasteland of unknown? Who cares Mom and Dad need a retirement. Cultural values. This is where the real "ripping apart families" begins.

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Are you crazy?? Why come here???
Because "everything free in America!".......duh.
Oh, I see what you did there. Can't get over how corny the Jets were, eh?

But yet so many of the dreamers are working, and at major corporations nonetheless. Hmm..

Old 09-05-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Why would people who care about Dreamers have to accept that deal?

My issue with this is that it costs tax payers money to incarcerate them. I'd say just deport them on the first offense. Incarceration can be an option if they come back; that implies the message wasn't clear and punishment can be warranted.
Okay; no deal then. Off you go, "Dreamers"!!

(Oh, and having the rule of law and being an autonomous country is WELL worth the expense!)

Old 09-05-2017, 09:37 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wait a minute. These cultures rely on these kids taking care of them in their senior years. If that means shoving them across a desert alone into a wasteland of unknown? Who cares Mom and Dad need a retirement. Cultural values. This is where the real "ripping apart families" begins.

nothing wrong in that...........when their governments have limited resources than its the responsibility of the family....Parents take care of their children and when the children are adults and their parents old they take care of their parents....it has worked for centuries....it worked here too but the big welfare state took over the family and we see how well it has worked out in the family especially with blacks and Latinos.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
He didn't say illegal aliens did he? I mean, he's not a guy to mince words right? He gets straight to the point.
Weird he wouldn't actually use that phrase and instead say "Mexico is sending its people." So odd.

As for foreigners coming here with their kids, it's not ok. But I understand why. And I'm struggling to find what exactly my kids don't have because of the dreamers. Shelter, check. Food, check. Clothing, check. Education, check. Extracurricular activities, check. Pokemon Sun & Moon Burning Shadows collection, super check. Savings accounts, check. Parental love and support, check.

What has a foreigner taken from me?

And now there are 800,000 people who have been educated here and are contributing members of society who we'll now proceed to turn away. That's like dropping 500k to build a house and once you get keys, giving it to some random stranger. "Yeah, dude. It was a serious investment, but I won't reap the benefit. All yours, man." Ah, ok.
Hey, Kajo---if your kid was one of the ones killed by a "Dreamer", he or she would really "not have" something as a result of the dreamers, n'est ce pas??

Oh well....too bad for the suckers whose kids have been killed!

Old 09-05-2017, 09:39 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
There have been some posters here that compared ending DACA to what the nazis did to the Jews. That's reprehensible.

Now comes a California assemblyman, Marc Levine (D-San Rafael) who says ending DACA is "ethnic cleansing". What can you say about a lunatic like this? The left is going berserk but this is beyond the imagination.

I wonder if we are headed to another civil war. People like this are unhinged. Any sane people who are left in California need to abandon ship. It's already like a third world nation here.

California legislators look to protect DACA recipients - LA Times

Old 09-05-2017, 09:39 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Default Most Dreamers are NOT culturally American

Despite the claims once again by Obama and the liberal media, especially Obama who says this is often the only country they know and that they may not even speak their own language, this is FALSE for the most part.

If you watch the videos of all the Dreamers, even their leaders, you will notice that most of them are NOT culturally American, most of their friends are from their own national origin, and nearly all of them speak with a noticeably Mexican accent. Many of them speak our language very poorly. The only illegal whose English can pass as an American is probably the illegal journalist Jose Antonio Vargas (he is still illegal).

Most of these people are culturally and linguistically more at home in their native countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies