Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you re-elect Trump?
YES 371 48.69%
NO 391 51.31%
Voters: 762. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 10:11 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I read lots about how everyone dismisses polls about Trump, because they were wrong about him getting elected in the first place. I'm curious what such a poll among people in this forum might look like...

If it were time to vote again, would you re-elect Trump? Yes or no, and why?
I voted no. So far its split in the middle by votes in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 10:12 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No. As a resident of a U.S. territory, I cannot vote for anyone. However, I would never vote for Trump. I am glad to see people being vocal in their support and lack of support for him.

I am glad the rest of the world sees that the real USA is not as it seemed under former President Obama and that people like Trump and his supporters exist and hold highly problematic views.
Donald Trump’s fractious relationship with the Republican establishment reached a bizarre new level on Sunday when Senator Bob Corker described the White House as an “adult day care center” and warned that the president risked setting the US “on the path to World War III”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-twitter

Old 10-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The poll is for people who can legally vote in our elections. Why would you vote in this poll?
Why do you claim this poll is only for the people you say it is?

Old 10-09-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I vote for Pedro. And Vodka.
If anything, if there were a movement to pick other than who WILL take office, maybe someone could convince enough voters to vote for the SAME alternative in order to get that sort of attention that might actually matter.

For example, someone of fame or maybe a group of famous people pitch that everyone write in the candidate known as "Wewant Better." If enough of a third alternative choice was counted rather than splintered between all other alternative choices and/or no-votes, maybe just maybe enough attention would be drawn to that call for better.

Imagine, for example, if candidate Wewant Better actually got more votes than either Hillary or Trump...

Old 10-09-2017, 10:30 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Pharoah View Post
There has never been any such thing as I am suggesting to occur in the US.

You went to small scale stuff without much fire behind it.

If millions angrily march on capitals all over the US and refuse to leave until change is made, i guarantee you will not be left with such a feeling.

But that will never happen as people all have the same defeatist attitude and choose to accept such thievery and corruption.
When the imaginary marches with imaginary angry people happen, I'll want to know what kind of change they want, what change the counter-protesters will want, and how long they'll march.

Change/moving the needle would happen if you and the other millions who don't vote or vote for the lesser of two evils voted third-party or wrote in Bill Gates, Michael Moore, Ben Stein, Anyone.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
I read lots about how everyone dismisses polls about Trump, because they were wrong about him getting elected in the first place. I'm curious what such a poll among people in this forum might look like...

If it were time to vote again, would you re-elect Trump? Yes or no, and why?
Unfortunately there is no way of knowing who voted as many Anti Trumpers could have voted while this poll is not applicable for them.

To be honest when I received calls during the elections in 2016 from pollsters, I would never answer questions on the phone as I would face to face as you never know who is really on the other hand of the phone.

I bet that next elections the amount of pollsters getting a honest answer will be even less with the aggressive left like Antifa!

Who wants their homes spray painted because the favor Trump and not their left candidate.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Unfortunately there is no way of knowing who voted as many Anti Trumpers could have voted while this poll is not applicable for them.

To be honest when I received calls during the elections in 2016 from pollsters, I would never answer questions on the phone as I would face to face as you never know who is really on the other hand of the phone.

I bet that next elections the amount of pollsters getting a honest answer will be even less with the aggressive left like Antifa!

Who wants their homes spray painted because the favor Trump and not their left candidate.
Not sure there is anyone this poll is "not applicable" for, but aside from that, I'm not one of these people inclined toward using my home as a billboard no matter who I think is worthy of my vote or why, but some people are in-your-face about that sort of thing whether with a Trump banner or not. Ultimately it's what happens in that voter booth that matters in the end. The rest is all part of the political process leading up to then, including all the "good, bad and ugly."

Or so we can still appreciate here in America unlike in many other countries where even the election results are not legitimate due to serious fraud and foul play...

Old 10-09-2017, 11:36 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Why do you claim this poll is only for the people you say it is?
What is the point of asking those who cannot legally vote in our elections?

Old 10-10-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What is the point of asking those who cannot legally vote in our elections?
The point was to see how the numbers would come out among C-D posters, though I have to admit there is not all that much point in that. More an interest in the WHY people vote the way they do...

Like how people who didn't think Trump was a moron before can have any question now that he acts like a complete moron as he decides to pick this infantile battle with Tillerson. What a numbskull, and he is our POTUS? Beyond ridiculous!

"Donald Trump has challenged his secretary of state to “compare IQ tests” – if Rex Tillerson did call the president a “moron”, as reported. Trump told Forbes magazine: “I think it’s fake news. But if he did [say] that, I guess we’ll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.” "

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...illerson-moron

It seems hardly a day goes by that we don't get more proof of just what a fool Trump truly is...

Old 10-11-2017, 11:51 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
You worry about people maybe thinking you un-American because you don't vote, but I doubt you will find more people who don't agree with your sentiments and frustration...

Thing is though, there are already an alarming number of people who don't bother to vote because of our many problems and issues politically speaking. The number of no-votes doesn't register or matter anything like the votes that determine who is going to become POTUS, and who becomes POTUS matters, a lot!

I just can't understand people who don't get this...

Do whatever else you feel is appropriate to help improve or better our system, alleviate those frustrations, but to allow others to decide who is going to run the country? To me that's like a child leaving to his parents who he/she is to marry. Comes a point!

Right! Wake up for crying out loud!
When people are voting for the lesser of two evils how is that even a choice?? Did you know if NO ONE voted congress and the house would choose someone for us. Which begs the question, how do we know they are not doing that very thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies