Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 08:52 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,394,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Unless you factor in civilian deaths in in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan..then we get to 7 figures
Never forget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 08:54 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,990,275 times
I will never forget that day. Waiting in horror and shock for our loved ones to get home from work in NYC that day. Those who never made it home and those who finally did, completely covered from head to toe is silt, dust and debris.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:59 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,148,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We will never forget who caused 9/11 and the lives lost on and after 9/12 that were all related to 9/11!
Never forget? Many still think Iraq/Hussein caused it.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:00 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,620,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Not a very good 9/11 memorial thread....if that's what this was supposed to be....the original post is all over the place and the responses only made it worse.

But as somebody that was wearing the US military uniform when the towers came down, I will never forget 9/11.
This is about the only post on this thread that makes any sense to me at all.

I don't like all the wars that were fought in the name of that terrible day. I don't scapegoat all Muslims for that terrible day. I don't think that day is a good excuse for "nation-building," whatever that is.

But I do remember the horror of watching those buildings fall, and of imagining what it must have been like to be trapped inside.

The people who died in those towers were not political figures. They were innocents, going about their daily lives. Let's not disrespect their memory by either using their deaths to justify more needless wars OR by saying the fact that they were killed is somehow justified by this country's past misdeeds.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:04 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,594,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
We know it means nothing to you.
Actually, it means more to him than it does all the right-wingers who blindly supported your Preskdent's invasion of Iraq, when he blamed 9/11 on Saddam Hussein.

Let me remind you of that.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:06 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,394,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
This is about the only post on this thread that makes any sense to me at all.

I don't like all the wars that were fought in the name of that terrible day. I don't scapegoat all Muslims for that terrible day. I don't think that day is a good excuse for "nation-building," whatever that is.

But I do remember the horror of watching those buildings fall, and of imagining what it must have been like to be trapped inside.

The people who died in those towers were not political figures. They were innocents, going about their daily lives. Let's not disrespect their memory by either using their deaths to justify more needless wars OR by saying the fact that they were killed is somehow justified by this country's past misdeeds.
None of the deaths of innocent people simply going on in their daily lives are justified. None of them. No matter where they are.

NYC, Boston, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or wherever they are.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:08 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,936,524 times
I remember

Thousands of lives were needlessly lost.
Tens, hundreds, thousands of thousands of lives were forever altered.
Families and friendships were destroyed.

Just like happens daily around the world.
Sure, the scales are different, but when someone you love is killed, the scale matters little.

9/11/2001 was the day that America should have been reminded that we're no different than the rest of the world.

Unfortunate that so many people look at those events and try to use them to force the opposite view point. Because that's what leads to this kind of thing in the first place.

11,904 posts, read 5,620,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
None of the deaths of innocent people simply going on in their daily lives are justified. None of them. No matter where they are.

NYC, Boston, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or wherever they are.
I couldn't possibly agree with you more.

54,505 posts, read 33,934,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's it supposed to mean to me? Tell me.

It has some enhanced meaning to you that it doesn't have to me? What...you went out and killed a bunch of Al Qaeda terrorists in the intervening years?

"We will never forget!" Pfffft....so what. They didn't strike us with hopes that we'd forget anyway. They wanted you to remember it for as long as you live.

Whatever. It's done and it's over. I ain't about to live out life through the prism of 9/11. What you need to be thinking about is how this country can avoid that kinda blowback again, instead of dwelling on 9/11.
Whether you live in New York City, Dallas, Seattle, Los Angeles, Phoenix, or any little town USA, you have to remember that the September 11th, 2001 attacks were attacks on all of us Americans.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:40 AM

13,299 posts, read 7,901,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Who can forget 9/11?

We were attacked on our own soil. Thousands were massacred.

Took us years to get the guy behind it.
Did you get the right guy?

" . . he orders a helicopter pilot to crash, and then twice breaks his own arm. He claims that he is either with the CIA, the CIC, or the CID, depending on who he's dealing with."

Colonel Sam Flagg | Monster M*A*S*H | FANDOM powered by Wikia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2TrW8jR8EM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies