Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 12:11 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,075,078 times

Advertisements

As an aside that same professor also hosted a dinner for Hispanic students the night before.
Not a tweet out of that group.

Professor posted the menus for both nights. Said the Black students never commented on the food while they were there..only afterwards.
Those Black students were also offered Danish ribs, brownies and cookies and BBQ chicken.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...n-american-and

Old 09-20-2017, 12:15 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It isn't the student who's lacking in this event.

The president of a bible thumping southern college sets the table with cotton balls...

Really?

His wife probably saw it at Hobby Lobby and thought it was the "in" decor for this fall.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Seriously, Am I the only one who read the source material ??? You are the 2nd person to ask that and I quoted it there too.
that information was given AFTER your statement that I quoted. and it still doesn't prove it wasn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lmao.. these folks don't read, they just bash Black folk.

where's the 'bashing'? point it out for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
As an aside that same professor also hosted a dinner for Hispanic students the night before.

Professor posted the menus for both nights. Said the Black students never commented on the food while they were there..only afterwards.
Those Black students were also offered Danish ribs, brownies and cookies and BBQ chicken.

that's gonna put a rather large dent in the 'hateful racist bigot' story

Old 09-20-2017, 12:17 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nope. Not even close, FatBob.
Ahh..

How about you tell me what I am then?

Here's the thing.......

I don't actually have a vagina.....but if I did , I'd keep it in my pants instead of wearing it on my sleeve.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Why are racial groups getting a dinner with the school president?

I can't get past that part to even comment on anything else.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:

Only one tweet by a single black student has been highlighted....Not sure why you are thinking all the black students said something.

Will note that the black student also commented on the Latino meal the night before so your link is not a revelation in this regard.

I noted earlier that it is silly to provide stereotypical meals to fit a particular audience. Not sure why the Latinos didn't get the collards and mac/cheese. I'm sure many Latino students like it. Also they could have given the Latino meal to the black students. I don't know any black student who doesn't like tacos and fajitas.

The main gripe of that black student was the decor and the fact the president brushed off their concerns.

On the Latinos not tweeting, honestly many minority groups are much more silent about things than blacks. Being outspoken is a part of our culture. That's why everyone else wants us to advocate for them (see past threads in this regard).

Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,075,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Bowing to the great diversity gods for PR reasons.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:21 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Tuition is just under $30K/year. Add in $15K in room and board and students can attend Lipscomb University "a faith-based, liberal arts institution dedicated to challenging students academically, spiritually and as global community citizens."

Though Lipscomb U does well enough in the Christian college rankings, it's the 11th ranked university in Tennessee and clearly has a ways to go in meeting its mission. Uncertain how inviting black students over for dinner to chat about their experiences and then insulting them meets these lofty goals.

If I was writing the checks for a $45K/year liberal arts degree, I believe I'd think twice about writing another one as I'm uncertain how deliberately insulting people will be helpful for global citizens.

On second thought, POTUS deliberately insults and slanders people all the time. He did it again just yesterday.

So maybe it is a great career move for Christians.

Who is next and what's for dinner?

Old 09-20-2017, 12:22 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

i think it's supposed to give them an opportunity to feel shunned and hated at the highest levels.

at least that's what i'm getting from some of the nutjob responses on this thread.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Bowing to the great diversity gods for PR reasons.
Call me a snowflake but if anyone invited me to a dinner because of my race (though I'm mixed) I'd tell them to go F themselves.

You want to get to know me, my plans, my concerns about the school, etc as a student...I'm in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies