Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do wealthy people owe the 99% something? Should they?
Yes 78 35.62%
No 141 64.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 10:43 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
why do we have to respect a hoarder?
Who cares and so what?

He doesn't need your respect. He can hoard all he wants as long as it's legal.

Why do you even care about that? Jealousy? Projection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 10:43 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
why hasn't the GOP pushed these through since they control all 3 branches?
Might happen. One more Trump SCOTUS appointee and that course will be extremely likely.

Quote:
Obama deported more folks than any other president yet folks claim he loved illegals.
Deported? No. Turned away at the border? Perhaps. How wonderful it would have been if Obama actually HAD deported illegal aliens residing in the US.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:44 AM

8,694 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Bill and Melinda are just as greedy. They use their charity foundation as a tax shelter.
giving almost all your money is greedy?

Old 09-22-2017, 10:47 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
the very rich tends to donate money or set up foundations to minimize taxes. Give money to your pet projects > giving to uncle sam.

I'll admit I donate $$ to causes I believe in. I am aware is a nice benefit to pay less to the government on my W2
Also they create fake businesses that they know won't post a profit, and will show a loss, just to use as a tax write off.

Anyone that doesn't understand that the wealthy are screwing over the rest of the country doesn't understand how taxes, banking, and finance is setup in the U.S.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:48 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
why hasn't the GOP pushed these through since they control all 3 branches?

Obama deported more folks than any other president yet folks claim he loved illegals.
Obama had more to choose from.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Also they create fake businesses that they know won't post a profit, and will show a loss, just to use as a tax write off.

Anyone that doesn't understand that the wealthy are screwing over the rest of the country doesn't understand how taxes, banking, and finance is setup in the U.S.
Have you run any business? How does one create a fake business to claim losses legally? I want to know. Creating a business only costs a few hundred dollars. If I can write off as much as I want, that would be lovely!

Do you know what a tax write off is? It's you give me $100 and I give you $30 back. If you like that write off, we can do this as long as you please.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
giving almost all your money is greedy?
Putting money into a "charity" that they control to avoid paying taxes? Yeah, that's like giving all your money away.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:54 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Have you run any business? How do one create a fake business to claim losses legally? I want to know.

Do you know what a tax write off is? It's you give me $100 and I give you $30 back. If you like that write off, we can do this as long as you please.

It's a fake business relatively, on paper, it's a legal business with a tax ID. I'm sorry your knowledge on this subject is infantile compared to mine.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:55 AM

8,694 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:

I'm sure scam or illegal activities exist but its not every wealthy people who pull these stunts. That is just silly.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
It's a fake business relatively, on paper, it's a legal business with a tax ID. I'm sorry your knowledge on this subject is infantile compared to mine.
Please example. I don't claim to be an expert on this subject at all. I have run my share of business and haven't figure out how to write things off yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies