Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 10:12 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

Puerto Rico politicians are to blame for the destruction of their island. Crappy preparedness, crappy infrastructure and rampant corruption.

Buildings not up to code, why they flew apart. The electrical grid looks like a five year olds job.

Politicians blaming Trump is to deflect from their own shortcomings.

I have been there. Place is a dump. The hurricane gives them a chance to start over.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I see lots of pictures of people helping themselves. The problem is blaming Trump when he seems to have put in place what he could and the country is so devastated no one can get the supplies where they need to go.

But it's disgusting for a president to criticize like that. It makes him look mean and petty. I wish for once he could ignore criticism from others without hitting back.
Get real they had supplies there before the storm. They do not have a plan to get the food to the people.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:15 AM

587 posts, read 305,180 times
I agree poor leadership like the state of California
California owes 700 billion in pension funds, 400 billion in government debt

They created it They should pay it..
Millinials weren't born yet

NOT OUR DEBT !

Old 09-30-2017, 10:17 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I've seen interviews of her on TV. She is a despicable creature, using a natural disaster for political gain.
What is despicable is a fat ignorant president playing golf at his richy rich hideaway and wolfing down steak and ice cream, while the Mayor of San Juan and her residents, are living a perilous and hellish existence. And to make matters worse he criticizes her to score political points with his dwindling and low info base!

Old 09-30-2017, 10:17 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Puerto Rico politicians are to blame for the destruction of their island. Crappy preparedness, crappy infrastructure and rampant corruption.

Buildings not up to code, why they flew apart. The electrical grid looks like a five year olds job.

I have been there. Place is a dump. The hurricane gives them a chance to start over.
Hear that everyone? Puerto Ricans should be grateful for the hurricane

Old 09-30-2017, 10:18 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I see lots of pictures of people helping themselves. The problem is blaming Trump when he seems to have put in place what he could and the country is so devastated no one can get the supplies where they need to go...
No, the core problem was the Trump administration's painting a rosy picture of how well the relief effort was going. This is what got Mayor Cruz (rightfully) upset. It was a major public relations gaffe on the White House's part to do an end zone celebration with high fives far, far too early.

The correct response by Trump should have been: "We hear and understand your frustration. We know the situation on the ground is very difficult there and we have been and are mobilizing resources to you as best as we can." But instead he takes every criticism as a personal attack and lashes out. He is too thin skinned to be president.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:19 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
I agree poor leadership like the state of California
California owes 700 billion in pension funds, 400 billion in government debt

They created it They should pay it..
Millinials weren't born yet

NOT OUR DEBT !
Probably should leave California out of this one, there are enough threads already about that state.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:20 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Let's say all that is true.

How does that justify Trump attacking the mayor who is simply begging for help precisely because their island has been basically destroyed?

You're doing a really bad job of defending Trump here. Puerto Rico's politicians being crappy doesn't excuse Trump.

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Helicopters are dropping food because the bridges are out. They need major help from the experts to get to the people. PR does not have the means to do this. They are like a third world country and need our Army Corps of Engineers to get it done.

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Truth hurts lefties feelings, and they call trump the baby LOL.
My feelings aren't hurt. I just enjoy pointing out Trump's inadequacies as there are SO many! It just never gets old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies