Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:07 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No TRUCK DRIVERS TO DRIVE THE TRUCKS THAT ARE OUT OF FUEL!
Plenty of fuel there. I guess the military will have to carry the load. More unpreparedness on PR's part.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:09 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,052,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Publicity stunt.
If the mayor had someone to follow her she wouldn't be using her time like the photo shows.

FEMA works best when there is a local government structure in place to receive assistance.
What is a leader in P.R. with no followers to do ? Blame someone else.
As someone that has been involved in Federal disaster response for over 30 years here are my thoughts and observations.

Federal disaster response is ALWAYS a partnership between state, local, and Federal agencies. Where you have corrupt state and local governments for some reason the media blames the Federal government.

In Katrina, the local and state government was so corrupt that some Federal employees would serve ONE 14-21 day assignment and the REFUSE to accept another due to local corruption and incompetence. That is the only time in my history that I was aware of Federal disaster employees refusing to go back to an incident due to local and state mis-managment. Think about it. You have Federal employees trained to help in disaster incidents refusing another assignment due to corruption of local government and Federal employees do get overtime pay for working on those assignments. Granted, these are not FEMA employees, but Federal employees that work for other agencies. They do not have to work disasters, and after one experience on Katrina they did refuse.

Bush should have declared martial law and taken over the local and state government to manage Katrina. Given the incompetence and corruption in Puerto Rico I hope President Trump does not make the same mistake.

He needs to declare martial law in Puerto Rico and have the Federal government take over the entire disaster response. This country does not need another Katrina.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:10 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,643,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Best thing I've seen yet and right on the mark!

Old 09-30-2017, 11:10 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Liberals first. Unchecked liberalism created the conditions that exist in PR now.
So how did they create those hurricanes anyway??

Old 09-30-2017, 11:13 AM

8,933 posts, read 4,660,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetan View Post
I'm sorry, but attacking a country in that kind of crisis is not acceptable.
When did we attack them? I don't recall any air strikes or major firefights with their local military.

Quote:
Liberals first. Unchecked liberalism created the conditions that exist in PR now.
Seems to be a major part of the disconnect with reality, in this thread too.

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The 30% of this board that voted Yes need to just move to Russia. Anyone who says yes that he should attack a Mayor dealing with a humanitarian crisis in an American city is not American and does not share American values. Just get out already.
Her rants do nothing. . She better get her government workers out of their air conditioned rooms and out where our soldiers are working.

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
So how did they create those hurricanes anyway??
How did Trump? Would you rather he denigrate the efforts of our military and responders that are there doing all they can to help PR? That would be an awesome thing to do.

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Plenty of fuel there.

You were wrong again, still............

Relief Effort In Puerto Rico Drags, Fuel Shortages Are Monumental : NPR

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ico/707448001/

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...urricane-maria

Old 09-30-2017, 11:14 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Consider: Obama went on a golfing vacation the day after 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi.

Trump can't personally do anything more than he has already done. His criticism was justified, since the Mayor was wrong in calling him out. Much of Puerto Rico's problems in dealing with the aftermath have been self created. Their power grid was in poor condition to begin with. They have done little to upgrade it.

The Trump Administration is doing, and has done, as much as they have done for Texas and Florida. The difficulty with Puerto Rico is that it is an island, and the airport could not immediately be used because of lack of power and traffic control system.

People are too quick (and too eager) to blame this Administration first.

Liberals are once again using this as an opportunity to attack Trump, unjustifiably.
You realize this whole fiasco started when Trump's acting DHS secretary went out and bragged about how this is really a "good news story" and they're doing such an awesome job reaching people, right?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:14 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,879 times
I think, it is all just politics. She is running over TV channels playing her side of politics. Trump playing his side of politics using twitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies