Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 07:24 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Pretty simple, huh?

Too bad the bleeding hearts just don't get it. They'd rather disarm the innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
You are preaching to the choir....a person that intentionally committed a murder for no reason should be locked up for life (at minimum). But there are less serious violent crimes that would carry lighter sentences...I still would not restore the rights to own a gun to these people.
See Should Serious Criminals Die Faster? for my thoughts.

Last edited by jbgusa; 10-20-2017 at 07:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 07:26 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
debris in the Hudson.... you mean the bodies/remains of mafia hits and bridge jumpers?
Oh, so I see you are familiar with the Hudson?

I only saw one body washed up besides the railroad tracks. I wasn't the one who found it. I was at the boat club when the cops came down and asked if I would take them to where the body was spotted. So I did, it was pretty disgusting all bloated up and bobbing up and down in the waves. As it turned out he dove off a boat and never came back up. There have been a few bridge jumpers off the Tappan Zee Bridge. I don't remember if they had them on the TZ but on some bridges they had suicide hot line phones at different intervals. Mafia hits? I don't know about that? I think they used cement boots or maybe ground them up as fish bait. They still haven't found Jimmy Hoffa.

Railroad ties were the biggest offenders, they'd float a coupla' inches below the surface. You'd be going along and all of a sudden the motor would kick up in the air damaging the prop and breaking the shear pin. I'll tell you there was all kinds of crap floating around there, tires, fuel tanks from semi's, you name it. At least those you could see. Then there was furniture that people would throw overboard from the Hudson River Day Liner along with hawser lines from ships and tugboats.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Even punching someone int he face to steal a wallet or a purse is not a crime to lock someone up for life.

Now, violently beating (with possibility of killing) is a very different story....same as attacking a much more weak person (an old lady for example).
I've never felt the urge to steal anything from anyone let alone just walk up to someone punch them in the face, knocking them to the ground and taking their wallet. As far as I'm concerned people who do things like that are low life scum. So yeah, I'm okay with locking them up for life. Maybe they could do something useful like making license plates?

Who's to determine what a violent beating is? Punching someone in the face can easily result in broken bones and getting your teeth knocked out just as being knocked to the ground can result in a cracked skull, concussion and yes even death. To me that certainly constitutes a violent crime.

I'll tell you what? Would you volunteer to be taken by surprise and punched in the face? I didn't think so.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:44 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
BCs are not a gun registry....the purpose of a BC is to ensure that a person can own a gun at the moment of the transfer...that's all....and definitely is not going retroactively for all the guns that have been sold and resold until now.

In my state you can voluntarily register a gun if you want to

I didn't say that BCs were a registry. I said that private BCs REQUIRE a registry in order to be enforced. Because of all the guns that have been sold and re sold. Please read my post a little closer. People can voluntarily register a gun in any state and Hawaii has a central registry. But there will be no such registry in NV. Opposition to such is quite strident. Vegas and their support of gun grabbing politicians be damned.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:44 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Go for it.

But remember if I give you what you want, you give me what I want. And I promise you, you won't like that.

Compromise is meeting in the middle.
Want psych screenings. Want blood. Hair. Finger prints. Registry.

I get unrestricted access to everything I want.
Belt fed/box fed machine guns.
Suppressors deregulated to be a fire arm accessory no different than that of a sling bipod or optic.
No limits on ammo.

Fair compromise yes?
You know, I can't believe I'm saying this (and I really don't understand why you would want this stuff), but in the end it might a better deal than what we currently have.

However, I would like very frequent psych screenings.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, if he was on a Violent Criminal Predator registry people would've known he was very dangerous and most likely wouldn't have been hired at the place he killed those people...
As long as he was out on the street as a free man a violent criminal predator registry certainly wouldn't prevent him from going off the deep end and killing people. It's a pretty big country he could go anywhere once he's released from prison. Since when have sex offender registries ever stopped anyone?

Relying on those registry's only provides a false sense of security.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
You know, I can't believe I'm saying this (and I really don't understand why you would want this stuff), but in the end it might a better deal than what we currently have.

You can be the first.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:09 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
You can be the first.

Oh, already walking away.

For me, no need, I'm not buying any.
I also had more background checks than you.

My bad, got two different posters mixed up.

Last edited by serger; 10-20-2017 at 08:57 PM..

Old 10-20-2017, 09:52 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post

Why do I want that stuff? Have you ever rented one? They're the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Plus they're good for dispatching property and livestock damaging hogs.
Yeah bet you didn't know that there are cattle ranchers who don't have hormone and antibiotic treated cattle that are free ranging (somewhat) that the wild boar will attack. And the tusks on a boar will transfer bacteria to the cattle which will infect said cattle. Very expensive loss...
Plus they will use their snouts and tusks to burrow down to the roots of a fruit bearing tree to chomp at them to kill off the tree to get it to drop fruit. They did it to Apple orchards in NY they do it to citrus groves in Florida...
So with a belt fed... I get to put intrusive porky down in mass numbers.
And get to eat good for a looooonnnnggggg time. That's alot of bacon and hams!

Who ever you are I'll prove you wrong see my response to serger.

So exactly how am I nut?

Old 10-20-2017, 10:27 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Lol I'm going to be highly entertained with whomever that was to come prove how I'm a nut. Let's see you wiggle your way out of that one

I stated a legitimate use for full auto.

Your side of the argument always blats about a little more compromise. So I pose a fair compromise.

Your side gets your feels good registry and backgrounds and psych evaluations.
My side gets unlimited access to whatever they want.

It's not a compromise if we continue to forfeit our rights to you. That's not a compromise. A compromise is meeting in the middle and 1 hand washes the other. Not take one side at the knees and then continue to kick them when they're down repeatedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies