Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 07:33 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Got it. Status quo is good for you too!
Sentence anybody committing any felony with any arm to 10 years without parole. You get an immediate reduction of homocide and “gun deaths.”

Do you have the guts to take it on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 07:43 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,762,357 times
Quote:
This latest terrorist was law abiding. He purchased legally. Yes? Are you glad this man was able to amass a S- load of guns? It's all ok unless you kill 59 and wound 500 plus??? We should all be able to amass a small arms race in our hotel rooms or basements. Really?

If we add up the gun deaths in Europe and add up the gun deaths in the US - I think you will see a difference. Yes? Hint: there are around 35,000 gun deaths in the US annually. You like this number? Huh?
How many of those are suicides? How many of those are committed by illegals? Don't just read a statistic somewhere and jump to conclusions. Let's also look at how many crimes were deterred by a good guy with a gun, you seldom hear about those, but it happens all the time. The fantasy that more laws and regulations would've stopped the evil Paddock is just that, a fantasy.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:46 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I had to double check (no not really) but there is no amendment that gives you the right to bear automobiles.
Just like you have no right to air travel hence why a no fly list is constitutional, but a no gun buy list is not without due process.
Its mind boggling how the left are so completely ignorant when it comes to our constitution.

RR
Constitutionally the federal government doesn't have any power to enact any gun laws. Congress only has power that has been delegated to it and these "delegated powers" are defined in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. Unless an amendment is passed to allow the government to impose gun restrictions then this issue is left up to the States and the People.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:39 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't make up the definitions.

Mass Shootings - isn't 4 or 5 where did you get 3 from?

And as for the last part of your comment -- that's just stupid.
They found ammonium nitrate in his car or at his house. For all I know, that could have just been a bag of fertilizer and the news is running with it, but it's not that far out of left field.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:18 PM

457 posts, read 661,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I didn't say confiscation, so the government wouldn't be stealing anyone's gun. A gun collector could meet the quota by selling off part of their collection.

Shocked you are asking about registration. Why do cars have license plates and registration? Partly because cars were used in the commission of crimes. Licenses and registration help identify the owner, as well as to trace stolen cars. No reason the same logic can't be applied to weapons as well.

Hate to interrupt your snowfall, but licensing drivers and vehicles is a revenue measure related to
exercising the privilege of driving.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:32 PM

457 posts, read 661,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If they had to grandfather in existing gun owners little would change. Citizens wouldn't take too well to the Govt stealing their expensive firearms.

No one has ever answered my question, what purpose is a "registration"?

Most guns aren't traceable, what do we do with those? Make it a felony? How many new prisons are we going to need for these millions of new felons?
There are an estimate 380 million guns in America. There will never be an outlawing of them, nor confiscation. Any attempt at outlawing or confiscation will result in the 2nd civil war. Yes, it is just that simple! Why was the last 8 years of the Obama administration the most profitable on record for gun manufacturers?

Guns began being registered in 1968, as a result of the GCA of 1968. Those manufactured prior to that are
not registered. Before that time, walk into any hardware store in America and buy the firearm of your choice. Your receipt may or may not have had your name on it. (usually did, for guarantee purposes)

Bottom line: there is a cost involved in living in a country with as many freedoms as we enjoy, someone else bought and paid for your freedoms!

Old 10-08-2017, 11:53 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
I didn't even realize anyone watched SNL anymore lol.. well I'll be dang..

Old 10-09-2017, 07:51 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
How many of those are suicides? How many of those are committed by illegals? Don't just read a statistic somewhere and jump to conclusions. Let's also look at how many crimes were deterred by a good guy with a gun, you seldom hear about those, but it happens all the time. The fantasy that more laws and regulations would've stopped the evil Paddock is just that, a fantasy.
I see a trend here. Yet another one that is good with the status quo. Why bother doing anything,right. No worries, nothing will change.

On a side note, I just don't understand why so many here are upset about foreign terrorism and stopping that but have no issue with our bigger domestic terrorism problem. I guess when the terrorist looks like you or could be you - no problem, move along...

Old 10-09-2017, 11:02 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,702 times
Quote:
I see a trend here. Yet another one that is good with the status quo. Why bother doing anything,right. No worries, nothing will change.

On a side note, I just don't understand why so many here are upset about foreign terrorism and stopping that but have no issue with our bigger domestic terrorism problem. I guess when the terrorist looks like you or could be you - no problem, move along...
So, come up with a solution that doesn't violate my 2nd, 4th and 5th amendment rights as a citizen of the United States. It's a given that crazy people do crazy things, and some of those things involve mass shootings. The Genie of gun ownership has been out of the bottle since this country was founded, it's really kind of late to try and put it back in the bottle.

So now the question is, What do we do about it and how do we stop mass shooting without violating people constitutional rights????? I'd really like to hear your intelligent answer to this question.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:45 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,762,357 times
All he has is a fantasy of total gun confiscation.It's really just emotional venting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies