Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2017, 05:54 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Bill Gates and Zuckerberg donate loads far more than you or I have.
Then where are the charity clinics and hospitals? Why isn't providing health care for the poor a priority to them?

If it's not a priority to them, why should it be to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 05:57 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,125,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not entirely true. Auto insurance is based on the insured's risk. For example, I'm paying $380/year to insure a 2016 SUV I bought new for around $60,000.

No reason health insurance can't also be based on an individual's risk. Keep fit, don't smoke or abuse drugs/alcohol, maintain a healthy body weight and other vitals, etc. = pay lower premiums.
I live in a "no fault" state, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've had one speeding ticket in 44 years & zero other violations and the claims that were paid didn't total $6,000.00 together. I pay 645 for my 2010 Fusion as a leisure vehicle since I'm retired.

The person I talked about fits into the category you describe, but I imagine those people are a very small minority. You have a good idea and then the people that have a family history of hereditary diseases could purchase a catastrophic policy just to be safe.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:08 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Viewing the posts on this thread, I’m very grateful that I’ll never meet the persons that posted them.

Too often, I’ll read a thread here and then feel I need a shower.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Viewing the posts on this thread, I’m very grateful that I’ll never meet the persons that posted them.

Too often, I’ll read a thread here and then feel I need a shower.
Good. Go take a shower, then dig deep into your wallet to voluntarily pay for others' health care.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:05 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,838,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL! Don’t pandering your fake compassion. You don’t give a crap about the poor. You want someone else to pay for YOUR health care. Not only that, you want to force others at the gunpoint to pay for you.

You don’t have a shred of decency. You don’t need a shower. You need a soul.
You can easily interchange words in that sentence with

You want to force others to pay for YOUR military protection

You want to force others to pay for YOUR child's education

You want to force others to pay for YOUR highways

You want to force others to pay for YOUR libraries

You want to force others to pay for YOUR police dept

You want to force others to pay for YOUR fire dept

Enough of forcing people to pay for stuff already.

Go start and fund your own military, schools, highways, libraries, police, fire then come back here and complain.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:10 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,838,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yes indeed, I can see it now, the free market in action. Price shop on your phone for discount coupons for local emergency rooms while your child is having an asthma attack, but don't forget to check Groupon!
Imagine the lulz that would ensue while having a heart attack you find a coupon on your phone for treatment at the hospital one city over and ask the Doctor(s) if he/they can "price match"

Old 10-15-2017, 09:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They have? Then this map of states that teach abstinence but not birth control must be "fake news"?

As far as abortion being 'easy' to get? Not so much if you live in Missouri, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota or Wyoming where there is one abortion clinic in the entire state. Birth control? It's easy if you have health insurance, but in states without expanded medicaid the only way most women can get birth control is through planned parenthood, and in some states you have to travel pretty far to get to a PP clinic.

If birth control is used, abortions would be few in most states, so the fact that in some states women don't have easy access to abortion is even more reason to diligently use birth control.

And even when the internet didn't exist most teens could have taught the sex ed class in high school.

High school is late, by the way. Most kids now know about sex in grade school including contraceptives.

Abortions are being used as birth control since such a large percentage of women who have them have had previous abortions.

There's absolutely no reason why a woman of any age who cannot afford to feed a baby should be having one.

Last edited by MPowering1; 10-15-2017 at 09:27 PM..

Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Everytime you purchase auto or homeowner insurance - you are paying for someone's healthcare. Because all those companies pay for insurance for their employees.

We are all paying one way or the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1
So you're saying State Farm pays for the employees medical insurance in full?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's not what I said at all.

So apparently I'm not getting it. What does your initial statement mean?

Old 10-15-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post

Go start and fund your own military, schools, highways, libraries, police, fire then come back here and complain.
That doesn't apply to people who actually pay taxes. Over 45% of 1040 filers pay no federal income tax whatsoever. They actually ARE wanting others to be forced to pay for their government services.

Either we ALL pay, or NO ONE pays. We need a flat tax.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:41 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post

Are you sure your name isn't Mr. Warren, rather than MrGompers ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies