Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 07:51 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I don't think you get it I will happily pay more to do that. I'm just one person though the majority needs to get in line to support helping the underclass.
Since when do heavily Dem cities with large populations not want to help the poor? Honestly, their continuing lack of adequately addressing the needs of their own poor is extremely hypocritical. Charity begins at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If you have not seen or heard his views all that FED money going to sustain them- be changed or lessened as well--- he wants to privatize all-- downsize govt except for the military
Ah... Trump's a Constitutionalist. Imagine that... A US President actually abiding by the US Constitution...

Old 10-14-2017, 07:56 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If you have not seen or heard his views all that FED money going to sustain them- be changed or lessened as well--- he wants to privatize all-- downsize govt except for the military
Insurance was cheaper for me before Obamacare so I'm all for bringing it back.

IMHO what they should have done was just extend medicaid to working class and have them pay premiums and then create a national high risk pool for the chronically ill instead of having state pools.

The 2 groups that Obamacare aimed for were those that couldn't afford premiums and those that were sick that couldn't get insurance.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:08 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am sick to death of arguments like this. Yes, there are people who are overweight and who do not live healthy lifestyles, but there are also many people who become ill or injured through no fault of their own. I also have to wonder where you shop, because I have never seen anyone like that at our local Walmart, or anywhere else. The people I have seen using scooters were always either old or obviously injured.

This kind of BS is nothing more than a dressed-up version of the argument that bad things never happen to good people.
I'm in the medical field and some of these arguments are beyond comprehension. I think it's "magical thinking," more than anything else. If I do "such and such" (get a great job, save enough, work hard, purchase great insurance, fill in the blanks) things will be okay for me personally. Truth is most are on thin ice and anyone can end up bankrupt w/ a major illness, chronic illness, etc. The dominoes tend to fall very quickly.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:11 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You simply go to a busy street corner with a sign and beg for money to pay for needed medical attention. If you feel too sick to do that, then beg for a friend or relative to do the begging for you.
Huh??

Old 10-14-2017, 08:17 AM

St. Jude's and Shriners have charity hospitals for children. Why don't liberals open and fund charity hospitals for the poor?

Old 10-14-2017, 08:21 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Ah... Trump's a Constitutionalist. Imagine that... A US President actually abiding by the US Constitution...
Get real.

Trump has announced that he doesn't have to follow the Constitution's Emolument clause because he is POTUS and thus can accept payments from foreign governments with no problem.

He's been attacking the First Amendment protection of the Free Press right along. Did it again just the other day. Insinuated the FCC should pull NBC's license to broadcast.

Reportedly, he was surprised to find out about the 25th Amendment.

Trump likely doesn't even know what is in the U.S. Constitution and he darn sure isn't abiding by it.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:24 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Get real.

Trump has announced that he doesn't have to follow the Constitution's Emolument clause because he is POTUS and thus can accept payments from foreign governments with no problem.

He's been attacking the First Amendment protection of the Free Press right along. Did it again just the other day. Insinuated the FCC should pull NBC's license to broadcast.

Reportedly, he was surprised to find out about the 25th Amendment.

Trump likely doesn't even know what is in the U.S. Constitution and he darn sure isn't abiding by it.
Yeah.."The Constitution is just a piece of paper" as a previous President stated..right ?

You can't be ok with one party doing something and then outraged when the other party does the exact same thing.

Either you hold both parties to the same standard or just forget your standards.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:29 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I'm in the medical field and some of these arguments are beyond comprehension. I think it's "magical thinking," more than anything else. If I do "such and such" (get a great job, save enough, work hard, purchase great insurance, fill in the blanks) things will be okay for me personally. Truth is most are on thin ice and anyone can end up bankrupt w/ a major illness, chronic illness, etc. The dominoes tend to fall very quickly.
I think it may go deeper than magical thinking. Once you recognize your own vulnerability, you have to recognize the vulnerability of other people. Strip away all of the excuses, and it comes down to one thing, and one thing only: am I okay with people dying over money? Most people here who oppose health care for all have not been willing to actually say such a thing, but that's what it comes down to.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Get real.
I am. I don't see where in the US Constitution the Fed Gov is responsible for providing health care. The Fed Gov IS, however, responsible for providing for national defense.
Quote:
Oh, please. That's such a lame allegation. George Washington’s Mount Vernon was a working plantation during his presidency, so did its international tobacco sales to foreign governments or officials violate the Emoluments Clause? No.

And too many in the MSM have been running supposed "news" stories without fact checking, therefore reporting fake news. Calling out fake news as exactly such is ALSO a First Amendment right, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies