Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 04:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why are people bringing children into this world that they cannot afford to feed?
Oh I dunno..but easier access to birth control and abortion could fix a lot of that, as would teaching about birth control in school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And that irritates me no end. People should pay for their own stuff.
Sure you do, unless you end up drawing the short straw and end up terribly ill with no way to pay for your own healthcare.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sure you do, unless you end up drawing the short straw and end up terribly ill with no way to pay for your own healthcare.
I have my own resources.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Everytime you purchase auto or homeowner insurance - you are paying for someone's healthcare. Because all those companies pay for insurance for their employees.

We are all paying one way or the other.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I have my own resources.
I have no way of knowing if you really do or not, but assuming you are doing ok financially but not a multi-millionaire what would $500,000 do to your financial situation? That's just about what a liver transplant costs

Old 10-13-2017, 05:06 PM

30,447 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Just keep forcing people to pay fine.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:10 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
What do we do about healthcare for the poor?

Heck what do we do about healthcare for the struggling middle class?
One amazing thing about that. Most middle class people get their insurance through employment. If not they would never be able to afford it. I always found it amazing how many people have no idea what their employer is actually paying for their insurance. They only know what is taken from their paycheck towards it.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:13 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what a "San Fransican" is but there are homeless people all over the US and that's probably a topic for another thread since there is little if any relationship between healthcare and homelessness.
San Franciscans. Happy?

There shouldn't be any homeless people in San Francisco. The left-wing supposedly "cares" about the poor, remember?

Shelter is even more of a critical life-sustaining need than health care.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:17 PM

736 posts, read 353,868 times
The US can provide reduce healthcare for all, except the rich, by reducing the military budget and eliminating foreign aid while increasing healthcare budget. In addition, the cost of medicine can be reduce by allowing foreign medicine to compete with US pharmacy. At moment, us pharmacy are operating like monopoly with no foreign competition like car manufactures before the US open it's markets to foreign car manufactures. However, republic nor democrats will reduce the military budge, eliminate or significantly reduce foreign aid, or open us medicine markets to foreign competitors. A republican controlled congress will not pass such legislation nor when Democrats had full control of congress.

Realistically, I don't think the system will change until people start revolting or at very least start threatening to remove from power any politician who votes in favor of pharmacy or military manufactures. In my opinion, the system will only be fixed once a complete collapse has occurred or when another power supersedes or threatens USA dominance.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:20 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Oh I dunno..but easier access to birth control and abortion could fix a lot of that, as would teaching about birth control in school.
Not necessarily. This should be eye-opening...

Fully 1/3 of the respondents in this study believe that the government pushes free birth control as a means of deliberately limiting the size of minority populations. They view the government pushing birth control on them as racism:

Although Most Unmarried Young Adults Want to Avoid Pregnancy, Many Don't Use Contraception
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies