Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,971,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good.

I hope some of you that usually thumb their noses at customers that are fat, ugly, whatever, can finally get through your brain that insulting or refusing service to ANY person is dead wrong.

Whataburger worker fired for refusing to serve police officers | Fox News
If that was not company policy then good for management, I would fire them had I been their manager, maybe even if it were company policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 08:42 PM

30,260 posts, read 11,884,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sounds like a private matter between employer and employee.

None of your business or my business
Perhaps its none of your business but.

It also involves the police department in question. The officer was discriminated against. That is not a private matter.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:45 PM

34,115 posts, read 17,177,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They should have also canned the sorry excuse for a manager.
amen

Old 10-14-2017, 09:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,411,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Perhaps its none of your business but.

It also involves the police department in question. The officer was discriminated against. That is not a private matter.
Well, don't go there then.

*shrug*

Old 10-15-2017, 06:04 AM

27,306 posts, read 13,570,699 times
I have never heard of the police being refused service in any other country but the US.

Then again in most countries the police have a close relationship with the licensing authorities, environmental health teams and trading standards and can report any incidents or worries to them.

As for cursing, the restaurant is open to the public and any swearing at the police in the UK would most likely result in arrests under the Public Order Act.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-15-2017 at 06:12 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 06:37 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,213,864 times
Wouldn't it be funny if one of those officers pulled over the fired worker for speeding? Then said "You refused to serve me, but I will gladly turn the other cheek and serve you. Please sign this ticket, sir" (best said with a smile).

Am glad they fired him!

Last edited by chessgeek; 10-15-2017 at 06:49 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 06:45 AM

5,667 posts, read 5,099,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if one of those officers pulled the fired worker for speeding? "You refused to serve me, but I will gladly turn the other cheek and serve you. Please sign this ticket, sir" (preferably said with a smile).

Am glad they fired him!
Even better if there were a call to the police or fire for assistance at that location and it was ignored. Put out the word to thugs that it's open season on that store.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:51 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,758,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if one of those officers pulled over the fired worker for speeding? Then said "You refused to serve me, but I will gladly turn the other cheek and serve you. Please sign this ticket, sir" (best said with a smile).

Am glad they fired him!

Wouldn't it be nice if cops stopped killing people of color, or actually went to jail for the murder of people of color?

Old 10-15-2017, 07:05 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,213,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if cops stopped killing people of color, or actually went to jail for the murder of people of color?
Yes, but these two officers did not kill anyone. Agree that the very small percentage of officers that have unnecessarily and recklessly shot citizens should be removed from the department and be subject to prosecution. I have several posts on a couple threads addressing that issue.

There is no mention in the link that these two officers that were refused service and being cursed at by the former employee were accused of killing anyone. Perhaps you are reading something that is not there. Recommend that you read it again.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:11 AM

5,667 posts, read 5,099,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Or even better if blacks (I hate the euphemism "people of color" - let's stick to plain language) stopped committing crimes, often serious crimes, in numbers far disproportionate to their portion of the population and blaming LE for dealing with it in a necessary manner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies