Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 07:31 AM

18,486 posts, read 15,293,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sounds like a private matter between employer and employee.

None of your business or my business
Perhaps. But it IS in the news. People have the right to express an opinion on the matter, just as you have expressed yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 07:44 AM

10,523 posts, read 4,078,716 times
When will these morons get with the program. You just can't use your place of work as a platform to protest or disparage someone or something you dont like without repercussions. This world does not work or revolve around you.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:58 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,954,096 times
America has gone the way of Babylon, and we should all know the end of that civilization.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:58 AM

24,036 posts, read 15,144,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
When will these morons get with the program. You just can't use your place of work as a platform to protest or disparage someone or something you dont like without repercussions. This world does not work or revolve around you.
I go to a Whataburger regularly. This is not company policy. The employee was an idiot to pull that crap at work.

And, while I agree the athletes protesting the treatment of their community, ya don't do it while at work. It may be a fun outing for the people in the stadium to watch a game, but the players are on the payroll.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:08 AM

30,212 posts, read 11,874,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Well, don't go there then.

*shrug*
So for you the employee did nothing wrong. They were exercising their rights like football players kneeling?

By the same logic a black person can be refused service because they are wearing a shirt saying they support the athletes who kneel at sporting events and the employee might be offended by that shirt.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:10 AM

5,902 posts, read 3,912,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
America has gone the way of Babylon, and we should all know the end of that civilization.
After reading stories of police abuse, it appears to me they have the same affliction that our corporate elites have: they are not held accountable for bad actions. There are simply no significant consequences to unnecessarily beating someone up, locking someone up, killing someone, etc. The absence of consequences for bad actions effectively ensures there will be bad actions.

I think about how gullible I was when I was younger. At a jury duty selection twelve years ago, a question was asked if the panel trusted the word of a police officer more than an average person. I raised my hand and was sent home.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,968,744 times
She was p*ssed because her boyfriend had been arrested for criminal activities, so not so much about a political stand and more about personal hate. I doubt she will find work in town, Good. Enough said.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,648,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I go to a Whataburger regularly. This is not company policy. The employee was an idiot to pull that crap at work.

And, while I agree the athletes protesting the treatment of their community, ya don't do it while at work. It may be a fun outing for the people in the stadium to watch a game, but the players are on the payroll.
Its more about the amount of people football players can reach and have an influence on. Lots of people may be claiming they dont care what overpaid athletes think...but we know that is false as its the thing everyone was talking about for awhile.

And really someone upset with Govt in this country or where its heading, the local police are likely to be the first lines of opposition they encounter, similar to what would happen if the people ever needed to rise up and take power away from the Govt, local police would be the first resistance they encounter, but they would still need to be shut down even though they are not part of the problem, they are standing in the way so to speak.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
What happened to just spitting into their burgers and saying, "Have a nice day, officer."?
Gross. I'd rather they just tell me to my face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Perhaps its none of your business but.

It also involves the police department in question. The officer was discriminated against. That is not a private matter.
I thought we were all about discrimination being ok now and all. Perhaps the employee has religious beliefs that prevent them from serving police.

Who are we to say?

Old 10-15-2017, 08:58 AM

30,212 posts, read 11,874,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
She was p*ssed because her boyfriend had been arrested for criminal activities, so not so much about a political stand and more about personal hate. I doubt she will find work in town, Good. Enough said.
Well she needs a new job and perhaps needs to do a better job choosing boyfriends. But of course its all the fault of the police not her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies