Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:33 AM

375 posts, read 331,786 times

Advertisements

I dare say we can't judge people by morals of today. Slavery was not considered immoral back then, so we can't just apply the morals of today retroactively and expect to come to any sort of meaningful understanding. Let's say (hypothetically) that 100 years from now, eating any meat is considered immoral, murderous, and disgusting. And then if those people applied the morals retroactively 100 years back, they'd come to the conclusion that 99% of the population were immoral cretins.

But there is a distinction for confederates. They were traitors by definition, they lost, so I don't see why we pay any homage to losing traitors. All those statues should come down (within the confines of the constitution of course).

Old 10-20-2017, 09:42 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Well....at the end of the day....when and if the world is destroyed at the hands of mankind.......guess what folks will have invented the instrument of destruction?

Your inventions are unparalleled....but so is your destruction. They are offsetting.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:51 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
No, it doesn't.

World map based on the human development of each country:
The places with the highest economic freedom also have the highest levels of human development according to that map.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:06 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....at the end of the day....when and if the world is destroyed at the hands of mankind.......guess what folks will have invented the instrument of destruction?

Your inventions are unparalleled....but so is your destruction. They are offsetting.
Burning and hacking your way across an entire African country seems pretty destructive as well. Sudan anyone?

Old 10-20-2017, 01:54 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Whenever anyone starts a sentence with, "I am not a racist, but..." it's a sure bet they're a racist.
No comment.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Actually, it STILL has been the bastion of civilization. The majority of tech, health advancements, science, etc. has come out of Europe and North America over the last 200 years.

It has had advanced first world problems that don't normally attach to hunter-gather societies who hadn't even invented the wheel by the 1500s. This includes major wars and empire building. Primitive cultures don't get extra credit for *not* doing something that they *couldn't* do even if they wanted to.

If we look at post-colonial Africa, however, there is no evidence to suggest that given the means, Africans act any differently or more peacefully than anyone else.

Not saying primitive societies aren't valuable or don't have merit. But all of us here in the US should be damned happy we were 1) colonized by the British as opposed to Spanish or Portuguese (I have heritage from all three so I can say that without hesitation) and 2) that our tradition and culture is built on western values in general, as opposed to Middle Eastern or even east Asian.

It's why the most progressive nations on earth are in Europe and north America. It's why white European societies are better to minorities of all kinds than in places on this planet where minorities are majorities.

It's why DESPITE being white supremacist hell-holes, the entire third world is banging down the door to move to Europe, the US and Canada.
Bravo! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I always knew Faber was a weirdo but didn't realize he was also a bigot.
Pointing out the truth makes him a bigot how?

Old 10-20-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You do realize, do you not, that genocide is not the exclusive province of white Europeans? Or are you not familiar with what the Hutus of Rwanda did to their Tutsi neighbors?

Given that the person doing the quoting is a financier (I believe), it seems reasonable to assess his comments through the lens of finance. Simply put, which countries are better to do business in? Which ones are wealthier? Which ones offer greater financial opportunities?

Personally, I agree with him. I would vastly rather live in, and do business in, and visit, most white-majority countries over most black-majority countries.

If that makes me a racist, then so be it.
God bless you sir.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Def ain't real smart since Black people from Africa are the MOST successful group in the US; better than either anglo whites or Asians.
Right.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
ST. LUCIA.

And I've studied in the UK and been to France, Spain, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Germany, btw. I would choose St. Lucia over them.
Who wouldn't, looks beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies