Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 11:17 AM

1,323 posts, read 589,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Armenian Genocide by Ottoman Empire - 1915
Huh? Did you even read the hint.

Anyway it was the Herero and Namaqua Genocide in what is now modern day Namibia. Basically the Germans killed 80% of the Hereros and half of the Namaquas then stole their land and everything else of value. 1904-1907.

Quote:
Germany ruled Namibia from 1844 to 1915. It was here that the Germans carried out the first genocide of the 20th century, the Herero and Namaqua Genocide. Half the Nama population and 80% of the Hereros were killed. The survivors, when finally released from detention, were subjected to a policy of dispossession, deportation, forced labour, racial segregation (they were confined to so-called “native territories”) and discrimination. The genocide, plus racist laws and sheer brutality, was used to deprive the black Namibians of their land. This land was “given” to the white settlers.
Quote:
In 1985, the United Nations' Whitaker Report classified the aftermath as an attempt to exterminate the Herero and Nama peoples of South West Africa, and therefore one of the earliest attempts at genocide in the 20th century. In 2004, the German government recognized and apologized for the events, but ruled out financial compensation for the victims' descendants.[12] In July 2015, the German government and the speaker of the Bundestag officially called the events a "genocide" and "part of a race war". However it has refused to consider reparations.[13][14]
There's a pattern of behavior throughout the continent and the western world of genocide and theft at hands of Europeans. So the one thing I do know is if Europeans had never left their shores, inhabitants of other lands would still own what was inherently there's.

Here's a micro example of this. The Tulsa Race Riot of 1921. Black people build up an profitable community. Enough wealth is being generated by professionals, intellectuals and laborers for it to nicknamed 'Black Wall Street", but who comes along and sets the whole things ablaze, slaughtering more than 300 people? Take a guess?

I'd be rich as **** if I hacked into millions of bank accounts and stole others people's wealth. But would that wealth make me a superior person?

Old 10-19-2017, 11:42 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's like when people say "I'm sorry, but..." to preface something they just really want to say. No, you're not "sorry" - you just want the freedom to say whatever you want, and it's likely the next words are offensive.
or like when someone starts with "I support the 2nd amendment but" or "I don't want to take your guns away but".

Old 10-19-2017, 04:35 PM

30,395 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Refute this: Rhodesia prospered.
Zimbabwe starved.
I'm sorry but that cannot be refuted

Old 10-19-2017, 08:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Refute this: Rhodesia prospered.
Zimbabwe starved.
Rhodesia prospered for who? And that’s the problem right there.

That’s why white folks got ran out. Anyone who is starving now, were starving back then. White folks weren’t GIVING the food away.

Furthermore, Europeans didn’t enter the Kingdom of Zimbabwe finding starving people. The Zimbabweans were feeding themselves just fine before white folks ever showed up.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:44 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
ST. LUCIA.

And I've studied in the UK and been to France, Spain, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Germany, btw. I would choose St. Lucia over them.
I would never wish to prevent a person who would take a small nation that is 100% propped up on its ability to attract tourists from living there instead of Switzerland (for instance). The people who would choose St. Lucia belong in St. Lucia.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yes, it is VASTLY different.

First, Chinese come from China. China is one COUNTRY in Asia.

A proper comparison would have been, if Zimbabweans settled America, the U.S. would look like Harare.

The people referred to as "blacks" come from an entire CONTINENT with numerous countries and thousands of ethnicities. There are other nations which are majority African-descended in other areas of the world as well.

What Faber did was use one of the worst nations in Africa to claim how the U.S. would look if "blacks," not Zimbabweans, Barbardians, Namibians or Ghanaians, but "blacks" settled it. Like all people referred to as "blacks" worldwide?

Would he say if "yellows" settled America, it would look like Laos?

Of course, that didn't jump out at you because prevailing European culture lumped all African/African descended groups by color sometime ago and continue it today. They don't do that to other groups. They reserve their nastiness for African peoples.
Eh...there are completely "yellow" founded and run nations that look like the US. Your analogy doesn't really hold...

Old 10-19-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Def ain't real smart since Black people from Africa are the MOST successful group in the US; better than either anglo whites or Asians.
Not that I would care to argue with this special perspective, as I'd rather slap you on the back for it, but the devil's advocate in me won't allow me to sleep if I don't mention...

You do know that Africans in the US work, shop, function in general, and entirely exist within an Anglo created system. Right? Your comment is like telling the Chinese that Africans in China do China better than the Chinese do.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd lay some serious money either Chinese or the Japanese would've been the "white" people in the US if Europeans stayed home.
That's true. And there would be no legacy Africans here if they had. Western China isn't absent subcontinental Indians because Indians would not travel there.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Country Rankings: World & Global Economy Rankings on Economic Freedom

There are some black majority countries that rank higher on this list than some Western Euro countries.
Except that an "economic freedom" list is not very meaningful. Most of what that requires is a lack of regulation. How about trotting out the human development index list? That's a meaningful list.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Seems to be confusing all black people with Taliban Islamic Fundamentalists and all African countries with Zimbabwe, which used to be Rhodesia, named after Cecil Rhodes who exploited the place in the name of Empire, before another white man called Ian Smith took charge and declared independencein 1970. A lot of Zimbabwe's problems were the result of a long history of exploitation by white men and not black men.
And most of vast Africa's problems are not caused by anyone else but the denizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies