Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 02:11 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times

Advertisements

This guy is Swiss and not an American -- thank goodness.
Is Switzerland known for having organized white supremacists groups, or is this guy just a singular racist freak?
Does Switzerland even have much of a black population there?

Old 10-17-2017, 02:12 PM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Shame they didn't ban slavery 300 years earlier.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:13 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Isn't Marc Faber the guy Clinton pardoned?
Nah, that was Marc Rich the billionaire tax evader on the FBI's 10 most wanted list that donated many millions to democratic causes via his ex-wife Denise Rich....who has since given up her US citizenship as part of a ploy to save paying tens of millions in taxes.

Faber in comparison, while a bigot, isn't remotely in Mr. Rich's class of scumbaggery.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:13 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Whenever anyone starts a sentence with, "I am not a racist, but..." it's a sure bet they're a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's like when people say "I'm sorry, but..." to preface something they just really want to say. No, you're not "sorry" - you just want the freedom to say whatever you want, and it's likely the next words are offensive.

Yes. These are two of the most pathetic and transparent lies ever uttered.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:09 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Marc Faber investment letter defends statues, praises 'white majority' - Business Insider

Wrote it in a financial/business newsletter like it was nothing.
What makes a person like this, who probably doesn't even know any blacks to have that much hate at a certain race of people in his heart? Kinda sad in a way.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:23 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Shame they didn't ban slavery 300 years earlier.
I’ve said it before, I would like to go back in time and shoot the guy in the head who suggested they bring African slaves to this continent. Greed is truly the root of all evil.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:41 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’ve said it before, I would like to go back in time and shoot the guy in the head who suggested they bring African slaves to this continent. Greed is truly the root of all evil.
Bartolome de las Casas.

https://amplascasas.weebly.com/african-slave-trade.html

Old 10-17-2017, 05:33 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,942,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This guy is Swiss and not an American -- thank goodness.
Is Switzerland known for having organized white supremacists groups, or is this guy just a singular racist freak?
Does Switzerland even have much of a black population there?
About the only black people in Switzerland are a stray American tourist or two. They do have "guest workers" who come from places like Turkey. Many Swiss look down their noses at those folks. My Swiss mom and my Swiss aunt would get disgusted if they had to share a train car with them. My aunt actually upgraded all our Swiss Rail passes to first class the last time I visited there just so we wouldn't have to sit next to any stray Muslims. Traveling first class was the easiest way to avoid them since most are agricultural workers who don't exactly get paid in gold Swiss Francs. This was a big deal for my aunt who like any other thrifty Swiss only spent her money on second class tickets. (Second class in Switzerland is fancier than any Amtrak traveler's wildest dreams here in the states, BTW).

The Swiss are a very conservative people and not especially egalitarian. Even though Switzerland is officially a neutral country, back in the 30's many Swiss Germans thought Hitler was cool and the Swiss banks and Swiss art dealers had no problem accepting the money and fine paintings that the Nazi's stole from the Jews. The older generation of Swiss have a very strong dislike of people who are "different" like Jews or people with brown skins like those from Turkey or N. Africa. It's a small landlocked country with plenty of high mountains and it's armed to the teeth in case anyone wants to come in and try to take away their neutrality. The Swiss are no saints when it comes to matters like racism.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Switzerland is objectively one of the nicest nations in the world: it has true civilization, advanced industry, world-class safety, world-class scenery and nature, world-class banking, high currency value, a very functional military, high culture... There is very little legitimate criticism that would be able to gain any traction next to Switzerland's function.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:05 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,796,031 times
Championing individuals rather than a tribal leader has lead to better more prosperous more free societies. Black people tend to be more communal minded. If the differences aren't cultural than what makes white and east asian countries better places to live? Is the ground magical? There's nothing wrong with pointing out facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies