Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 07:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They do not want to discuss what she said that would hit too close to home. The sad thing is so many Repubs are so disgusted by the way things are they are simply giving up, but the bright side is many of those empty seats will not go to the Bannon/Trump club members and instead end up in the hands of the Dems, some people are their own worst enemy.
these folks think barely winning seats in special elections in heavy GOP districts proves they are on the right path.

we shall see.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Trump is not a Centrist. Trump is not a Republican. Trump is not a Democrat. Trump is for whatever will feed his ego or his wallet. He stands for whatever will earn him the adoration of his base, with little regard for anyone else.
As far as not being a (D) or (R), that part is not a bad thing. They sure have screwed things up. Not that Trump is going to fix it.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:52 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The Republican Party has the highest amount of power since the 1930s

Trump won states no Republican won on decades

Think you guys are suffering from projection
True, and we see they are incapable of using it properly, Noted.

The election was a Year ago, move forward, after a couple years of the "stuff" we are getting now I doubt that the Repubs will be holding that majority for very long.

I think you are living in denial.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:53 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
True, and we see they are incapable of using it properly, Noted.

The election was a Year ago, move forward, after a couple years of the "stuff" we are getting now I doubt that the Repubs will be holding that majority for very long.

I think you are living in denial.

We have

The left can't

And Hillary can't.

Hillaybis going on every talk show and still talking about how the election was stolen

Like I said projection

Old 10-26-2017, 07:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default The Republican party is imploding

I dunno about "imploding."

But they're definitely having a big internal squabble.

Of course, they all came together yesterday to screw the public and grant a favor to big banks.

Surprise, surprise!

Old 10-26-2017, 07:54 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,550,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As far as not being a (D) or (R), that part is not a bad thing. They sure have screwed things up. Not that Trump is going to fix it.
I agree. I value pragmatism more than I value strict idealism, which is why I'm an independent now.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:54 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Hillary Clinton: The Republican party is ‘imploding’ | New York Post

This is why she lost. She has zero political intuition.

Actually, the Republican party is at levels it hasn't been for generations and we have won the past several national elections, most importantly the 2016 one, in which you were defeated.

Going forward, your party is scandal ridden and cannot win anything, so don't be so confident. My prediction is that the Democrat party, already at its (rightfully) lowest point in decades, will only continue to go lower. You are a filthy criminal and everyone knows that, and those who don't know, will know very soon.

Sorry, hon, but your political intuition isn't very good!
Incredible insight from a disconnected loser. Too bad her imaginary predictive powers weren't able to help with her expected coronation. She never saw that coming.

HRC still proves she is out of step with current issues. As if she lives in a time warp where yesterday has yet to dawn on her world today.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:57 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,214,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On this, I honestly think the moderates should stay in the party and force the RNC and GOP elected officials who also are moderates, to remember their roots and to stand against the lunatics.

Even though everyday we have a sh*t show in the media about what I call "Trump and his minions" IMO the moderate GOP need to be looking towards 2018 and 2020 and getting moderate candidates into the mix and especially making sure to get Trump primaried in 2020.

I'm an independent, but I think it is good that our country has always had 2-3 dominant political parties. It helps us work together and be the unique place that we are in regards to compromise and handling disagreements with class. Today I see the GOP losing its class. Trump is not even a Republican IMO and many of his supporters were not Republicans either until he came into the mix.

He did not get the majority of the GOP primary voters in 2016 just like he didn't get the majority of the US population voters either. IMO the best way to get rid of him and his minions is to run a single, moderate conservative GOP candidate against him in 2020. If that candidate wins, Trump would fall by the wayside and be stuck to his one term.

I'm not one who believes he will be impeached and honestly I don't want him impeached. He is classless and inept but as someone who leans left, I know that his ineptness is what will keep him from getting anything done. His minions believe he is doing all this stuff even though he isn't doing anything of value from a policy perspective, hasn't even passed a budget yet and they think he is making the economy better by extending Obama's budget and economic agenda basically. But IMO the GOP can rid themselves of Trump and his minions and silence them if they band together instead of leaving the party.
I don't think Trump's values, approach to governance or persona are a credit to the Republican party or the country. But they are exactly what a large part of the electorate wants, after they perceive "establishment" politicians on both sides being deceptive, out of touch and in the pocket of special interests. He still has support from virtually all rank and file Republicans, even if some elected officials on the way out of office denigrate his conduct.

Most likely after the 2018 midterms, Republicans will have a larger Senate majority that is more uniformly supportive of the president; a continued House majority, maybe slightly reduced but with fewer moderates and more populist/nationalists; and a sustained dominance in the states. There will be a lot of talk about a primary challenge for Trump in 2020, but it will fizzle out - remember he can practice character assassination techniques like no one else and will stop at nothing to destroy any opposition.

So going back to the original post, Hillary Clinton is way off track. The Republican party isn't imploding, but is transforming into a more stridently conservative, nationalist entity - and one that is likely to be a dominant force in American politics for years to come, even once Trump himself is out of the picture.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:00 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
The Republican tax-cuts-for-the-rich bill will be a good test of how well they are hanging in there.

Regardless of how Rs try to spin in it, the truth will get around.

2018 is looking like it could be one of the most fascinating elections of our time.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I don't think Trump's values, approach to governance or persona are a credit to the Republican party or the country. But they are exactly what a large part of the electorate wants, after they perceive "establishment" politicians on both sides being deceptive, out of touch and in the pocket of special interests. He still has support from virtually all rank and file Republicans, even if some elected officials on the way out of office denigrate his conduct.
This has been noted many times and basically true. Trump was a big middle finger to the establishment of both parties. Sadly, he has shown himself to be just as bad but you can't blame people for trying.

Many on the left tried the same thing with Sanders but it seems the (D)'s had longer to plan on holding on to their corrupt power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies