Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 08:31 AM

37,213 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In other news, the U.S. stock market continues to reach all-time record highs.
Wall Street is betting on the "Rob The Poor to Giveaway To The Rich" Tax Plan that may or may not happen.

If you aren't a billionaire you should be strongly opposed to it. A $4,000 average tax reduction looks pretty good until you realize that one person gets a million bucks and 250 more get nothing. Oh - and it increases the National Debt by a cool trillion-and-a-half.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:33 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
He is a temporary appointee from Trump. I doubt he is going against Trump.
"One of the few remaining Obama administration holdovers, Boente will continue to serve until a replacement is nominated and confirmed."

His resignation was planned for a long time. He submitted his resignation on the same day the charges were filed in his district, which may indicate that his work had wrapped up.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:33 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Since the news of these charges being filed last Friday, Trumpees have been saying it is nothing, while we on the other side see it as something major. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't think this first indictment will be anything or anyone major. We are on the leading edge of this round of indictments, and the person(s) being charged are probably not going to be a bombshell, just someone minor and just a beginning.

All of us are anxious to have this investigation conclude.........Trumpees want it to go away, and we want Trump kicked out for collusion. Neither is going to happen quickly, even the most simple investigations can take months and years,and this one is very complex. We just need to be patient, and with Mueller at the helm, we will get a fair and accurate investigation.

If it ends up as a nothing burger, I will accept their findings, but I am not so sure his cult will accept the findings if it goes the other way.
Manafort and Flynn have been the speculation, but attorneys for both say they have not been notified, which would be SOP in such a case.

Apparently Mueller getting indictments after only five months is unusual(I keep hearing 17 months is average in a case of this scope), so I wonder why he's moving forward now. Trying to stop someone from leaving the country? Looking for cooperation to fry a bigger fish? It's a fascinating process.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Hmmm, kind of like Hillary Clinton.

You're probably watching too much TV.

Trump has been vindicated by recent developments in the phony "dossier" case
and also the very big, and very serious Uranium One case against Hillary and top Obama administration officials, including even Obama himself.

I think the Democrats have reason to be very worried.
Source, please?

Old 10-29-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Who knows really?

I can understand why Huckabee-Sanders would rattle off lies constantly. It's her job.

But why would anyone volunteer to lie constantly?
Maybe they want to run for president.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:42 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Manafort and Flynn have been the speculation, but attorneys for both say they have not been notified, which would be SOP in such a case.

Apparently Mueller getting indictments after only five months is unusual(I keep hearing 17 months is average in a case of this scope), so I wonder why he's moving forward now. Trying to stop someone from leaving the country? Looking for cooperation to fry a bigger fish? It's a fascinating process.

Aren't initial indictments usually against the smaller fish?

Manafort and Flynn would be big fish.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:50 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I will take Muellers experience, reputation and search for truth and FACTS instead of the likes of Sean Hannity and other political hack-jobs and whack-jobs.
Bingo.

Let the actual professionals handle it. Not right wing nutjob "journalists." Some of the weird Trump supporters on here seem to think that them saying something here on City-Data makes it true. LMAO!

Expect more and more Trump supporters to start to unravel and become more aggressive as the arrests start happening and things start collapsing around Trump.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Aren't initial indictments usually against the smaller fish?

Manafort and Flynn would be big fish.
Also true.

Some speculation that it's Flynn Jr. Would love to see PizzaGate boy do the perp walk.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:57 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Also true.

Some speculation that it's Flynn Jr. Would love to see PizzaGate boy do the perp walk.
I doubt we see anyone do the perp walk. They attorneys will negotiate a private turnover via parking garages. We'll likely find out that they are in custody after the announcement is made that they have already turned themselves in. The attorneys will go through great lengths to avoid seeing their client being hauled away in handcuffs or even walking into the building to be arrested.

The press will be everywhere trying to get photos of the perp walk if they can. There likely are some people with cameras camping out in vehicles overnight just to get the first photo of the person walking into a building with their attorneys or even driving in a car tomorrow.

Last edited by sware2cod; 10-29-2017 at 09:31 AM..

Old 10-29-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I doubt we see anyone do the perp walk. They attorneys will negotiate a private turnover via parking garages. We'll like find out that they are in custody after the announcement is made that they have already turned themselves in. The attorneys will go through great lengths to avoid seeing their client being hauled away in handcuffs or even walking into the building to be arrested.

The press will be everywhere trying to get photos of the perp walk if they can. There likely are some people with cameras camping out in vehicles overnight just to get the first photo of the person walking into a building with their attorneys or even driving in a car tomorrow.
That's unfortunate.

Someone on Twitter made a suggestion that anyone in the neighborhoods of any of the trump crew go trick or treating at their houses dressed as cops. Heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies