Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 07:21 PM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You guys still talking about this nonsense,? Good grief, who cares, let whoever wants to put one of these stickers on their car and drive around with them, their Choice. Hope they remember that Choices often have Consequences attached, life is full of Choices, all you have to do is Pick One, then Live with it.
What consequences would those be, Casper, for saying that it's okay to be white? Please, inform us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 08:29 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A guy I knew tried to join a softball team but was told it was for Hispanic’s only in El Paso, excuse me North Juarez.

So he tried to form an Anglos softball team within the league and was sued for discrimination.
It's funny you mention El Paso. My sister lived there for two years (husband is Army), and she went to see one of her kid's teachers because her child was being shunned by the others. The teacher told her flat out, "Of course he doesn't have any friends. He's white." She eventually ended up homeschooling while they were in Hell Paso, but that was also due in part to the fingerprint bruises on the back of her autistic child's arms.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:57 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You guys still talking about this nonsense,? Good grief, who cares, let whoever wants to put one of these stickers on their car and drive around with them, their Choice. Hope they remember that Choices often have Consequences attached, life is full of Choices, all you have to do is Pick One, then Live with it.
This is pretty cryptic. What gives?

Old 11-03-2017, 09:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
The first 7 second of this is dark comedy at its best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYHc...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-03-2017, 10:46 PM

30,169 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
It's funny you mention El Paso. My sister lived there for two years (husband is Army), and she went to see one of her kid's teachers because her child was being shunned by the others. The teacher told her flat out, "Of course he doesn't have any friends. He's white." She eventually ended up homeschooling while they were in Hell Paso, but that was also due in part to the fingerprint bruises on the back of her autistic child's arms.
West El Paso is where the white people live. If you are white you want your kids there in school. Don't put them in a mostly latino school which is everywhere except for the west side. Near the army base is in the ghetto in the NE part of town. A quick ride over Transmountain takes you from the NE to the west side.

I lived there for three years. I am white blonde hair blue eyes. Never had more women chasing after me anytime in my life. I enjoyed my time living there. I made a lot of friends there and latinos there think that white people look down at them and are racist. If you get to know them and they see you are not like that everything is fine. But if you perpetuate their stereotypes it won't go well.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:50 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We get to do a lot of things because of our white privilege. Woohooo!!! WHITE!

Sorry, I just bask in my whiteness sometimes.
Yep. Like get a sunburn.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:59 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
West El Paso is where the white people live. If you are white you want your kids there in school. Don't put them in a mostly latino school which is everywhere except for the west side. Near the army base is in the ghetto in the NE part of town. A quick ride over Transmountain takes you from the NE to the west side.

I lived there for three years. I am white blonde hair blue eyes. Never had more women chasing after me anytime in my life. I enjoyed my time living there. I made a lot of friends there and latinos there think that white people look down at them and are racist. If you get to know them and they see you are not like that everything is fine. But if you perpetuate their stereotypes it won't go well.
I've wondered about something. What do you do if you're Black in El Paso? I've never been there, but something about the desert Southwest still makes me want to go out there (I'm also thinking the Pacific Northwest, but I'm more familiar with the PNW, as I once lived there).

Old 11-03-2017, 11:34 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
"It's OK to be white" is simply a response to the leftist race baiting and identity politics of the last 2 decades. More than anything else, it's a "NO" to accepting of undeserved guilt or blame simply for the color of one's skin. In the eyes of the weak-minded left, "white bashing" is seen as trendy and a way to ingrate themselves to every minority group in the country. White people, or "white privilege" is no more the blame of anyone's success or failure than the phase of the moon. We do have racists invoking that racist phrase to justify and excuse their own failures, and to blame them on others. This is simply a "NO" to that sentiment, and a refusal to accept an undeserved and unearned guilt.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 11-03-2017 at 11:55 PM..

Old 11-04-2017, 06:03 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What consequences would those be, Casper, for saying that it's okay to be white? Please, inform us.
I can't wait to hear the answer to this one. sure hope caspie returns to inform us.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:31 AM

730 posts, read 1,314,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The only people I see promoting white solidarity are red neck white trash types that people don't want for neighbors.

What a horrible thing to say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies