Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 12:21 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What if you don't know your heritage?
Then in upside down world of SJW logic, all that is important is the color of your skin.

Unless you're a white liberal who "feels" like a black person.....then it's ok to pretend you're something your not as long as you're trashing white conservatives along the way.

Other than that, you will be judged and compartmentalized into a group that you have absolutely no control over the parameters that they are using to place you in.

You don't get it.....in their world, it's NOT ok to be white unless you are willing to be self deprecating and take the blame for every injustice committed or perceived by every other white person on the planet now and centuries ago.

Who YOU are and what YOU'VE done is really quite irrelevant to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 12:22 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
I actually like this sticker, it's not hateful in anyway to say "Its ok to be white". Many self loathing liberal whites need one.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
The sign is hilarious to me. I’d just laugh at it. I mean, what’s supposed to be my reaction as a non white person BUT humor?

I’m certainly not gonna take it seriously.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:20 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,339 times
This sticker is race baiting, pure and simple.

Just about everyone with half a brain knows that it's okay to be white (or black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, etc.) You might need such a statement for people learning about white privilege for reassurance purposes, but this sticker implies that there are throngs of social justice warriors shaming people for being white as opposed to shaming certain white people for being jerks.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:22 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The sign is hilarious to me. I’d just laugh at it. I mean, what’s supposed to be my reaction as a non white person BUT humor?

I’m certainly not gonna take it seriously.
this is a perfectly reasonable and logical response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
This sticker is race baiting, pure and simple.

Just about everyone with half a brain knows that it's okay to be white (or black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, etc.) You might need such a statement for people learning about white privilege for reassurance purposes, but this sticker implies that there are throngs of social justice warriors shaming people for being white as opposed to shaming certain white people for being jerks.
this is not.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:32 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I prefer to be white.
I really like my white privelige .

Old 11-02-2017, 05:27 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not true. There are heritage months and celebrations for Irish, Greek, Polish, German etc. Minorities have no issue with them and many enjoy them.
Many of these groups were not considered “white” when they came to the U.S.

it took several generations for them to become “white.”

Good ol’ America...ain’t it wonderful?

Old 11-02-2017, 05:50 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There is a big difference between accepting who you are and going into a pride movement. Pride is what sent the devil to hell. But nobody should have to apologize for the color of their skin. It gets a little tiresome having racist people complaining about the color of our skin. I was born this way and there is not one thing wrong with that.

^^^This sums it up pretty well.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:05 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

triggered student:
Holy ****, my eyes. Barf.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:23 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,301,183 times
Quote:
And if this doesn't make you understand how stupid it is to base your "pride" or any other aspect of your life on the color of your skin, no matter what color you are.... I have no idea what will.
I dont so much care about my skin colour, but I'm I guess the closest word would be proud or I take pride in my Scots-Irish colonial American ancestry and that I am a Southerner. I take some pride in that 20 of my ancestors fought in the American Revolution in the Southern Campaign.

I think if I were black, I'd take pride in that history and heritage.

But I'll never ever feel any measure of negativity or sorrow for being Scots-Irish, white, Southern or having an Appalachian background. And yes, I know its not my accomplishment (I do have my own accomplishments) but its that I know my heritage is essentially Southern Celtic. I have a keen interest in history and its fascinating to read about the background, both the good and bad that has lead to the culture I was born into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies