Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 05:19 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times

Advertisements

#1 Mueller was given these investigation powers to specifically look into collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign. However, Mueller now has the ability to investigate anything - even if it is unrelated to Russia and the campaign. Mueller can investigate business actions of Trump decades ago that have nothing to do with Russia or his campaign.

#2 I have a hard time believing that Trump with all of his business dealings and questionable past actions hasn't broken some laws that could be uncovered by government agents with strong investigatory powers.

#3 Trump has few friends in DC to protect him. Mueller is friends with Comey - Trump attacked Comey. Democrats hate Trump. Many Republicans in DC hate Trump and many do but won't vocalize it yet until the push comes for removal. Trump is the easiest target.

As I have said multiple times: Both Trump and Hillary were corrupt liars, but Trump would be held more accountable than Hillary ever would be - because he has more enemies within his own party and the MSM than Hillary. Trump will be held accountable in a way that most politicians aren't.

I don't see how Trump will finish his term. I may look like a fool and he could finish his term and even a second one if the Democrats run a rigged primary to push a crappy candidate forward.

It probably won't be for anything Russian and we will be looking at President Pence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 05:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
#1 Mueller was given these investigation powers to specifically look into collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign. However, Mueller now has the ability to investigate anything - even if it is unrelated to Russia and the campaign. Mueller can investigate business actions of Trump decades ago that have nothing to do with Russia or his campaign.

#2 I have a hard time believing that Trump with all of his business dealings and questionable past actions hasn't broken some laws that could be uncovered by government agents with strong investigatory powers.

#3 Trump has few friends in DC to protect him. Mueller is friends with Comey - Trump attacked Comey. Democrats hate Trump. Many Republicans in DC hate Trump and many do but won't vocalize it yet until the push comes for removal. Trump is the easiest target.

As I have said multiple times: Both Trump and Hillary were corrupt liars, but Trump would be held more accountable than Hillary ever would be - because he has more enemies within his own party and the MSM than Hillary. Trump will be held accountable in a way that most politicians aren't.

I don't see how Trump will finish his term. I may look like a fool and he could finish his term and even a second one if the Democrats run a rigged primary to push a crappy candidate forward.

It probably won't be for anything Russian and we will be looking at President Pence.
Would you promise to vote for him if he does finish the term?

Old 11-02-2017, 05:30 PM

8,420 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Team Mueller was instructed by Assistant Attorney General Rod Rothstein to not only investigate any links between the Russians and the Trump campaign, but also pursue any matters that arise from that investigation. That's why Mueller had Manafort and Gates arrested on charges unrelated to Russian interference in the election. It's also why the Podesta Group is now under investigation by Team Mueller. Rothstein gave Mueller a sharp knife that cuts both ways.

As for Trump not finishing his term - only if he either dies (he's not a healthy kind of guy), quits (he doesn't appear to like his job as POTUS), or gets kicked out via 25th Amendment (unlikely, as his cabinet would have to initiate the move, and Trump picked his cabinet based upon their personal loyalty to him).

Trump might get impeached, but only if Mueller finds something really, really nasty. On top of which, a Republican House is running scared of the Trump/Bannon political machine (it's why so many old line Repubs are retiring). No Republican majority House will vote to impeach the man.

About the only way Trump gets impeached is if the nation slides into recession, the Republicans lose the House in 2018, AND Mueller finds serious crimes against Trump himself. Even then, it'll take 60 votes in a Republican Senate.

My wild guess - Trump serves out his first term, and goes back to Mar A Lago.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:30 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Would you promise to vote for him if he does finish the term?
I can't promise to vote for anyone when I don't know who is running.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:42 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
I have been saying since day one that this Presidency is going to end in a very strange way, and I have not altered that opinion. This entire Presidency has been so twisted, so upside down, and so fraught with problems from day one, that it only seems reasonable that it will not survive full term.

The Mueller investigation is proving to be the worst nightmare imaginable for Donald Trump. Mueller is thorough, smart, well respected, and determined. He has shaken the trees and a lot of problems for Trump have fallen out already.

I am looking forward to Trump's resignation speech. (Do you think he will say " I am NOT A CROOK !" ? )

Old 11-02-2017, 05:51 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

I agree. It's going to be some other sketchy dealings he did (likely financially in relation to his time in office) that might come back to bite him in the ass, and he may not have enough of an allies-enemies power ratio to get away with it.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:57 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have been saying since day one that this Presidency is going to end in a very strange way, and I have not altered that opinion. this entire Presidency has been so twisted, so upside down, and so fraught with problems from day one, that it only seems reasonable that it will not survive full term.

The Mueller investigation is proving to be the worst nightmare imaginable for Donald Trump. Mueller is thorough, smart, well respected, and determined. He has shaken the trees and a lot of problems for Trump have fallen out already.

I am looking forward to Trump's resignation speech. (Do you think he will say " I am NOT A CROOK !" ? )
Which presidency has gone smoothly?

Every presidency has half of the country up in arms. If it's a Republican, 90% of the press is up in arms and drives much of the discussion.

I would say it's par for the course, but this is as close to third party as we will ever get - and Trump is not one to sit there and be pushed around... so the two main parties (read Swamp) aren't pleased.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:59 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,847 times
Sounds legit.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:24 PM

2,547 posts, read 2,738,429 times
Trump will finish his term plus 4 more years so get over it.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:33 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

He will rip on everyone, regardless of party. It is everyone else's fault ya know ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies