Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:24 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
#1 Mueller was given these investigation powers to specifically look into collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign. However, Mueller now has the ability to investigate anything - even if it is unrelated to Russia and the campaign. Mueller can investigate business actions of Trump decades ago that have nothing to do with Russia or his campaign.

#2 I have a hard time believing that Trump with all of his business dealings and questionable past actions hasn't broken some laws that could be uncovered by government agents with strong investigatory powers.

#3 Trump has few friends in DC to protect him. Mueller is friends with Comey - Trump attacked Comey. Democrats hate Trump. Many Republicans in DC hate Trump and many do but won't vocalize it yet until the push comes for removal. Trump is the easiest target.

As I have said multiple times: Both Trump and Hillary were corrupt liars, but Trump would be held more accountable than Hillary ever would be - because he has more enemies within his own party and the MSM than Hillary. Trump will be held accountable in a way that most politicians aren't.

I don't see how Trump will finish his term. I may look like a fool and he could finish his term and even a second one if the Democrats run a rigged primary to push a crappy candidate forward.

It probably won't be for anything Russian and we will be looking at President Pence.
I don't think Mueller will abuse his powers to simply go off in any direction he feels like. It would be very bad if Mueller started investigating the president on completely unrelated matters, and try to take down a president. He's be going way outside his defined duties and purpose here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't think Mueller will abuse his powers to simply go off in any direction he feels like. ....
LOL.

So far the only charges he has brought forth are about taxes years before the election.

He is on a big fishing trip now.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:42 AM

459 posts, read 376,164 times
Lol, Trump won't win the nomination

Old 11-03-2017, 11:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Lightbulb I think Trump won't finish his term, here is why...

Seems to me if tRump leaves the WH, it'll be because he walks away.

If the heat from Russiagate becomes too intense, he'll just step out of the Oval Office kinda like Nixon did, except he'll have a much bigger, richer empire to fall back on.

It's clear tRump doesn't give a flip about the presidency or the vast majority of Americans. He's obviously NOT enjoying the job and spends most of his time trying to shift the blame for whatever he says or does.

But until he leaves, he will continue to amuse America and the world.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:00 PM

8,420 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So far the only charges he has brought forth are about taxes years before the election.
That's only if one ignores George Padadopoulus's guilty plea of lying to a federal agent about Papadopoulus's crusade to broker the cooperation between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, an effort that was highly visible to at least five high ranking Trump campaign personnel.

Team Mueller isn't on a fishing expedition, but rather a hunting expedition. And they're hunting both Republicans and Democrats.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:11 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Poor libs, still crying in their beer . . .it will be a year next Wednesday, November 8th and they still can't accept the fact that their candidate lost.

And we all know if the liberal-biased media wasn't acting like 5 year old kids who had their toy taken away from them that most of the discontent would have ended a long time ago.

Ah well, guess it gives them something to do.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:16 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Poor libs, still crying in their beer . . .it will be a year next Wednesday, November 8th and they still can't accept the fact that their candidate lost.
Good thing there are no "libs" involved in the Mueller investigation. All conservative Republicans.

I'm pretty sure that most "libs" know that their candidate lost. That candidate actually endorsed Trump, you know. Stein had repeatedly endorsed Trump over Clinton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
And we all know if the liberal-biased media wasn't acting like 5 year old kids who had their toy taken away from them that most of the discontent would have ended a long time ago.
If you truly believe this, you are on the far, far extreme, even for a Trump cultist. You've lost all grip on reality.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:46 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't think Mueller will abuse his powers to simply go off in any direction he feels like. It would be very bad if Mueller started investigating the president on completely unrelated matters, and try to take down a president. He's be going way outside his defined duties and purpose here.
You mean like Ken Starr did with Clinton?

Old 11-03-2017, 01:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Good thing there are no "libs" involved in the Mueller investigation. All conservative Republicans.

I'm pretty sure that most "libs" know that their candidate lost. That candidate actually endorsed Trump, you know. Stein had repeatedly endorsed Trump over Clinton.

If you truly believe this, you are on the far, far extreme, even for a Trump cultist. You've lost all grip on reality.

No. The ones that rioted, needed therapy dogs, and now want to undo an election are the extreme ones

Old 11-03-2017, 02:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
#1 Mueller was given these investigation powers to specifically look into collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign. However, Mueller now has the ability to investigate anything - even if it is unrelated to Russia and the campaign. Mueller can investigate business actions of Trump decades ago that have nothing to do with Russia or his campaign.

#2 I have a hard time believing that Trump with all of his business dealings and questionable past actions hasn't broken some laws that could be uncovered by government agents with strong investigatory powers.

#3 Trump has few friends in DC to protect him. Mueller is friends with Comey - Trump attacked Comey. Democrats hate Trump. Many Republicans in DC hate Trump and many do but won't vocalize it yet until the push comes for removal. Trump is the easiest target.

As I have said multiple times: Both Trump and Hillary were corrupt liars, but Trump would be held more accountable than Hillary ever would be - because he has more enemies within his own party and the MSM than Hillary. Trump will be held accountable in a way that most politicians aren't.

I don't see how Trump will finish his term. I may look like a fool and he could finish his term and even a second one if the Democrats run a rigged primary to push a crappy candidate forward.

It probably won't be for anything Russian and we will be looking at President Pence.
ok, here we go again: You don't think he will finish his term, I would not put money on it ether way, but remember this while you are making your prediction: 1- 2 years ago no one took him serious about running for President: 18 months ago, no one thought he would really get the nomination: 12 months ago no one thought he was going to win; 11 months ago people said he would not finish his 1st year; care to make another prediction? I am through predicting anything when it come to Trump; I am among those who said: no way"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies