Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 11:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So how many should we be allowed to have?
10/15? All I know is 40 is absolutely nuts and buying 20 in 30 days should set off red flags galore.

8,224 posts, read 3,495,699 times
That's correct Bent. Their definition of compromise is the compromising (deterioration weakening of integrity) of the 2nd.
Not a we'll give you this, if you give us that type of compromise...

9,884 posts, read 10,970,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
(sigh) alrighty then. For your later (re) edification. The rest of the post from which you quoted the last line of detailed a guy named Charles Whitman. In 1966 he went on a killing spree, killing his wife and her mother in their homes before gong to the University of TX Austin, killing three more people on the ground floor of the bell tower building and then ascending to the 28th floor ob deck with a 3 shot, bolt action hunting rifle. A Rem 700 ADL in 244 Rem. A high velocity, medium caliber with very good ballistic features. He fired from this nest randomly and with impunity for 96 minutes, killing eleven more people and wounding 30 others before police finally responded and wound up killing him.

He had a gaggle of guns, including an M1 carbine which is defined as an "assault rifle" by anti firearms people. But he did all his main damage with a three shot, integral magazine hunting rifle His last victim died in 2001 from complications from the gunshot wound.

This and the assasination of Pres. Kennedy Kennedy led to a "compromise" legislation on firearms. The 1968 GCA. Which is something I forgot to mention. Now, focus is on semi auto service style rifles, and the banners are saying this is all they want to do. Just do away with civilian ownership of these "death machines."

But if they are "compromised" with, yet again, it will NOT stop with semi autos. Using strictly historical precedent such as the Bell Tower incident, and some nut will go buggy with a hunting rifle and awaken things, and then hunting rifles will become "long range sniper weapons only suitable for military use." Just like with semi autos, they will yowl that nobody "need" such death dealing equipment. They will want bans on these rifles, limits on the power and range of ammunition, "hunting rifles don't need three round sniper capacity. Single shots are all that is needed."

This banning and "regulation" insanity will never stop. If one class of firearms is given up, they will just move on to another one. Feinstein, Boxer, Schumer and company have publically stated this is the strategy they are using. The domino effect. And THAT is the premise you ignored by quoting and responding to that single, last line.

Precedence established, facts in evidence, statement fully supported. (sgh) again....
I find absolutely nothing in that post with which I can disagree!

Old 11-11-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
10/15? All I know is 40 is absolutely nuts and buying 20 in 30 days should set off red flags galore.
How is 40 absolutely nuts?

Old 11-11-2017, 11:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I also agree with NVplumber.

IMHO we should eliminate the ban on short barreled shotguns. The are just a continuation of the ancient blunderbuss and just a effective at short range as any gun ever invented. Anybody that thinks they have no military use was not in 'Nam on a riverboat or in the jungle.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
How is 40 absolutely nuts?
Besides some SHTF situation (one I have NEVER seen nor could see) there is no logical reason you need 40 guns. 10/15, sure. 20, maybe depending on what and how much you hunt. But 40? Can you truly explain how 40 is needed and how it isn't nuts?

Old 11-11-2017, 12:03 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
Quote:
Besides some SHTF situation (one I have NEVER seen nor could see) there is no logical reason you need 40 guns. 10/15, sure. 20, maybe depending on what and how much you hunt. But 40? Can you truly explain how 40 is needed and how it isn't nuts?
Can you explain how IT IS nuts and not logical? Calling it nuts and illogical means nothing except it's your opinion.

By the way, how do you expect one person, or a family, to carry around 40 arms and ammo for them in a SHTF situation.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Besides guns in America, we're long on crazy too...
I agree but a crazy person with a knife isn't gonna kill as many people as a gun or car. The difference between cars and guns is accuracy. A wild car can't kill if people go away from it and get out, with bullets from a gun, everyone runs and you can still easily get pegged from ricochets and strays. I know someone shot at a boy scout event from a stray. Nobody ever found out where it came from.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute... let me get this straight.

Just so we are on the same page.

You have a problem with private property?

On the basis your subjective opinion, what difference is 40 firearms, from 40 knives, 40 golf clubs, 40 hammers 40 cars?

Did I miss something in the bill of rights revolving around the basis of need?

Old 11-11-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Can you explain how IT IS nuts and not logical? Calling it nuts and illogical means nothing except it's your opinion.

By the way, how do you expect one person, or a family, to carry around 40 arms and ammo for them in a SHTF situation.
That is part of the reason it isn't logical. Unless you have a full family (including brothers/sisters, nieces/nephews around,) how would you have the need for 40 arms? What is the reason to own 40 different guns? There isn't enough ways to hunt. The ammo issue, I can't comment on because it depends on the types of guns you own. There is a rifle and a shotgun in my name at my parents' home as there is for my brother and my father owns guns too, he has quite a bit of ammo, but remember a rifle and a shotgun have different ammo needs and the caliber between rifles or shotguns would also call for different ammo. The point I'm making is, you don't need more than 10 per person because there is no need for it. Collections are a different issue altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies