Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 03:53 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
do oyu pee your pants every time you see a scary black rifle? just because someone owns an AR15 doesnt mean they are going to go on a killing spree.
They're racist is all...
#BlackRiflesMatter Shoulder things that go up. Don't ban.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:24 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
do oyu pee your pants every time you see a scary black rifle? just because someone owns an AR15 doesnt mean they are going to go on a killing spree.
I always am amused by is when I show someone not informed on guns one of my scary black rifles, they are usually a bit nervous and standoffish, then when I show them my mini-14, with wood stock, they much prefer it and are comfortable with it. They both shoot the same round, both do it just as fast, accurately, and reliably, the difference is the wood and level of customization. Go figure, ignorance never fails to amaze me.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:35 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I always am amused by is when I show someone not informed on guns one of my scary black rifles, they are usually a bit nervous and standoffish, then when I show them my mini-14, with wood stock, they much prefer it and are comfortable with it. They both shoot the same round, both do it just as fast, accurately, and reliably, the difference is the wood and level of customization. Go figure, ignorance never fails to amaze me.
I have a mini-14 and husband has a mini-30 (black polymer versions), we also have a ceramic coated AR15 but we prefer the minis because they don't discriminate against crappy ammo.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:15 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Yea but can you mount a chainsaw bayonet under the mini14.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Yea but can you mount a chainsaw bayonet under the mini14.
Never heard of Duct Tape?

Old 11-09-2017, 07:40 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Never heard of Duct Tape?
Oh no...

LOL

Old 11-10-2017, 01:11 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
..........I think the AR platform is popular because that's what veterans and LE are comfortable with and trained on.
That could be correct.....sort of.

When my arms dealer sold me my AR-10, I got it with the normal battle stock and the carry handle because that was what I was used to. I got in the carbine because that is easier for me.

My -15 was similar but instead, I went with the collapsible stock because I wanted to try that out. That last feature, for me, is decent in that it can quickly tighten my sling in shooting but to tell the truth, I don't think I shift its setting much at all.

The thing is, flat tops, the rail system, and the post don't do a thing for me.

Now, maybe this is, in observance to the quote, just a change over the decades. I'm a vet of the Cold War where in various assignments, I shot the M-14 (so a follow up to the -10 I was sold on) and the -16 with the carry handle in others. Perhaps the vets of the current era have been trained on a different mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
They also carry the St. Étienne M12SD submachine gun. This would make a lot of Americans wet their pants, to be honest. I mean, look at it. It has two pistol grips which makes it twice as deadly!

Source:http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/w..._o-660x437.jpg
As things go, I consider the forward post on the -15 to be a rather stupid move because it increases the fatigue to the shooter. It's one of the things I would never have on my rifle.

Shoot with the sling wrapped around my left arm? Yes. Shoot the M-14 with the magazine resting in my support hand? Yes. Shoot the 40X with a palm rest? Yes. These are all things where the hand is not gripping and adding tension, using up additional energy.

But something to grasp on a 16 in barrel rifle? It is not a wise design move to me........a short barrel rifle is something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Next time it could be YOU or YOUR family hit by these killing-machine weapons of war. Next one is coming. I minimize my danger by avoiding all gatherings or crowds as much as possible. I'm thinking now that retail stores and such often have a lot of people in them...also restaurants. Maybe I could go in those mostly in the "off" hours, when fewer people are there. I know one WalMart in a wealthy suburban area where the people opposed its arrival...sometimes I've gone in there and there's hardly any customers. Good customer service too! People say, if you stay away, they win...no, they win when they get to mow you down, dozens or hundreds of innocent victims a minute! Now, THAT is when they win! We are a very violent society, and it's definitely getting worse with these assault-style weapons being given to any crazy nut that wants his 15 minutes of fame and to experience a violent video game-like fun time, with real men, women and children to target and mow down!
Well, if it comes down to my time to go, I do think I'd rather be shot than be in someplace that one has firebombed.

As said, we are a violent society and admittedly, people the world over are violent. Such as in India where it seems a popular method is fire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religi...a#Modern_India

What possibly makes one believe the violence will end if the guns are taken away?

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 11-10-2017 at 01:28 AM..

Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Thing about we humans is that all of us, every single one, have thoughts and emotions inside that scare even ourselves. I know do. Most of us have developed the strength to keep those demons on a leash. We keep the dark side of ourselves under control and we recognize that side for what it is. It seems to me however that more and more there is active encouragement from sources that reach to let that dark nature out.

Anti heroes have become role models. Good is being portrayed as weak and ineffective. One must "take care of business" using the darkness. Personally, that thought scares me. But many people revel in the concept and those feelings are being reinforced. Music, movies, television even what passes as "art" portrays the negative side of humanity in a positive light.

I'm not saying that restraints on free expression be implemented. Before someone starts screaming at me about fettering peoples thoughts and ability to express themselves. Restraint on the 1A get the same people who want the 2A abolished all in a wad. However, much of this "free expression" and graphic, uncut imagery is a contributing factor in violent acting out. We have bred and conditioned a generation ( closer to two) that is totally numb to what was considered unsuitable for display when my generation was coming up. And we didn't see these mass shootings and other heinous acts n such profusion. Not even close.

But we weren't encouraged to allow our dark sides out to play. I know my dark side doesn't play nice at all, or t wouldn't if I let it out, which I don't. Makes me wonder....
You certainly have me wondering about your dark side...

Your dark side and what percent of people, really, are bad vs good? I tend to believe that most of "we humans" are better than we tend to believe, because of all the negative that gets our attention and focus. What doesn't get as much of your or my focus on the other hand are all the good people simply trying to live their lives in a productive peaceful manner. The many millions of those people don't really make the news like evil people do.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:32 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
When I say "invoked" I mean as far as the founders. I am quite sure of their intents and meanings. I didn't mean anything you said / posted. As far as not seeing eye to eye on the 2nd I am a pretty stalwart "shall not be infringed" person. I had gotten the feeling (perhaps incorrectly) that you have a somewhat more lenient view on it.
My view is in keeping with the SCOTUS.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:33 AM

50,297 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I have a mini-14 and husband has a mini-30 (black polymer versions), we also have a ceramic coated AR15 but we prefer the minis because they don't discriminate against crappy ammo.
If you look around you can find them in 6.8. That's the sweet spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies