Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 12:04 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,643,845 times

Advertisements

Next time it could be YOU or YOUR family hit by these killing-machine weapons of war. Next one is coming. I minimize my danger by avoiding all gatherings or crowds as much as possible. I'm thinking now that retail stores and such often have a lot of people in them...also restaurants. Maybe I could go in those mostly in the "off" hours, when fewer people are there. I know one WalMart in a wealthy suburban area where the people opposed its arrival...sometimes I've gone in there and there's hardly any customers. Good customer service too! People say, if you stay away, they win...no, they win when they get to mow you down, dozens or hundreds of innocent victims a minute! Now, THAT is when they win! We are a very violent society, and it's definitely getting worse with these assault-style weapons being given to any crazy nut that wants his 15 minutes of fame and to experience a violent video game-like fun time, with real men, women and children to target and mow down!

Old 11-09-2017, 12:07 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Please provide examples and evidence that the founders explicitly wanted INDIVIDUALS to be armed. If that was their intent, they would have carefully worded it as such. All references to being armed were in the context of a disciplined and organized militia. Not random private ownership. This is a passage from the Federalist Papers written by Alexander Hamilton in 1788

Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped; and in order to see that this be not neglected, it will be necessary to assemble them once or twice in the course of a year

Federalist 29

The intent was not for people to just own guns for the sake of it but for militias to be formed and trained. Essentially what they wanted initially was citizen army composed by state probably similar to what countries like Israel and Switzerland have. There is not one example I know of that explicitly calls out for private ownership of arms. It only pertains to the people having access to arms in order to form "disciplined militias".
"Please provide examples and evidence that the founders explicitly wanted INDIVIDUALS to be armed"

The EXACT QUOTES from the founders have been posted over an over.

I just posted some of them AGAIN.

Go read and get educated.

Here, I will even help you

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/gun-...unding-fathers

Hamilton also said:

""If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

"were in the context of a disciplined and organized militia."

""I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

Old 11-09-2017, 12:36 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Please provide examples and evidence that the founders explicitly wanted INDIVIDUALS to be armed"

Hamilton also said:

""If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."

""I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
Hamilton wrote that?

Was it included in that Broadway musical?

Old 11-09-2017, 12:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Next time it could be YOU or YOUR family hit by these killing-machine weapons of war. Next one is coming. I minimize my danger by avoiding all gatherings or crowds as much as possible. I'm thinking now that retail stores and such often have a lot of people in them...also restaurants. Maybe I could go in those mostly in the "off" hours, when fewer people are there. I know one WalMart in a wealthy suburban area where the people opposed its arrival...sometimes I've gone in there and there's hardly any customers. Good customer service too! People say, if you stay away, they win...no, they win when they get to mow you down, dozens or hundreds of innocent victims a minute! Now, THAT is when they win! We are a very violent society, and it's definitely getting worse with these assault-style weapons being given to any crazy nut that wants his 15 minutes of fame and to experience a violent video game-like fun time, with real men, women and children to target and mow down!

Then it is my time to go, and I know I will soon be seeing that ***** on the other side and it will be time to make sure he is in hell.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:03 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
What historical documents? Post them here so we call all read them.
How about the Pennsylvania State Constitution for one?

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”

State Right to Bear Arms in Pennsylvania | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Want more? look them up yourself, I'm not here to be your research mule.

Tell ya what......since you're the one who's asserting that they did NOT mean individual citizens........

How about you posting up some historical accounts of the Federal Government enforcing your take on the meaning of the 2nd amendment by confiscating arms from the general public?

Shouldn't be that hard to do, since according to you it was important enough to make it clear that ONLY the military should have the right to bear arms that they listed it 2nd in the Bill of Rights behind only the right to freedom of speech.

I mean, if they REALLY felt that strong about it, there MUST be some sort of historical record about them actually ENFORCING it.......right?

Old 11-09-2017, 01:24 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,116,302 times
Quote:
Since I can protect myself if necessary. I don't worry about crowds. If you are that afraid, they already won.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:28 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Hamilton also said:

Your source of quotations is trash if I am going to be honest. If you wanna quote from the founding fathers taking your information from pro-gun NRA websites is hardly the most accurate and balanced source. Particularly since they have been caught posting fake quotes all the time. Even the NRA itself has used made up quotes and what isn't made up is often misquotes or wrongly quoted.

The 2nd quote on the linked page was this one.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

Interestingly that phrase was only written as a draft and was never included in the Virginia's Declaration of Rights. What was written was this:

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided, as dangerous to liberty; and in all cases, the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Virginia's Declaration of Rights (1776) Article XIII

There is no indention or specification of having an INDIVIDUALLY armed society. The intention was to allow the people to form a "disciplined and well-regulated" form of self defense.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:45 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
Quote:
Next time it could be YOU or YOUR family hit by these killing-machine weapons of war.
Weapons used in war are different, mainly they are fully automatic machine guns. The AR15 you buy at Walmart is a hunting sporting rifle shoots one bullet for one trigger pull.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:32 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hey all, if you have not seen this yet...you have to look at it....

This is USA today.....they are talking about "possible" accessories and the AR-15.....

The first "Possible" is a chain saw......HAhahahahahahahahahhahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man people sure are gullible.....

WATCH: 'USA Today' Warns People To Beware Of AR-15 Armed With Chainsaws | Daily Wire
\

Oh my. Seriously?! These clowns will literally try anything. I've heard and seen some real whoppers when these politcians, anti gun groups and media types start using their imaginations whenever they hear a firearms technical (or not so techy) term but this is really entertaining. They already have so many gullible people believing that rifles like the AR have some sort of feature that infuses ammunition put into it with plasma energy that can burn through the armor on an M1 tank.

Muzzle breaks are "combat" devices that "make it easier to spray from the hip and never miss", the rfle is designed to use "tumbling" bullets that tear bodies to shreds, "exploding" bullets are available at every gun store that can blow bowling ball sized hole through people, and bayonet lugs.... Well they can accept all manner of "combat assault" devices, and now we see a horrific example of such a device.

Once, just once I would so like to see someone expose this willful fantasy stuff and cram it down these idiots throats on live TV. But they always seem to get away with spreading this nonsense around. Sheesh, it gets deeper every second.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why? Want to kill people do you?
do oyu pee your pants every time you see a scary black rifle? just because someone owns an AR15 doesnt mean they are going to go on a killing spree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.