Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 12:50 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,121,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My dog ate mine.
Actually a few survived the boating accident but I pawned them all for beer money back in my 20's......

Old 11-15-2017, 12:58 PM

19,737 posts, read 10,175,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My dog ate mine.
He farted bullets for days.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:43 PM

18,743 posts, read 7,647,976 times
Still not a single liberal has tried to point out what's wrong with the points made in the OP - the statement that they know the "just a little more reasonable regulation" doesn't work. And that their continued demands for them anyway, are really a scheme to eventually achieve a complete ban on all the people's guns. They change the subject, post irrelevances and insults, but never address the actual issue of the thread.

They have universally chickened out on discussing the subject of the thread.

It looks like nobody on this board can refute it. Or even wants to try.

A few trolls occasionally pop up and asking for "just a little more reasonable regulation" anyway, trying to get people to pay attention to them. And possibly hoping enough time has gone by that people would have forgotten they had their noses rubbed in it already.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM

11,160 posts, read 10,740,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
American subjects are even worse off, what with the constant threat of gun violence.

Nah, not a complete ban. You can still possess some guns in those countries, like antique shotguns and what not.

It doesn't need to be ruthless, just treat it like anything else that's illegal. Like cocaine, for example. Guns are far more harmful than cocaine.
Yeah, the US has done a fantastic job of getting cocaine off the streets.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:39 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,612,696 times
Quote:

I'm working on electing politicians who will be coming for your guns, if that part needs to be made any clearer.
So, how do you go about doing that?

Old 11-15-2017, 06:42 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,612,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I'm not asking to take my proposal to the Supreme Court. I was asking if expanded gun ownership advocates would exchange an elimination of restrictions on certain weapons for an insurance requirement and a bullet registry.

Quote:
Exactly what it sounds like
So, how would a "bullet registry " work, and what would an "insurance requirement", be?

Old 11-15-2017, 06:55 PM

45,563 posts, read 60,834,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
So, how would a "bullet registry " work, and what would an "insurance requirement", be?
I asked the above earlier and was told it's what it sounds like. I didn't see an answer for insurance. Probably one where the owner is responsible for damages if one of his guns is stolen. That's the usual default.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:19 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,386,890 times
Quote:
American subjects are even worse off, what with the constant threat of gun violence.

Nah, not a complete ban. You can still possess some guns in those countries, like antique shotguns and what not.

It doesn't need to be ruthless, just treat it like anything else that's illegal. Like cocaine, for example. Guns are far more harmful than cocaine.
Still determined to prove your total ignorance on the subject. Americans don't have anything like a "constant threat of gun violence". If you aren't going to kill yourself and aren't a felon you have no higher chance of being shot in the US than in any other 'first world' country.

Guns are far more harmful than cocaine

And you expect anyone to take your opinion seriously? Good luck.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:28 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,386,890 times
Quote:
I'm not asking to take my proposal to the Supreme Court. I was asking if expanded gun ownership advocates would exchange an elimination of restrictions on certain weapons for an insurance requirement and a bullet registry.
No. Next dumb question. Any kind of 'bullet registry' would never work. There are billions of rounds fired in the US every year, billions more sold and not fired. Government can't even keep track of convicted felons properly they'd never be able to track what would quickly be hundreds of billions of bullets. On top of that it's trivial to cast your own bullets and load your own cartridges that could never be tracked or added to any kind of government registry.

In spite of what you believe "gun violence" has been dropping for decades in 99.9% of the US. There should be no new laws while the government doesn't enforce existing laws.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:33 PM

19,737 posts, read 10,175,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No. Next dumb question. Any kind of 'bullet registry' would never work. There are billions of rounds fired in the US every year, billions more sold and not fired. Government can't even keep track of convicted felons properly they'd never be able to track what would quickly be hundreds of billions of bullets. On top of that it's trivial to cast your own bullets and load your own cartridges that could never be tracked or added to any kind of government registry.

In spite of what you believe "gun violence" has been dropping for decades in 99.9% of the US. There should be no new laws while the government doesn't enforce existing laws.
https://www.snopes.com/dontray-mills/

Dontray Mills was turned loose by a judge appointed by Pres. Bush. Obama had nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies