Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:41 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You must not realize we have billions of people with practically no footprint that are coming online and will be producing quite a bit.

A minor technology tweak isn't going to defuse that time bomb.

So switching from petrodiesel to biodiesel wouldn't have any effect?

And a big change can have a small impact on the individual level. Lead contamination of soil dropped by a massive amount, and the consumers didn't even notice that it was anything different in their gas tanks.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So switching from petrodiesel to biodiesel wouldn't have any effect?

And a big change can have a small impact on the individual level. Lead contamination of soil dropped by a massive amount, and the consumers didn't even notice that it was anything different in their gas tanks.
Are you going to build a billion cars and two billion mopeds out of recycled toilet paper?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:42 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I am posting a tablet that is running on a battery that I drove my hybrid to pick up that I use at my office that I walk back and forth to every day.
All those batteries will be poisoning our environment for decades after you dispose of them.

BTW, fossil fuels have helped improve the standard of living for billions of people all over the earth.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:44 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Ok, so go ahead and swallow a few cyanide pills. No scientist can predict that cyanide will poison you anymore than they can predict that CO2 absorbs infrared heat.
If you think swallowing cyanide pills is science, I think you are missing a few brain cells.

But go ahead and call it what you want.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:45 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't even have to read it. We don't have a spare earth in the trunk. We best take real good care of this one for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g
Unfortunately, none of these Big Problems are going to be solved until the Baby Boomers die off. The Boomer agenda is to live as long as possible at the expense of the younger generation(s). They don’t care about long term problems; they know they’ll be dead by then.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I am posting a tablet that is running on a battery that I drove my hybrid to pick up that I use at my office that I walk back and forth to every day.

The only prostitutes are those that will sell their children's future for a few pieces of silver today. Give some your posts recently I will concede you may have more experience in the area of prostituting yourself than I do.
A regular gas burner car is more environmentally friendly to build than a hybrid.

You are wrecking the planet.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,448,018 times
Fake news guys, we all know scientists worldwide were reprogrammed by liberalism in universities and are part of a billion-dollar conspiracy to make rich white men look bad so a few small energy companies can make money. Every other significant group of people on earth acknowledges that humans are ruining the climate on Earth but they're all wrong except for us.

-LITERALLY the Republican perspective on climate change

Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You think a guy with a pocket knife carved that tablet out of a tree that died of old age?

The etching process for just the processor uses all sort of horrid chemicals and requires petroleum products to make. Then there is the display, case, memory, etc etc.
The point is taking incremental steps to confront the coming environmental tsunami. It doesn't mean going from cars to horses, it means taking steps to reduce fossil fuel dependence, weaning off plastics, halting over fishing and taking better care of our natural resources.

My parents sacrificed for me and I will sacrifice for my children if it means a better life for them.
I don't why that is such a radical proposition these days.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If you think swallowing cyanide pills is science, I think you are missing a few brain cells.

But go ahead and call it what you want.
You completely missed my point. But that’s not surprising.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:51 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,448,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
All those batteries will be poisoning our environment for decades after you dispose of them.
If you dispose of them properly, they won't. You're completely wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies