Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 11:39 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There's gonna be dark days ahead. Human labor is slowly becoming obsolete
If at that point UBI isn't instituted, there will be a lot of violence and a lot of deaths, as the now unemployed won't just sit back and starve to death......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 12:02 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
So why are the Appalachian coal miners still stuck on "disability"? Don't see a renaissance happening in Huntington, WV on the horizon. They got false hope, because the majority of those coal exports are coming out of Wyoming
Well, probably because if someone's on disability they, by definition, are unable to work.

Figured as smart as you are you'd know that.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Well, probably because if someone's on disability they, by definition, are unable to work.

Figured as smart as you are you'd know that.
A lot of those disability claims from coal Country are faked with doctors working with these people to help them cheat the system, so they don't have to "settle" for McDonald's or WalMart jobs

Old 11-23-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
A lot of those disability claims from coal Country are faked with doctors working with these people to help them cheat the system, so they don't have to "settle" for McDonald's or WalMart jobs
Is that provable, since I know many laborers from that area including truck drivers, who are physically unable to do much. As someone who does more than push buttons on a keyboard you should know that, as well as people in that position.

Or is this just more of your reflexive hatred and condescension you evidence to anyone you presume voted for Trump?

Old 11-23-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Is that provable, since I know many laborers from that area including truck drivers, who are physically unable to do much. As someone who does more than push buttons on a keyboard you should know that, as well as people in that position.

Or is this just more of your reflexive hatred and condescension you evidence to anyone you presume voted for Trump?
I'm saying what I've heard.

And why shouldn't I dislike people who voted for The Cheeto? It's because of them that we all have to suffer under him as (dictator) pResident

Old 11-23-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I'm saying what I've heard.

And why shouldn't I dislike people who voted for The Cheeto? It's because of them that we all have to suffer under him as (dictator) pResident
So you trade in rumors? Not a surprise.

Dictator? C'mon.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
I used to work with that WV population. There are WAY too many on disability due to depression/anxiety/ back problems/neck problems and some just cannot function. Inability to read or write. It's a way of life in some segments of the population and passed down from family to family.

Very sad. Because people don't generally live well on disability.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:55 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It's okay. We hear the same from you anytime there's a thread about California.
Quote:
Like you do everytime a business moved out of CA?

link, so we know you aren't lying?

Old 11-23-2017, 01:57 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The ideal world these dimwits here fantasize is living in 500 sq. ft apartments, bicycling to work, cooking on solar stoves, and raising chickens in the backyard. Keep on dreaming. Nobody is going back to the caves. Renewables could disappear tomorrow and nobody would notice. Take fossils out tomorrow and civilization comes to a standstill.
Not liberal, but I own a house in the suburbs and still enjoy collecting farm fresh butt nuggets Those and our fruits/veggies taste nice, fresher, teaches the kids where food comes from. Plus we have skills, etc. if a zombie apocalypse happens.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:12 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Getting tired of winning yet? Summary, renewable energy and cheap natural gas caused the pending closure, "coal is inefficient" as was said. It's a 3 minute audio clip

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/23/56621...s-keep-closing
Texas is one of the leaders in wind-farm generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies