Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 04:21 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Obama to meet with World Leaders on upcoming trip

To apologize to them for his failure to turn over the prosperity of the United States to them, before someone who didn't want to do that got into office?
He could do that in an email or by phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 04:22 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Foreign leaders have great nostalgia for an American President who could speak English fluently, had an IQ over 85, and wasn't a puppet of the Russians, now called the good old days.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Logan Act, for one.
"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects."
So, what is the purpose of his trip?
What is the purpose of anyone's trips?

I doubt that any of the people that Obama is meeting are dumb enough to think that he is still president, and is representing the US in some official capacity.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:27 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
I don't think Rodman was there to discuss U.S. policy, and it is questionable if he accomplished anything at all. He may have met illegally too, however. It's my understanding that a private citizen must have permission of the U.S. Government for such meeting.
No, it isn't.

Private citizens meet with foreign leaders all the time - for example, Donald Trump and various trade officials around the world.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
So by that logic, Hillary was light years behind 0bama.

Crappy candidates reap crappy results for your party.......deal with it..

CN
So, that means Trump is crappy, since Clinton was a crappy candidate, and Trump was the result of her crappiness.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:31 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Does eating at a Chinese restaurant give you this valuable incite to Chinese thought ?

Just because someone has something forced into them doesn't mean they are accomplished at forcing it into others. The teacher and the student, post and the post hole, are not the same. When you give President Trump a warn welcome make sure the cameras are rolling. Proof will be required.
Trying to sling garbage like that is a key sign you have no rebuttal.

Course, nobody has yet to provide any proof that this thread has any merit and isnt some snowflake crying about Obama being free to do whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
My IQ seems to drop a few points listening to him it's honestly painful to be sure.
I actually miss GW after seeing trump.

I was reading over something trump was saying to the coast guard the other day. I don't know what to make of it. It's like he's in his own world. Just incoherent babbling. I couldn't finish. Kind of like a dog in a field full of squirrels while compulsively trying to lick is own nuts.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:36 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Go back to Chicago and community organize...they sorely need it.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:38 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I'm sure you're right... it's merely a coincidence Barry's being paid to go to India a week before their elections.
Can you imagine the outcry if it was Putin coming over here a week before the elections.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Trump has restored the respect that was lost during the eight long years of the Obama disaster. He has been shown amazing hospitality, and welcomed in ways Obama never was, especially in Saudi Arabia and more recently, China, where Obama had to exit the plane from the rear, a major snub.

Of course you who only watch CNN and MSNBC are not being shown these receptions, or the contrast between them and Obama's visits.
Yeah, Kim sure respected him today when he launched that ballistic missile today.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:43 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Obama went to Europe this year, and met with leaders in Italy and Germany plus some others I don't recall, after Trump made his trip to Europe. Now, Obama is going to Asia after Trump's Asian trip a few days ago.
He probably planted video and recordings ahead of time, and went there to retrieve them so he can give it to the media to twist and turn every little thing as much as they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies