Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 10:05 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,708,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
So you're cool with him being a U.S. senator in the meantime? His alleged sexual assault notwithstanding, he's certainly guilty of defying federal law, which should automatically disqualify him from serving in the federal government. The fact that he's likely to win is just one of MANY reasons why people look down on rural America.
I don't live in Alabama. The citizens there get to make that choice. That's their right. And if I lived there I'd vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 10:45 PM

34,087 posts, read 17,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I don't live in Alabama. The citizens there get to make that choice. That's their right.

I am cool with the fact they decide. That's the American way.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:47 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,506,931 times
Quote:
The rural part of the country usually contains very extreme and stupid groups whose ideology would destroy the country, US is not alone in that. Just look at communism, it was solidified at the rural areas.
And this type of attitude will make rural dwellers like myself never ever vote democrat.

Blows my mind how you people can be so arrogant.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:13 PM

3,654 posts, read 3,791,401 times
I've been reading this thread.

That gal is what we, in the west, call a "dink." I'll add that she needs to get out more.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:06 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,802,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Republicans are going to be shocked and angry when Democrats do exactly what Republicans are doing when they are in control. And every single time Republicans scream, Democrats can smile and say "It sure seemed fine when Trump and the GOP were in charge." I almost wish they would do things even we would disagree with just to rub it in the GOP's face.
I'm sure Joy is a person you look up to. That alone is very sad.

Honey (sue me), you are so disconnected that I can't even wrap my head around your perverted logic. Anyone that can get behind Pelosi and Schumer needs therapy. I wish you well, but sadly there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
And this type of attitude will make rural dwellers like myself never ever vote democrat.

Blows my mind how you people can be so arrogant.
They are so busy doing the same thing over and over (the definition of insanity) they are blinded to the reality of all of us middle Americans. The delusion of the liberal bubble.

I didn't vote for Trump (Libertarian and I voted for Johnson), but I'll vote for Trump in 2020 just to watch their brains shoot out of their heads!

Old 12-10-2017, 04:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
Well, the Constitution can be amended.
Of course it can be amended. But there is a process for that, and that does not make it a "living document" as defined by the Leftists.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:17 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks that rural Americans are “the core threat to our democracy” and pointed to a series of tweets by liberal author Jared Yates Sexton that claimed Trump supporters “do not believe in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're advantageous” as proof of her far-left theory.

She tweeted: "This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have disproportionate power over the urban majority."

Anti-Trump MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are 'core threat' to democracy | Fox News

"Rural Americans" = white people who do not adhere to the progressive ideology.
Hey Joy - you ignorant fool - we are not a democracy.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:32 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks that rural Americans are “the core threat to our democracy” and pointed to a series of tweets by liberal author Jared Yates Sexton that claimed Trump supporters “do not believe in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're advantageous” as proof of her far-left theory.

She tweeted: "This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have disproportionate power over the urban majority."

Anti-Trump MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are 'core threat' to democracy | Fox News

"Rural Americans" = white people who do not adhere to the progressive ideology.
Jews like Joy Reid and Jared Yates Sexton are a threat to our democracy.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:37 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I love it when the big city liberals start in with this. Do they really not realize that rural and urban MUST coexist? From farmers to truckers to oil and gas lines and water supply, people like Joy would be in huge trouble without the rural. Same thing goes in the opposite direction. WTF is the matter with people? (Don't answer. Completely rhetorical. Too many people are stupid - whether rural or urban.)
It would be interesting to see what happened if we had "a month without rural Americans" the way we had "a day without Mexicans" a few years back in Southern California. No food deliveries, no energy, no water...

Old 12-10-2017, 06:39 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,773,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I don't live in Alabama. The citizens there get to make that choice. That's their right. And if I lived there I'd vote for him.
I agree on the Alabama gets to make its own choice part. I didn't like Moore before he won the primary and like him even less now, but I don't live there and so it is not my choice. I similarly cannot understand how the people in CA voted for a wacko like Brown for Governor but again, that was their choice, not mine. In both cases their actions can have national implications, but we are a nation of 50 States and not all are going to be of like mind.

Joy Reid is a petty and hateful person but at least we can change the channel. It speaks volumes that her employer allows her to speak on their behalf given her anti-gay, anti-rural, and anti-Republican rhetoric. That speaks volumes about the values of MSNBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies