Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump try and pardon Flynn?
Yes 60 31.58%
Maybe 49 25.79%
No 81 42.63%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 11:55 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Because Trump wasn't officially the president UNTIL January 21st, 2017. Obama was still the official president of the United States in December 2016.
That does not answer my question, how could those phone calls be "colluding with a foreign government interfering with an election" when the election was over? I thought that was what this whole investigation was for. The interference in our election by Russia and if Trump was colluding with them in that process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 11:57 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
If that's all they have...it's LoL because Trump already fired him for Lyin'

Old 12-01-2017, 11:57 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
That does not answer my question, how could those phone calls be "colluding with a foreign government interfering with an election" when the election was over? I thought that was what this whole investigation was for. The interference in our election by Russia and if Trump was colluding with them in that process.
We don't know yet what the phone calls were about. They could have been discussing other illegal things, or they could have been follow-up to activities they coordinated before the election.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Also, based on the Bloomberg article,

So he is going to testify that Trump instructed him to make contact with Russia DURING THE CAMPAIGN so this silly "December 2016" deflection won't work.
Its not a "deflection" it was an honest question. A valid one at that. If all he could do is snitch about phone conversation AFTER the election than it would not be helpful, I would imagine.
However, if he has information that Trump himself instructed him to contact Russia during the campaign in an effort to interfere with our election, than that is a different story all together.
I will wait for those facts before commenting.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:59 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
I'm with you. How does an event after the election influence the election?

Where is it illegal for a private citizen to talk to Russians, British, French or ? Isn't Obama meeting with country leaders on a tour soon?

Where is the collusion to influence the election?

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Why do you say that?

Do you have any reference for us?
The far-right never has any real sources or facts to back up their nutty claims. They still think Hillary - who is a crook, but so's Trump - is some horrible, treasonous monster who planned Benghazi or some crap based on no facts whatsoever. Oh, and Obama is a Muslim atheist who was born in some far-away land. Facts never matter with them. It's just Animal Farm level reasoning: "Republicans good, Democrats bad."

What else can be said of a party that's planning on rousing support for that sexual predator Moore by having him make appearances at as many churches as possible?! Because church-goers I guess support his antics? Nah - it's just more partisan nonsense, and they'll buy it.

As for Flynn, pawns are sacrificed to protect the (Orange) King. Trump's guilty as hell of countless things; I wouldn't put it past him to conspire with the Russians since he's evil enough to try and arrogant enough to think he can get away with it. Too bad his voters are gullible enough to support him, facts be danged.

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Question, so Flynn was "directed" by a senior Trump TRANSITION (which means he had already won) member to contact foreign governments regarding a UN vote... Where is the collusion with the Russians to interfere with the election come in to play? Isnt that what the "charges" are?
Err, the “charges” are lying to the FBI...

Old 12-01-2017, 12:01 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
That isn't what it said. He's to investigate Trump working with the Russians. Not to a specific end, but in general. I posted the link to the letter one page earlier.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
We don't know yet what the phone calls were about. They could have been discussing other illegal things, or they could have been follow-up to activities they coordinated before the election.
Sure they could have been talking about follow up on illegal coordination.. or they could have been talking about golf and grandkids.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:02 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm with you. How does an event after the election influence the election?

Where is it illegal for a private citizen to talk to Russians, British, French or ? Isn't Obama meeting with country leaders on a tour soon?

Where is the collusion to influence the election?
It's not about the election. It's about a presidential candidate secretly colluding with a foreign power period.

I'll keep posting this until you actually read it and comprehend what is going on.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-Russia.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies