Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 02:13 PM

30,318 posts, read 23,800,844 times

Advertisements

Did Al Franken get a day in court against these allegations? Was his guilt proven in a court of law? Photos? That photo in the helicopter, he wasn't even actually touching her. Regardless, every person still gets their day, and I don't think he's had his against all allegations.

I don't give a cow's udder about Al Franken, but I DO care that people are being tossed left and right over ACCUSATIONS without any proof whatsoever that they are actually guilty. I do not stand up for pedos, assaulters, etc, but I do stand up for justice for all, even if they are on the left.

Here's the problem I see with this: Right now it's a LOT of Dems, lefties, liberals who are being taken down, left and right, with no day in court to prove their innocence or to find their guilt. They haven't had their day. They just get fired, told to resign, trashed in media, etc.

If you all take a step back and THINK for just a minute or 2...put your bias aside, just THINK. Really think.

There's definitely an agenda here, I guarantee it. Don't be so quick to judge people based on an accusation...that goes for both left and right. That isn't what this country is about, and it's going to backfire, big, if you all continue to let the media frenzy guide you around like cattle.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:20 PM

375 posts, read 333,189 times
We can only speculate why he resigned. There are only two credible explanations: pressure from his own party or fear of what the ethics committee investigation would find and what it would mean for his family.

I must say - this "new revolution" where mere accusations are enough to end people's career is chilling. Everyone should be screaming bloody murder - Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. So I didn't want to see him resign, if he's innocent he should have fought. Some of the accusations were just ridiculous anyway - Franken grabbed some woman's hip during a photo-op she wanted? Please. Of course, it allows the media to pad the numbers of women of accusing him of sexual impropriety.

It's chilling, and this is a dark chapter in American history, along with the Salem witch hunts and McCarthy accusations.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringSnow View Post
We can only speculate why he resigned. There are only two credible explanations: pressure from his own party or fear of what the ethics committee investigation would find and what it would mean for his family.

I must say - this "new revolution" where mere accusations are enough to end people's career is chilling. Everyone should be screaming bloody murder - Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. So I didn't want to see him resign, if he's innocent he should have fought. Some of the accusations were just ridiculous anyway - Franken grabbed some woman's hip during a photo-op she wanted? Please. Of course, it allows the media to pad the numbers of women of accusing him of sexual impropriety.

It's chilling, and this is a dark chapter in American history, along with the Salem witch hunts and McCarthy accusations.
Exactly.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:27 PM

20,180 posts, read 9,078,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Did Al Franken get a day in court against these allegations? Was his guilt proven in a court of law? Photos? That photo in the helicopter, he wasn't even actually touching her. Regardless, every person still gets their day, and I don't think he's had his against all allegations.

I don't give a cow's udder about Al Franken, but I DO care that people are being tossed left and right over ACCUSATIONS without any proof whatsoever that they are actually guilty. I do not stand up for pedos, assaulters, etc, but I do stand up for justice for all, even if they are on the left.

Here's the problem I see with this: Right now it's a LOT of Dems, lefties, liberals who are being taken down, left and right, with no day in court to prove their innocence or to find their guilt. They haven't had their day. They just get fired, told to resign, trashed in media, etc.

If you all take a step back and THINK for just a minute or 2...put your bias aside, just THINK. Really think.

There's definitely an agenda here, I guarantee it. Don't be so quick to judge people based on an accusation...that goes for both left and right. That isn't what this country is about, and it's going to backfire, big, if you all continue to let the media frenzy guide you around like cattle.
Al Franken didn't have to resign, he quit. Nobody made him.

Lack of character check

Lack of backbone check

besides, he hasn't even quit, he can't even do that right.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:34 PM

436 posts, read 303,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Franken = weak, Trump = strong

Even if Trump is a scummy piece of ****, he always stands up in the face of colossal pressure and never backs down
Taxes please....

Old 12-08-2017, 02:35 PM

12,404 posts, read 8,189,526 times
Quote:

The reason these Democrats are going down is so the survivors among the party can claim to be the Moral Majority of New Salem for the next election cycle. Assuming we are still hunting witches whose crime was showing a desire for extra marital sex in what is retroactively seen as a politically incorrect manner

Old 12-08-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Al Franken didn't have to resign, he quit. Nobody made him.

Lack of character check

Lack of backbone check

besides, he hasn't even quit, he can't even do that right.
The bolded....

Now. Put the bias aside. THINK. Think real hard.

There's an agenda, I guarantee it.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:02 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,612,495 times
Quote:
The bolded....

Now. Put the bias aside. THINK. Think real hard.

There's an agenda, I guarantee it.

The republicans have an agenda that's for sure. Has it been posted that this Tweedon chick is buddies with Trump Jr.?

Old 12-08-2017, 03:08 PM

12,968 posts, read 13,702,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Franken = weak, Trump = strong

Even if Trump is a scummy piece of ****, he always stands up in the face of colossal pressure and never backs down
Like when he said that wasn't his voice that he once said was him doing locker room talk or when he said someone else used his account to tweet from and said it was him. He sounds like a lying school boy in the principal office making it up as he goes.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:16 PM

1,400 posts, read 866,237 times
Franken supporters won't turn out for the Democrats in future elections... not after their hero got forced out by his own party. Looks like MN could turn red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.