Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 10:26 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times

Advertisements

Fiction award winner.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:27 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I'm amused by having to run to Whole Foods for a specialty potato chip.
The irony of the OP calling Whole Foods pretentious, then talking about a "specialty" potato chip, was epic.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:28 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
I wear those weird scratch n' sniff stickers that were popular in the 80s. They hardly have any scent left but that doesn't stop me from demanding that people sniff me while I'm shopping for specialty potato chips at Whole Foods. No one gives me any guff while standing in line because they all want to be my friends so they can sniff my stickers.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:30 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The OP made up a lie, and everyone is torching him/her for it.

This is awesome.
I hope everyone is taking advantage of this golden opportunity to spread some reputation around... especially to people you don't rep very often.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:34 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
I was at the Newport Center Dr Newport Beach, CA whole food store couple of years ago with my boyfriend, a homeless lady outside told us people shop here usually gave her very good money.

We gave her 10 dollars. I think she can at least make $40 / hour.

I don't usually HAVE TO shop at whole food store, I just don't mind it. I have a friend who has to eat everything healthy or organic, he still looks older than his age. He is a bleeding heart liberal and hates the Trump supporters. He and I are no longer friends because I voted Trump. Some people just take politics a little too personally and seriously. Most people are okay and moderate. He is the only "friend" I have lost after voting for Donald Trump. Other liberal friends just told me, "I told you so" sometimes, that is about it.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-09-2017 at 10:49 AM..

Old 12-09-2017, 10:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
Hyperbole much? Seems a tad out of character for you.

No such thing as the ENTIRE left, right or in between.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:40 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:

I hope I run into this but I doubt I will. Accuse me of whatever you wish, Ill just make fun of you-if that hurts your feelings; buckle up snowflake because it wont end there

Old 12-09-2017, 10:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really? Plenty of male dogs will hump anything to show their dominance.
Pillows and stuffed animals are especially vulnerable.

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:

You are brave. You know what to expect from people here.

I know exactly what you meant though, if you can remove the first sentence of your last paragraph, then you made a valid point. SOME people are just too sensitive and they like to lecture others based on their so called moral standard. Both left and right do that.

Who is still wearing Obama sticker? lol That is weird. Next time, take a video and post on youtube, this person will become an instant youtube star !!

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I hope everyone is taking advantage of this golden opportunity to spread some reputation around... especially to people you don't rep very often.
Excellent idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies