Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 07:01 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
For the record, here's a full list of Trump transition team members, many of whom are sitting members of Congress (bolded):

Steve Bannon,
Rep. Lou Barletta
Rep. Marsha Blackburn (moved to vice-chair)
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Rep. Chris Collins
Rep. Tom Marino

Rebekah Mercer
Steven Mnuchin
Rep. Devin Nunes
Reince Priebus
Anthony Scaramucci
Peter Thiel
Donald Trump Jr.
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Rep. Sean Duffy
Rep. Trey Gowdy

Rep. Dennis Ross
Pastor Darrell C. Scott
Kiron Skinner

Wikipedia - transition team

No surprise that Republicans are eager to scuttle this investigation. Some of these Congressmen were likely questioned on emails they had no idea that Mueller possessed, and they panicked.
So many names on this list I would love to see taken down.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:07 AM

20,132 posts, read 9,036,439 times
these need to be given the same attention and treatment as Clinton emails otherwise this investigation needs to be closed down.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:11 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
For the record, here's a full list of Trump transition team members, many of whom are sitting members of Congress (bolded):

Steve Bannon,
Rep. Lou Barletta
Rep. Marsha Blackburn (moved to vice-chair)
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Rep. Chris Collins
Rep. Tom Marino

Rebekah Mercer
Steven Mnuchin
Rep. Devin Nunes
Reince Priebus
Anthony Scaramucci
Peter Thiel
Donald Trump Jr.
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
Rep. Sean Duffy
Rep. Trey Gowdy

Rep. Dennis Ross
Pastor Darrell C. Scott
Kiron Skinner

Wikipedia - transition team

No surprise that Republicans are eager to scuttle this investigation. Some of these Congressmen were likely questioned on emails they had no idea that Mueller possessed, and they panicked.
I can see why Nunes has lost his mind. No telling how deep he is in the dung.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:16 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
BS, do you have any idea how many of us voted for him as a last resort? Most, I know who voted for Trump would have rather had another choice but Hillary was not the one. Besides this thread is about a poll not who we would like to see in the White House.

There is always another choice don't vote for a write in. Many here voted for Trump simply because it wasn't Hillary, look around.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:19 AM

30,183 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Except the investigation is regarding Russia trying to steer our election, if those in the Trump campaign could have just answered honestly without lying we wouldn't need a special prosecutor. The FBI investigation could have proceeded in a normal fashion but Trump had to go and fire the FBI director and make public statements and inject himself into the investigation. This investigation was never about collusion between Trump and the Russians when it began.

Nunes has made the house investigation a circus particularly with his latest request for the Fusion GPS owner to testify, it doesn't matter as Mueller's investigation will go forward.
Trump is his own worst enemy. One step forward five steps back.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:40 AM

30,183 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
BS.....In just 7 months Mueller has already gotten 2 convicted and 2 more indicted!
I guess it would be a success if the purpose of the investigation was to see if the Feds could get someone within the Trump Campaign to lie to them. Two convictions for lying to them. That makes them idiots but not Russian "colluders." Or if the purpose was to see if anyone in the Trump Campaign had any skeletons of illegal business activity in their distant past then yes mission accomplished.

But I thought it was a Russia investigation because of how horrible it is that the Russians tampered with the election and how we had to get the details so it will never happen again. That was what I heard over and over from the left on this. Not entrapping idiots in perjury or dirty businessmen in the past investigation?

But you believe this is a huge success, good. Imagine if this goes on for another 7 months. Maybe before its done they will snare one or two more for lying to them and find more skeletons in someone's ones past.

I don't like Trump but if this is all they come up with its a huge waste of time and not good for the country. Unless you are someone who hates Trump and wants some sort of payback for him winning the election.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
I believe it HAS been confirmed this morning that Trump and his campaign should've been aware that their emails wouldn't be privileged.

So the claims by Fox News saying that Muellers team improperly obtsomed the emails is fake news

. Expect a retraction from Fox News in the next 48 hours

https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/s...10882704986112

Old 12-17-2017, 08:25 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
ILLEGALLY obtained.

No surprise that DNC shills would omit that salient fact from the thread title.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:37 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,075,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
BS.....In just 7 months Mueller has already gotten 2 convicted and 2 more indicted!
lol..lying and tax fraud with neither connected to Trump.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump's ratings are in the 30 percent range. No one likes him. Honestly, just another watergate. He fired Comey because he was getting too close and now Mueller may be fired because of the same reason.

I must be no one....

I like him and so do the people in the majority of States.

He fired Comey because the documents in the Hillary investigative illusion, proved he was corrupted.
Comey broke the federal law on many occasions.
Conspiring and colluding to Obstruct Justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies