Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 11:06 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times

Advertisements

We should open up an Investigation on Schumer by the Ethics Committee, just so that we can be sure he isn't involved in any funny business.

If he didn't do anything then he doesn't have anything to worry about right?

That's how the left says that these things should be held right?

Why isn't Gillibrand calling for him to step down yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 11:10 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It is interesting to see how this whole #MeToo movement plays out. The movement certainly has claimed more leftists/Dems than it has conservatives/Republicans (I'm actually not surprised by that), but in terms of resignations, suspensions, and allegations in general. I have been and remain opposed to ruining someone based on mere allegations (especially allegations that cannot feasible be proved) and believe that this movement is going to come back to haunt its major defenders in the ass (as its already doing).
I agree with this. But in the case of Trump, I am trying to figure out how ANYONE can still support this guy. Let's see:

He bragged to Billy Bush on tape about making unwanted advances on married women AFTER they told him no.
He bragged to Howard Stern about going in on undressed pageant contestants 'because he was the owner'.
and worst of all, he bragged about how he would date his own underage daughter.

The last one was not a crime that I know of, but is perhaps the most damning of all in terms of character.

Allegations are just that, but admissions should be dealt with. I wonder if Trump could be put in the west wing of Sing Sing?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:15 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Schumer has some very deep, dark secrets and it may be more than sex. I bet Trump knows. He knows everyone's secrets which is why they fear him. Stay tuned.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:17 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
And Cernovich tweeted about taking a big Dem senator down.

How great would it be to see pizza gate boy arrested?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:19 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I agree with this. But in the case of Trump, I am trying to figure out how ANYONE can still support this guy. Let's see:

He bragged to Billy Bush on tape about making unwanted advances on married women AFTER they told him no.
That is false:

I keep having to copy and paste a point that I've made numerous times in the forum on this point:

Quote:
No, if you put it in context, you cannot exclude the "they let" part, which shows consent and motive/gives different meaning to the larger statement. They cannot be separated. Nice try. Ultimately, you may choose to give a meaning that is distinct and separate from the actual verbiage of Trump's statement, but that's all you and other leftists have. You cannot point to the actual language to support. Prior to stating "they let you do it," he states "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait." You behave as if he is describing sexual assault (the "they let you" comment put aside for a second) when this is common practice among consenting adults. If out for a date or in a room where sexual tensions are running high, who in the world, man or woman, doesn't move in for the kiss if the mood/vibe is there? You choose to assign non-consensual activity to language that is not automatically that, which is a shame. Unlike how certain loony leftists want the world of consent to function where every sexual action has to be verbally consented to (never mind that non verbal cues play a huge role in consent) that's not how things work or should work. You claim that Trump's statements show that he doesn't wait for signals, when in reality they don't touch on that subject one way or the other (we do, of course, have the "they let you" consenting comment). But instead of questioning whether he did wait for signals, you automatically make the comments out to be nonconsensual, which shows your partisan stripes.

Quote:
He bragged to Howard Stern about going in on undressed pageant contestants 'because he was the owner'.

The last one was not a crime that I know of, but is perhaps the most damning of all in terms of character.

Allegations are just that, but admissions should be dealt with. I wonder if Trump could be put in the west wing of Sing Sing?
Like it or not, that's not criminal either.

Look, no one who supports President Trump claims that he hasn't been crass or that we support everything he says/how he goes about everything. But that is a far cry from claiming that he's admitted to engaging in unlawful sexual activity, which he HAS NOT. But we knew we weren't voting for a preacher to lead a church. No, we were voting for someone we believed would help to get our country back on the right track.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:20 AM

Let me guess: The staffer filed the charges, emboldened by the #MeToo movement. Chuck U found out and paid her and the cops off. Let's see if she falls off a high balcony or commits suicide soon.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:21 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:

So, no female reporters in the locker rooms?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:26 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
No, the ball is not in Chuck Schumer's court. There is no accuser when the person who supposedly filed the complain denies it.

Just a poorly executed right wing attempt at a smear job.
Actually, you don't know that for sure, do you?

Schumer's office released details of this yesterday after the media started calling his office with questions. Someone on the Capitol Hill police force leaking? You have to wonder if Schumer would've released the details if the media hadn't come calling.

Howz about that, both NY senators in the news yesterday for the wrong reasons.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Schumer's alleged accuser was a staffer. Trump wasn't in politics and the events you listed have been debunked on this very forum. Look for them.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:29 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It is interesting to see how this whole #MeToo movement plays out. The movement certainly has claimed more leftists/Dems than it has conservatives/Republicans (I'm actually not surprised by that), but in terms of resignations, suspensions, and allegations in general. I have been and remain opposed to ruining someone based on mere allegations (especially allegations that cannot feasible be proved) and believe that this movement is going to come back to haunt its major defenders in the ass (as its already doing).
They are targeting Dems as a ruse. That way they can claim legitimacy in there ratcheted up attack on Trump. It's all a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies