Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 07:45 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times

Advertisements

Yesterday's election in Alabama is further confirmation that Trump is losing ground. Trump threw his weight behind Roy Moore in a state where he won the popular vote over HC by 27 points. The response? The people of Alabama, thankfully, could not stomach the likes of Roy Moore, and narrowly elected a democrat to the United States Senate.

Other signs of the decline of the Trump dynasty have already occurred. The off year election in Virginia should have been enough of a wake up call. The democrat candidate for governor was elected with a nine point margin over his opponent. Hillary Clinton only beat Trump by five points in 2016.

The other wake up call should be the low opinion poll numbers. Today, Realclearpolitics average of twelve polls has Trump with an average of approval rating of only 37%. This is shockingly low for a President who has only served eleven months in office. I'm sure some will react to this by saying something like "the liberal media polls are always wrong when it comes to Trump". That excuse has gotten old. So, Trump barely won the election back in 2016. What has he done to demonstrate his popularity lately?

Now, add in, a miserable legislative record in Congress.

We are not at the beginning of the end of his presidency. However, it is fair to say we are at the end of the beginning.

The Trump presidency isn't going to end well.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:51 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Thanks for your opinion,Bye

Old 12-13-2017, 07:52 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
BS!
Moore was a crap candidate.
Trump said he would lose.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:54 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
BS!
Sooooo... explain why trump threw his support so heavily behind moore then? He coulda just kept out of it, and not damaged his credibility by doing so, right? Then, he wouldn't have to pretend that he was "right".

Old 12-13-2017, 07:56 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
BS!
Yeah, a day too late.

*gigglesnort*

Old 12-13-2017, 07:58 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,104 times
Actually, I think it was due to the enthusiastic support of President Trump in Alabama that the Democrat needed a record turnout of the black vote and disinterested Republican suburbanites to eke out a victory by less than a percentage point over a credibly accused pedophile.

The Democrats still have a lot of rebuilding to do in order to repair decades of atrophy. I haven't noticed any enthusiasm for the party in my community.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:59 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
BS!
I didn't get one of those robocalls he recorded a day or two before the election but I'm pretty sure he didn't say "oh, never mind, screw it, he's going to lose anyway"

Old 12-13-2017, 08:04 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Actually, I think it was due to the enthusiastic support of President Trump in Alabama that the Democrat needed a record turnout of the black vote and disinterested Republican suburbanites to beat an accused pedophile by less than a percentage point.

The Democrats still have a lot of rebuilding to do in order to repair decades of atrophy. I haven't noticed any enthusiasm for the party in my community.
yeah you keep telling yourself that a Democratic Senate win in a state that Trump won last year by almost 30 points, and where the Alabama GOP pretended that they didn't believe any of the accusations against Moore was just fine for the GOP, no problem at all. And btw, Jones won by 1.5% not less than a percentage point assuming you care about facts.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:07 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Sooooo... explain why trump threw his support so heavily behind moore then? He coulda just kept out of it, and not damaged his credibility by doing so, right? Then, he wouldn't have to pretend that he was "right".
Trump was behind Luther Strange in the primary, not Moore. He said Moore couldn't win if he won the primary. Trump stayed silent when the accusation against Moore came out (there was only one accusation that was criminal) to see what would happen. When it became clear there was no evidence of wrong doing, then he backed Moore, the GOP candidate in order to maintain a 52-48 majority in the senate.

Let me get this straight, you thought Trump was credible before this, but now you find him less credible? I can tell you this, no one who leans right cares.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:09 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Actually, I think it was due to the enthusiastic support of President Trump in Alabama that the Democrat needed a record turnout of the black vote and disinterested Republican suburbanites to eke out a victory by less than a percentage point over a credibly accused pedophile.

I guess your community speaks for the entire nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies