Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 09:44 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times

Advertisements

Apparently you're still outraged.

Get over it.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:48 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh I'm piling.

HE RESIGNED LAST WEEK.
How many times do you guys need to be corrected on that??? I mean, I know Dems are SLOWWWWWW. But I can only type it so slowly and it doesn't seem to help.

Sen. Al Franken says he'll resign from Senate 'in the coming weeks' amid sexual harassment allegations - ABC News

He announced he will "resign in the coming weeks". That is not a binding statement-AND he still is senator.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:48 AM

18,744 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Now that Moore was taken down-will the outrage over Franken quietly go away?

That's the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He's already resigned and a replacement appointed. What more do you want?
Silly liberals. Always believing what they wish was true, or what they think they can fool people into believing, never what is actually true. No wonder nobody pays attention to them any more.

When Will Al Franken Actually Resign? | The Daily Caller

Old 12-14-2017, 09:50 AM

45,413 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
oh I'm piling.

HE RESIGNED LAST WEEK.
No he didn't. If he had he wouldn't be in session right now. He announced his intention to resign.

A resignation would be accomplished by a letter to the Governor of Minnesota. Has that letter been sent and accepted? If yes, why is Franken still seated in the Senate chamber and voting? If no, the appointment of his successor is on hold.

It's like being pregnant, you either are or aren't. There's no such thing as a little bit.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
You might want to expand your source list.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-in-u-s-senate

Old 12-14-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
You might want to expand your source list.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-in-u-s-senate
OK, I already knew she'd been selected to replace Franken for, quoting your story, his upcoming resignation. Upcoming, meaning hasn't happened yet.

By doing this before there's actually an open seat may be a way to force Franken to actually resign. There was enough wiggle room in his announcement to allow him to backtrack on it.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
... lets correct the record....

what franken did was not even in the same ballpark as the sick child molester allegations that have not been substantiated... that derailed the GOP nominee....

the voters are spoken and republicans did what republicans have done most of the time when one of their own runs for office... they rejected him.

im good with that. but YOU aren't being honest when you flat say the guy was a child molester. We don't know. There is zero evidence beyond the accusations of a woman 40 years after the fact. One thing we do know, is another young but of age woman accused the man of sexual assault. She provided some evidence. Then when asked to produce the evidence for independent verification, she refused.

Further, you are utterly lying when you suggest the "GOP tried to put Moore in office". The GOP did everything it could to insure his defeat once the allegations were made.

I don't mind a vigorous debate but shouldn't we have some kind construct that requires we discuss based on actually reality? do you care about reality?
You need to get back in touch with reality. The GOP gave Roy Moore their full backing and support INCLUDING a presidential rally; presidential robocalls directing voters to vote for Moore; financial support from the RNC . . . .

Do you think people are stupid? Now that Moore lost - NOW the Republicans are bravely speaking out.

FURTHER - the ONLY reason that Moore lost was because the black community came out and voted and young people voted against him as well. White Republicans 44 and up - voted to PUT ROY MOORE IN OFFICE.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
OK, I already knew she'd been selected to replace Franken for, quoting your story, his upcoming resignation. Upcoming, meaning hasn't happened yet.
Well - so sorry it's not happening fast enough for you. Tell me, when will Blake Farenthold resign??

I haven't heard one Republican speak against this idiot.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
He hasn't submitted a date but he has submitted his resignation.

I know -- small detail but he would not have spoken out in favor of his replacement if he wasn't committed to the resignation.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well - so sorry it's not happening fast enough for you. Tell me, when will Blake Farenthold resign??

I haven't heard one Republican speak against this idiot.
All I've done is respond to those who have li....errrr mistakenly claimed Franken has resigned when he actually has not yet done so.

I don't give a rat's ass whether Franken resigns or not. In fact I personally don't think he should have to.

As far as Farenthold, OK, he needs to resign. If the metric is that any official there who's had a settlement paid has to resign I have the funny feeling that you might run into the law of unintended consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies