Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 01:23 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I surmise you simply refuse to understand that if NYC residence want to pay the tax then they should.... why should others outside of that city have an interest.
Blow up the federal government then if that's your argument. Let's go back to the Articles of Confederation, otherwise if any city in America is violating laws, tough luck - you better get your house in order.

For what it's worth, I think we should abolish the federal government and let every state vouch for themselves, but barring a civil war or some unbelievably drastic measures, I don't see that on the horizon.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:26 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Blow up the federal government then if that's your argument. Let's go back to the Articles of Confederation, otherwise if any city in America is violating laws, tough luck - you better get your house in order.

For what it's worth, I think we should abolish the federal government and let every state vouch for themselves, but barring a civil war or some unbelievably drastic measures, I don't see that on the horizon.

Now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

No where did I make any justification for a city breaking the laws... reading comprehension... please. I am simply pointing out that the hoopla about the seemingly high low income wages and subsidization of NYC doesn't hold water in this thread. But yeh... I still agree that illegals should NOT be allowed to work.

Last edited by usayit; 12-29-2017 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: missed a negative.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:30 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,032 times
We are now 24 pages in a troll thread.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

No where did I make any justification for a city breaking the laws... reading comprehension... please. I am simply pointing out that the hoopla about the seemingly high low income wages and subsidization of NYC doesn't hold water in this thread. But yeh... I still agree that illegals should NOT be allowed to work.
Im not arguing with you at all really, just pointing out I don't don't believe your points to be valid.

Anyways, have a happy new year.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:33 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Then your concerns are irrelevant to this thread. The OP is implying that their federal tax dollars are funding the 25-35 an hour in NYC (which I haven't seen any proof of). Simply put the only people who would be complaining are those that actually pay NYC CITY tax.... most of those people understand and accept it. If not, they simply move out of NYC and into NJ or NY state.

The topic of this thread is a locale NYC concern not a federal one. I personally wouldn't live in NYC because I don't see the cost/benefit of the lifestyle. However, millions of people actually do and if they can afford it, more power to them.

The topic is about illegal aliens and it's a federal issue so yes it applies to NYC and every other city/state in the country.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The topic is about illegal aliens and it's a federal issue so yes it applies to NYC and every other city/state in the country.
Sure... but the idea that they are making a higher wage isn't contributing to the idea that its a bigger issue in NYC than anywhere else. That is the premise of this thread. In other words, ignore the claimed 25-35 dollar per hour wage as mentioned in the OP, then this thread is no different than the dozens of other threads about illegal immigration.

Its specifically targeting NYC for reasons that don't hold water.

There are other states with higher illegal immigration problems PLUS higher burden on federal tax to be concerned about.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Im not arguing with you at all really, just pointing out I don't don't believe your points to be valid..
You simply don't understand my points. When one starts their response with "blow up the federal government", its clear you don't.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
You simply don't understand my points. When one starts their response with "blow up the federal government", its clear you don't.
Every illegal in America today - no matter where they are, NYC or Des Moines - is a net drain.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:02 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Why didn't you arrest the ones that make $35 an hour? Or you never found any?

And why do you think a jobless American won't take a $20/hr job in a bakery or in a factory?
Chicago suburbs aren't making as much as NYC...NO CLUE

Old 12-29-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Chicago suburbs aren't making as much as NYC...NO CLUE
So if illegals (or legal) won't fill these jobs, what do you think would happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies