Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 09:04 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

Highly doubtful. It will increasingly be used to manage the pain of cancer patients, though.

Where is the OP's scientific methodology and research to back up these bizarre medical assertions?

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/tre...nd-cancer.html

What is the relationship between marijuana and cancer? | Drug Policy Alliance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 09:13 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Bladder cancer is the leading cause of smoking?

There's no clear answer to this.

Which is to say : Nothing clear has been proven. A few complicated correlations, like cannabis and tobacco together, have been proven to be problems. However there's a lot that is unknown, because Congress makes it difficult to study the effects of cannabis.

I personally find baseless scientific claims to be offensive, because you're basically lying to us and expecting us to believe it. However I realize that some people are OK just making facts up as they go along.
https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/...r/risk-factors

We didn't know this until we learned more about Bladder Cancer.

Also certain areas seems to have water that causes Bladder Cancer and that was shocking to hear.

But never having lived in these areas, we can eliminate that as a cause.

Grand parents owned a cigar manufacturer so combined of dealing with Family who smoked a pack a day, each of them. For at leest sixty years and for the person having This Form of cacer to have lives for approx Twente years in a home with smokers day and night might be seen as the number one cause.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:19 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
There will be more cases of scromiting as stoners will be in denial that their “safe” plant turned on them.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:31 AM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Recreational Marijuana will it increase Lung Cancer and Bladder Cancer?
Yes.
Smoking anything at all is harmful and therefore stupid. Anyone who is waiting for a study in order to tell them this is a pure fool.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:33 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yes.
Smoking anything at all is harmful and therefore stupid. Anyone who is waiting for a study in order to tell them this is a pure fool.
And that would be stoners.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:34 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
With a family member dealing with bladder Cancer which is the leading cause of smoking as well for Lung Cancer, smoking being cause #1, will not Marijuana increases the amount of people suffering from Cancer in the near and far future?

When you walk through the hall ways of Moffitt and other Cancer centers you can't get away from the horrific images of people of all ages, all backgrounds and ho are trying to overcome Cancer!

In my families case the number one cause seems to be that the entire family was smoking inside the house since the birth. Back in the days it wasn't so well known how second hand smoke could cause serious issues.

Now we know.

Smoking electronic sigarettes will soon be proven to cause harm as nicotine seems to be part of this form of usuagw.

Marijuana is often smoked and is there a difference between regular sigarettes and smoking a blunt?

Please advise your family members and let them walk through a Cancer Center and see what smoking can do to Your body.

What will happen to th cost of health insurance?
You have any data to back up your statements or we just reaching for the sky today?

Old 01-01-2018, 09:38 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Pot causes people to munch junk food, which causes cancer.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:38 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You have any data to back up your statements or we just reaching for the sky today?
Does OP ever?..

Old 01-01-2018, 09:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Cigarettes and other tobacco products are mass produced, and have many other chemicals added to them, its THESE that actually do the damage to a person, not the tobacco itself.
The tobacco itself causes cancer. It causes your lungs to be coated with tar and other toxins which cause cancer.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:03 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm more worried about the immediate effects that I might feel, namely a accident and not the long term effects that a chronic smoker might have.

My concern is that some idiot that just toked up in the parking lot at the state run marijuana shop will drive home and run me over as I ride my bike.
It has already happened in my state of Mass. where a guy got his medical pot, smoked it in the parking lot which is "not allowed" and drove into a state trooper that had made a traffic stop killing him.

We have enough problems with distracted drivers and adding pot to the list of impairments is going to do nothing but increase the carnage.

At least on the bright side if I do get run over by a pot head and I survive I can smoke dope to ease my pain without fear of being arrested.
Given the choice, I'd much rather take my chances with a stoned driver than a black-out drunk driver. The stoned driver's greatest infraction is likely to be driving too slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies