Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 05:26 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

I wonder how much longer CA will be a sanctuary state, when illegal are driving, high, without a license and no insurance and innocent people are dying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 05:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
The amount a casual user myself smokes is maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a cigarette per session. In any case life is full of risks... Here's to freedom.
hey stock , try one of those one hitters. the little metal tubes that look like a cigarette they sell them on amazon etc... (one hitter dugout)

(we can disagree and agree, hell maybe if everyone on this board had a few js together we would all chill the duck out and find consensus .

Old 01-02-2018, 05:57 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wonder how much longer CA will be a sanctuary state, when illegal are driving, high, without a license and no insurance and innocent people are dying!
WA is doing fine a couple of years in.... in fact our economy is booming and we have staffing shortages...

seems to me your doom and gloom is well, just doom and gloom, or maybe bit jelly..

Old 01-03-2018, 10:42 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Did you hear that at church?

While I can agree there are long-term mental consequences of heavy marijuana smoking, the high is not the result of "killing brain cells."

People find happiness in different ways. For you it may be Christianity but for others it might not be. What's wrong with letting people find their own happiness as long as it isn't hurting anybody else?
Nope, didn't hear that in church. It's called common sense and being accountable for one's actions, the mature and ethical way.

As for people finding happiness in different ways. Yeah, did you hear about those batch of kids throwing rocks off overpasses? That was how they were finding their happiness. Basically just in this discussion like people smoking drugs. To them they find happiness, at other's expense. When the dope smoking dope is a burnout and can't even hold his or her own water, who's going to foot the living expense bills? Tax payers that's who. Or how about when the dope smoking dope crashes their vehicle and injures/kills other's who's going to pay?

I heard death cap mushrooms pack quite a buzz if dried and smoked in bulk. Plus those are 100% natural. Go eat some.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:50 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Ridiculous.

Both of your posts in this thread on this topic shows your complete ignorance of the not only the cannabis plant, but also its effect on humans. You should either educate yourself or quit posting about it.

I have been using it for over 45 years. I would love for you to find my "physical and/or mental disorders".

I am also 61, and have never filed a medical insurance claim in my life.
You've proven my point exactly. People who have been dope smoking for 20 - 30 some odd years, in your case 45, are really angry when other's tell them they do not think smoking dope is a good idea. Just look at ya. Pizzed to no end. 45 years of dope smoking. I remember laughing at old burn outs. They were funny. They called themselves Cheech & Chong. Dumb as all hell but to a pre-teen, that was Goddam funny as all hell. As an mature adult, it's not funny seeing people destroy themselves.

Last edited by FC76-81; 01-03-2018 at 11:04 AM..

Old 01-03-2018, 10:51 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Nope, didn't hear that in church. It's called common sense and being accountable for one's actions, the mature and ethical way.

As for people finding happiness in different ways. Yeah, did you hear about those batch of kids throwing rocks off overpasses? That was how they were finding their happiness. Basically just in this discussion like people smoking drugs. To them they find happiness, at other's expense. When the dope smoking dope is a burnout and can't even hold his or her own water, who's going to foot the living expense bills? Tax payers that's who. Or how about when the dope smoking dope crashes their vehicle and injures/kills other's who's going to pay?

I heard death cap mushrooms pack quite a buzz if dried and smoked in bulk. Plus those are 100% natural. Go eat some.
Quote:
You've proven my point exactly. People who have been dope smoking for 20 - 30 some odd years, in your case 45, are really angry when other's tell them they do not think smoking dope is a good idea. Just look at ya. Pizzed to no end. 45 years of dope smoking. I remember laughing at old burn outs. They were funny. They called themselves Cheech & Chong. Dumb as all hell but to a pre-teen, that was Goddam funny as all hell.

What a load.

I guess you just don't want to believe there are millions of us long-term users that are doing just fine, do you?

Not that it matters. You admittedly are simply using "common sense". So, science doesn't matter to you either. Got it.

Well, the fact is that there are receptors in the brain that THC molecules bind to. That is the extent of the sensation. No brain cells are being killed in the process. That is just wishful thinking on your part.

After 47 years of cannabis usage I am ANYTHING BUT a "burnout". I will stack my life's accomplishments up against yours anytime.

Try being open minded.

I could fill you in on my health, my career, my accomplishments, etc., but let's just say during this period I have been quite the entrepreneur, paid my taxes, smiled, opened the door for people, and have never filed a medical insurance claim in my life.

For the last 20 years I have studied more about the plant itself and how it became illegal. So I'm pretty up to speed on that part too.

Currently I build a complex piece of test equipment for a niche market in the electronics industry. I designed the hardware which I build from scratch, and wrote the software. I have been doing that for about 15 years. Before that, I founded and ran a computer networking company in Oklahoma City which is still in business

I am tired of your stereotypes. It's that weariness that you sense in me, not anger.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:54 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
The most unhappy people I've ever talked with are those who say they've smoked weed for 20 - 30 years. Nothing seems to make these people happy except weed. Nothing is exciting to them until they smoke their weed. Nothing motivates them until they've smoked their weed. Nothing benefits them unless weed is involved. Problematic trend.

And your sample size is?

Old 01-03-2018, 10:55 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
I've never used marijuana and I live in a state where it's legal. I voted for it simply because I thought prison sentences for it were stupid considering how many people die as a result of alcohol and smoking. To say marijuana is damaging to health while ignoring alcohol, smoking and obesity is completely laughable. Republicans ran on making school lunches more unhealthy. They ran on bringing soda and candy machines into the schools. Republicans were the party of big tobacco. Now they are going to say marijuana is unhealthy?

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Effects of weed smoking is it gets the user "high". The "high" is the direct short term result of killing brain cells. Long term effects are physical and/or mental disorders. So why is it so difficult for people to find ways to be happy without getting "high"?

Source?

Link?

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Is there anyone who did not smoke, sip, snort, swallow, or shoot the mind altering chemical of choice this past week?

Thus, it is difficult to imagine that that changing the laws will up the rate of bladder, lung, pancreatic, ... cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies