Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 11:33 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I thought it was probably a waste of time to dig up the cases you asked for, and I was right. I won't repeat that mistake. People like you are too lazy, or lack the skills to research anything on their own, and instead they ask for others to spoon-feed information to them, and when you do, they say "so you got nothing"
Busted!

LOL

So you kept citing a case that doesn't exist.

Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
The same conservatives that lose their minds over this....are the same ones that lost their minds over a teacher saying Santa wasn't real.
What happened to defending that teacher's freedom of speech?

Or what about when conservatives don't want liberal celebrities to use their stage to spout their political garbage (although conservative celebrities do the same thing)?

Oh, the list is long, the times when conservatives try to shut down opposing views, dehumanize them, demonize them, call for their firings, etc.

For crying out loud, you can't even say "happy holidays" without the right jamming some made up nonsense about war on christmas down your throats.

All I'm seeing here is pot calling kettle black.
Conservatives "losing their minds" is not the same thing as the German government making free speech a criminal offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
You don't know how free speech works.
You have the freedom to say what you want AND not be arrested by government for it. You DON'T have the freedom to say what you want, wherever you want to without being kicked out. The government did NOT step in and prevent anyone from speaking on campus.
We know that.

This thread is about a government criminalizing free speech, not private organizations setting their own rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Caucasian USA = 72.4%

Caucasian Canada = 72.9%

Remarkably close, isn't it. So, your point is?
Just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I beg to differ.
California just jailed another guy for "Hate Speech" in the last week.

Here is an older one, where they didn't like his drawing or his use of the n word

Man arrested for speech at LA City Council meeting | abc7.com
Hmm.

They can arrest you, but I have never heard of a case in which the Supreme Court has agreed that hate speech by itself is a criminal offense.

My prediction is that the "hate speech" charge will go nowhere. The other charge mentioned in your link is "criminal threat," which also doesn't appear to be valid.

Drawing a cartoon of someone hanging from a tree and handing it to a black city council member is an indication of scorn, contempt, and dislike. Well, all city council members I've encountered deserve all three of those things, but I digress.

At some point in the process -- DA looking at the case, judge looking at the case, appellate court looking at the case -- the charge would be dropped, the man acquitted, or the conviction reversed.

A criminal threat has to be more direct: "I'll kill you, (name)." And I'm not sure that charges for "criminal threats" can withstand Supreme Court scrutiny. They shouldn't be considered valid in my opinion.

After all, the person delivering the threat is actually doing you a favor. He's letting you know you better watch out for him.

Last edited by dechatelet; 01-03-2018 at 11:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 12:52 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Looks like Germany has a new Fuhrer. We seriously need to end the EUSSR (European Union). I know the Left plans the same thing here, but there are loads like me that can and WILL use the Second Amendment to deter our government from such a thing. You libs have no idea how pissed off we are here.
So pissed off you helped elect a dotard Trump.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:01 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Unfortunately for Frau Fuhrer (Merkel), there are plenty of us over here willing to tell what's going on over there. And we'll gladly help people get around those "hate speech" laws. This is war!
No respect for another country's laws, is that what you are saying?

Try bringing a handgun into Canada and see what happens to you. Or worse, Mexico. You would quickly understand that each country has laws they enforce, and your 2A talk would get you nowhere.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
No respect for another country's laws, is that what you are saying?

Try bringing a handgun into Canada and see what happens to you. Or worse, Mexico. You would quickly understand that each country has laws they enforce, and your 2A talk would get you nowhere.
Wars generally don't involve people obeying laws.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:03 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to who? You keep parroting this, but you have yet shown any proof to back up the claim that someone wants to ban all disagreeing arguments.
Confederate Statue removal, which is essentially banning the existence of our history. Defining anything, and everything as racist, sexist, or homophobic to end debate. Wanting to ban the right to keep and bear arms. The list is endless. It is as if Stalin came back to life.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:43 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Hardly a surprise that liberals are opposed to free speech and willing to declare anything they disagree with 'hate speech'.

CNN and MSNBC would have a hard time there if they enforce the law without bias.
Does Germany have Free Speech laws? You can be jailed there for a couple of years for wearing or displaying a swastika.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:46 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Confederate Statue removal, which is essentially banning the existence of our history. Defining anything, and everything as racist, sexist, or homophobic to end debate. Wanting to ban the right to keep and bear arms. The list is endless. It is as if Stalin came back to life.
Removing Confederate statues is banning the celebration of the people who wanted slavery. When the ones who want Confederate monuments to remain standing also support erecting statues to the memory of Robert Smalls and his like, get back to me.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:34 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Looks like Germany has a new Fuhrer. We seriously need to end the EUSSR (European Union). I know the Left plans the same thing here, but there are loads like me that can and WILL use the Second Amendment to deter our government from such a thing. You libs have no idea how pissed off we are here.
You need to study history before you go shooting your gun. The world is a scary place and it is even scarier for those that don't understand a lot. I see you know there used to be a USSR so you do know something. Keep going!

I'm hoping you really do not own firearms b/c I see the makings of a domestic terrorist. Seek help before you go shoot up a mall or elementary school. Shiver...

Old 01-04-2018, 08:02 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You need to study history before you go shooting your gun. The world is a scary place and it is even scarier for those that don't understand a lot. I see you know there used to be a USSR so you do know something. Keep going!

I'm hoping you really do not own firearms b/c I see the makings of a domestic terrorist. Seek help before you go shoot up a mall or elementary school. Shiver...
We're all safe. Hugging a Mongoose requires the use of both hands. He's using voice-ware to spout his call to arms.

Like-minded boobs won't put down their Teddy Bears and stop sucking their thumbs long enough to actually confront anything more threatening than a double pumpkin frappe at Starbucks.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:15 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
We're all safe. Hugging a Mongoose requires the use of both hands. He's using voice-ware to spout his call to arms.

Like-minded boobs won't put down their Teddy Bears and stop sucking their thumbs long enough to actually confront anything more threatening than a double pumpkin frappe at Starbucks.
LOL But, mongoose are cuddly like teddy bears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies