Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 01:59 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times

Advertisements

DOW broke 24,000 today upon reconsideration of whether he really is evil, or good.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:01 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
This whole thread is so ridiculous.

Anyone who was elected who gave massive corporate tax breaks and cut regulations would have achieved the same result. And I'd rather my portfolio stayed a little thinner than to have a lunatic in the OO.

Of course now with this tariff nonsense he may have shot himself in the foot anyway.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:18 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
The market doesn't fixate on one issue. Headlines and pundits often do.

China trade
FU signing of the funding bill
Technical, Fundamental analysis

Here are two and both can have effect, or not.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow...dist=bigcharts

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow...dist=bigcharts

Old 03-23-2018, 03:17 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Things change and Opinions should change also with new information.

The GOP has committed suicide by signing the funding bill. The Dems are sure to take power in the future IMO. Trump was the best until he wasn't. Its my opinion to never get stuck on anything and never be afraid to recognize change. Be decisive and take action to always preserve funds.

Based on this opinion and information investors know there will be more job killing regulations coming. More business killing policy's and agenda to pick an industry and regulate it out of existence.

From Keith Ellison a recent example :
He even suggested a form of “maximum wage”—taxing executives more if they made more than, say, 20 times more than the people who make the products and perform the services at their companies. “This idea that you can leave people in poverty as you are stacking up dead presidents like nobody’s business has got to come to an end,".

https://newrepublic.com/article/1474...mocratic-party

Business investment won't be attracted here with these kind of statements and policy's.

After it was announced that the funding bill was signed. I'm on the side line and will look at this as a new bear market. I'm going to be paying attention to all things related to business and consumer confidence for awhile.
Ahhh...ok, you think the volatility and drop in the market is due to fear of the democrats coming to power? Must be strange living in your narrow little reality.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:22 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
1,100 points down in two days. Thankfully, the market is closed tomorrow.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:59 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
It's Trump Chaos and "know nothing" that is messing with the markets. I know this is repetitive, but markets like stability and this admin is anything but.

Markets don't thrive on "reality tv" types of government.

Many trillions were just wiped out. What is gonna happen when Bolton starts wars and indictments come down from the FBI?

Hold on tight. The market likes to use these things to shake off the weak - which is most everyone. One guy I knew who had a seat on the stock exchange told me that he is 100% out of the market at the end of each day. So he generally makes money at all times. We suckers lose it because a lot of people have sell orders in for when things drop like a rock.

But, don't worry. Trump has the best ideas and best people and a stable mind. He'll fix it like he did Atlantic City. All we have to do is trade in our 20 dollar bills for 10's and it will all be OK.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:25 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Ahhh...ok, you think the volatility and drop in the market is due to fear of the democrats coming to power? Must be strange living in your narrow little reality.
When you can explain where the Dems are going to get the money for all their free crap my narrow little reality will be expanded. I'll wait for the explanation. I know you are not all mouth. I'm ready when you are.
I posted my explanation. Where is yours ?

Last edited by phma; 03-23-2018 at 07:36 PM..

Old 03-23-2018, 10:06 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Given what I was responding to in this post here (that is, the one you first replied to), yes, you were saying it's OK.

It's really important to pay attention to what somebody is saying, and what they were responding to, before you reply to a post. Really! Stuff like that is important!
I didnt gloat about anything Obama did but go ahead and call them on that when you see it. Self defeatism is in fact a liberal trait, you are delusional if you deny. It.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:12 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Maybe you, personally, didn't do any gloating while Obama was president, but I can't tell you how many conservatives online I used to chat with who used to 1) gloat like crazy whenever something bad happened to the stock market or economy while Obama was president, and 2) who would get really upset when you talked about good news happening to the stock market and economy while Obama was president. Those people are as "self-defeatist" as anybody, and they are conservatives.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:34 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When you can explain where the Dems are going to get the money for all their free crap my narrow little reality will be expanded. I'll wait for the explanation. I know you are not all mouth. I'm ready when you are.
I posted my explanation. Where is yours ?
Well, the market was growing when Obama was in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies