Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 06:02 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
yes, you was trying to deflect and got called out on it.
And another fail. Your own deflection, you have turned into yet another deflection. Is that all you can do?

Old 03-22-2018, 06:12 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
And another fail. Your own deflection, you have turned into yet another deflection. Is that all you can do?

I stuck with facts, where you are trying to deflect
I said the year is 2018 and it actually is 2018.
I said Obama is not President, he still isnt

Old 03-22-2018, 06:17 PM

Since some people pay no attention to what they're writing or responding to, I will repeat my original response. Somebody complained about liberals "gloating" about something "bad" happening under Trump. The irony, which I pointed out, is that conservatives did (note the past tense) the same thing while Obama was president. Here it is, once again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Why do leftists gloat about misfortunes that involve the entire country? What is it about self defeatism that appeals to the liberal mind?
Please, spare us. Conservatives gloated about anything bad that happened under Obama.

Furthermore, simply having the stock market go constantly UP is NOT a good thing for anybody. When a financial or economic bubble forms, it is a good thing to see it pop. Why? Because it was unsustainable in the first place.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I stuck with facts, where you are trying to deflect
I said the year is 2018 and it actually is 2018.
I said Obama is not President, he still isnt
So, essentially you're telling me it's not OK for liberals to "gloat" about bad things that happen under Trump, but that it was OK for conservatives to have gloated about bad things that happened under Obama.

Got it. Love your consistency!

Old 03-22-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
So, essentially you're telling me it's not OK for liberals to "gloat" about bad things that happen under Trump, but that it was OK for conservatives to have gloated about bad things that happened under Obama.

Got it. Love your consistency!

actually I did not say -any- of it was OK
so, are you pointing out your own hypocrisy?

Old 03-22-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
actually I do not recall saying -any- of it was OK
Given what I was responding to in this post here (that is, the one you first replied to), yes, you were saying it's OK.

It's really important to pay attention to what somebody is saying, and what they were responding to, before you reply to a post. Really! Stuff like that is important!

Old 03-22-2018, 07:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The American economy will survive a Trump presidency

he has the largest spending bill in history and of course he will blame Hillary & Obama.
You are an optimist. Sure, we will survive - but keep in mind that sometimes downturns can last for a decade or more and REALLY hurt millions of hard workers and savers.

Examples - the S&L Crisis and the Great Recession both shredded Real Estate values for a decade...or more! Since many Americans have a lot of their value in Real Estate, this hurts...bad.

Many people, due to the Great Recession, have had to adjust their retirement plans. Some have died while waiting.

Hey - everything will always work out in the long term. But those who end up suffering aren't usually the people who caused the problems.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:01 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Working out isn't the same thing as going well or doing well...
Life goes on---until it doesn't
And with John Bolton in as NSA and Pompeo in as Sec of State, it feels like it might not go on quite as long as it might have yesterday...

Old 03-22-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Given what I was responding to in this post here (that is, the one you first replied to), yes, you were saying it's OK.
I did not say anything was or was not OK, whatever assumptions you make are your own problem

falsely accusing me of saying something I didnt say is certainly is NOT ok.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:09 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Working out isn't the same thing as going well or doing well...
Life goes on---until it doesn't
And with John Bolton in as NSA and Pompeo in as Sec of State, it feels like it might not go on quite as long as it might have yesterday...
Sadly its one of the natural laws.

Yesterday happened and we can look back on it forever and form opinions.

The future is more dicey. We can't look at tomorrow and see what hasn't happened.

Village idiot -1) We can run around like Chicken Little yelling the "Sky is falling"

All others - 2) The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Last edited by phma; 03-22-2018 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies