Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 05:12 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
He said he was born in 1952, and retired at 62. So, that will make him at least 65. He honestly has made my day........ He sneered at everything about England from eye glasses to the NHS. He said how wonderful American health care is, and how he can also buy a gun while picking up a loaf.

Fair enough I thought....... I defended England as best I could, and then he came out and said he has no health care coverage, and as illegal immigrants get free care, then he is going to as well.

I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Boy, what a guy, and he is teetotal as well.........

Boy, I love city-data. It is just great.........
I won't forgive the Austrialians for this, as if the current Ashes aren't bad enough they also have to inflict this upon us.

Flu map of Britain shows worst hit areas as Australian flu spreads | Metro News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 05:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So you all admit that the government and its socialized medicine system failed to vaccinate people in a timely manner to prevent an influenza outbreak.
There is no vaccine for it. If there was you would think every American would have been vaccinated by now. Or are we not being vaccinated because our system sucks?

Old 01-05-2018, 05:23 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
This thread is so deceptive. If America's healthcare system was over-whelmed with a flu crisis of epidemic proportions, elective surgeries would also be postponed to free up hospital resources for the epidemic. It has nothing to do with universal healthcare.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
If you want a meaningful health system comparison, just look at the life expectancies in different countries. Keeping people alive longer is kind of the whole point of any healthcare.

In the UK people live almost 3 years longer than in the US. In fact, US is behind each and every developed country. The one thing about the US that stands out is that it is *the only* developed country that does not have single payer. Coincidence? I doubt it.
Can you break that down by race and ethnicity?

Old 01-05-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
This thread is so deceptive. If America's healthcare system was over-whelmed with a flu crisis of epidemic proportions, elective surgeries would also be postponed to free up hospital resources for the epidemic. It has nothing to do with universal healthcare.
Boob and nose jobs are top priority.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:27 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
No, I didn't. I referred to the current problem that NHS is having as a cluster, and wondered why people would defend it.

I do not believe that government-issue healthcare is a right of the people. I do not want to see our government further involved in the healthcare business. I would like to see a low-cost option offered for low income people that doesn't penalize them for opting out, and doesn't financially penalize the higher earners of America for their inability to pay.

Are you done screeching at me now, or do you have more baggage to unload on me simply because we disagree on this issue?
I'm not screeching at you. Apologies if it seems that way.

Low cost options for the low income are already in place. It's the middle class that needs help. Why no low cost options for us? Most middle class people I know don't relish the idea of medical expenses that rival mortgages on high end homes. It's the middle class the politicians seem to always forget about when it comes to healthcare affordability.

Market based healthcare does not work. Proof of this can be clearly seen in the situation we are in now.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I totally support having a two-tier system of health insurance. It works in the UK and France, as well as many other countries. Essential health care should be socialized. Private insurance can cover the non-essentials.

Worshiping the free market - especially in health care - just doesn't make sense.

^^^This is what we need in the US^^^

Old 01-05-2018, 05:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
This year's flu virus started in Australia. So, I guess it must be all those illegal Aussies spreading it in U.S. border areas, eh?

What Australia's bad flu season means for Europe, North America
If you’d like to talk both science and math, I’d love to talk about immunization rates of illegals and how disease tends to spread faster among those who aren’t immunized.

Let me start with two questions:

1. Do you believe immunization has any value to the public?

2. Do you think immunization rates amongst illegals is higher, about the same or lower than US citizens?

Old 01-05-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
I grew up in north england.
You might want to save your breath.
Socialized health care kills.
Not according to the British. You know, the ones who actually use the system.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you’d like to talk both science and math, I’d love to talk about immunization rates of illegals and how disease tends to spread faster among those who aren’t immunized.

Let me start with two questions:

1. Do you believe immunization has any value to the public?

2. Do you think immunization rates amongst illegals is higher, about the same or lower than US citizens?
If you are immunized, then you won't be infected by an un-immunized immigrant. Isn't that why you were immunized in the first place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies