Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 02:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think it's more of Americans being fed up with the nonstop barrage of in your face petty drama and intolerance shown by the LGBTQ community than being uncomfortable with their lifestyles.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amer...172719953.html
I understand, and it doesn't bother me one way or another

one question though... I understand what Lesbian(L), Gay(G), Bi(B), and Trans(T) are...but what is Q???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 02:17 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I dont care what you do or where you take a crap if there are stalls.

I do care when they expect my daughter to change for gym with a boy who thinks he is a girl.

Or worse, punishing the girls for objecting to sharing a shower with a male student that claims to be female.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The real snowflakes are people that can't accept that not everybody in this society worships their diety, believes their holy book, or follows their rules. Christians want gay people to accept that people think it's an abomination to God and that God hates them. Fine, that's their right, but Christians need to accept that we have a First Amendment and they don't get to force everyone to bow to their religion.

You were forced to bow to someone's religion?

When did this happen, and where?

Old 01-25-2018, 02:21 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times
Americans seem less tolerant of everyone lately.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Americans are less comfortable with LGBTQ people now than they were
They overplayed their hand.

The other reason is that with Trump in office, people don't feel they need to respect other people anymore. As a matter of fact rudeness = coolness these days.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-25-2018 at 02:42 PM..

Old 01-25-2018, 02:27 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Look at all the homophobes (and yes, that's who you are - stop being a snowflake about it) ranting about LGBTQ people.

Again, it's none of your darned business about other people's lives. If you don't like same sex marriage, don't enter into a same sex union. But don't prevent other people from doing so, and don't use your hatred to prevent them from going about their jobs and lives.
No one is homophobic.

That's a lie trying to pretend it's an argument.

Do what you want. But keep it out of the schools and don't force others to celebrate it.

I do think people got along with gays a lot better 10-20 years ago. I also think they were accepted more. Today with the agenda, people are tired of being called names and are starting to push back.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:27 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Homosexuality, in a shockingly short amount of time, went from "The love that dare not speak its name" to "The love that won't shut up."

Moral qualms aside, most people tend to adopt a "live and let live" attitude, in general. But the LBGT "lobby" isn't content with having everyone else tolerate their orientation, or even accepting it. No, they want to shove it down our throats, like it or not. For example, there are numerous cases where Christian florists or bakers or photographers have been financially ruined and driven out of business because they didn't want to provide their services to a gay wedding ceremony. Would it have really hurt the offended parties to just go and find someone else to provide them the services they want? Is it really necessary to destroy someone who disagrees with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The real snowflakes are people that can't accept that not everybody in this society worships their diety, believes their holy book, or follows their rules. Christians want gay people to accept that people think it's an abomination to God and that God hates them. Fine, that's their right, but Christians need to accept that we have a First Amendment and they don't get to force everyone to bow to their religion.
Yet the Left wants to force Christians to violate their own consciences and participate in gay weddings, on pain of losing their livelihoods. Double standard, much?

Pretty funny, mentioning the First Amendment. Freedom of religion is a right expressly granted by that amendment. Freedom of orientation is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution. Why then, when the positions of gays and Christians clash, do the gays get preference?

Old 01-25-2018, 02:30 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You were forced to bow to someone's religion?

When did this happen, and where?
I find myself asking this question more and more and I don't like nor belong to any religion.

But I've never had anyone scream at me or force me to go to church or pray with them. And I live in what is considered a religious area (I don't really consider it as such but whatever).

Old 01-25-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Look at all the homophobes (and yes, that's who you are - stop being a snowflake about it) ranting about LGBTQ people.

Again, it's none of your darned business about other people's lives. If you don't like same sex marriage, don't enter into a same sex union. But don't prevent other people from doing so, and don't use your hatred to prevent them from going about their jobs and lives.

Marriage is a public act.

People enter into marriage because they want legal recognition of their committed and exclusive sexual relationship.

If you want people/the state to keep their nose out of your bedroom, don't get married.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:33 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No one is homophobic.

That's a lie trying to pretend it's an argument.

Do what you want. But keep it out of the schools and don't force others to celebrate it.

I do think people got along with gays a lot better 10-20 years ago. I also think they were accepted more. Today with the agenda, people are tired of being called names and are starting to push back.
Oh puh-leez.

Gimme a break.

Oh yes, people (straight people that is) got along with gay people as long as they were in the closet. I get it.

And what about LGBT people who are not only tired of being called names, but tired of being threatened with their personal safety as well?

Just stop being judgmental and let people live their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies