Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 05:10 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Snowflaking is over something trivial, like not letting your kid go to college X because that's where Hillary or Obama etc. went to school.

Mocking a serious accident is pretty low and not appreciating the "humor" of politicizing a fatal accident does not fit that definition if one were to stop and think it over.
Thanks for clearing that up. Read a similar low class comment about this earlier. Pretty low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 05:13 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Since CNN doesnt pay him that might be hard. Thats even mentioned in your article. More importantly it was on twitter, and may have been before it was known that someone died.

Because other then the death, a train full of GOP or Dem folks hitting a garbage truck IS kind of funny.

Why are so many on the right such snowflakes?

Ummm, praytell what is even close to being "funny" about a train hitting a truck regardless of who is on board? Yea, that's about as funny as a gunman shooting up a congressional baseball tournament or a truck bomb blowing up a federal building with a day care in it.

I don't see anything even remotely amusing about a train crash even excluding the death involved. And I sure as Hell ain't no "snowfake." Would it be as mirthful to you if someone you love was on that train? I guess though if not seeing the laugh line in this makes me a snowflake I'll plead guilty as charged.

Wow, politics in this country are getting to be a bit much to take.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:15 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
I feel bad for anyone still paying for a cable/satellite subscription that includes CNN.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:19 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ummm, praytell what is even close to being "funny" about a train hitting a truck regardless of who is on board? Yea, that's about as funny as a gunman shooting up a congressional baseball tournament or a truck bomb blowing up a federal building with a day care in it.

I don't see anything even remotely amusing about a train crash even excluding the death involved. And I sure as Hell ain't no "snowfake." Would it be as mirthful to you if someone you love was on that train? I guess though if not seeing the laugh line in this makes me a snowflake I'll plead guilty as charged.

Wow, politics in this country are getting to be a bit much to take.
Not a truck. A dump truck. BTW LOTS of folks are commenting about the humor on this, so its not just me.

And the fact that it was a dump truck is WHY its funny.

From another forum:
GOP lawmakers provide live demonstration of their plan for America.

If it was just a truck, it would be boring. Its not that a accident occurred, thats not funny. But what they hit makes it funny.

Man this whole snowflake thing is projection.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:25 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
The OP should read his own links. It clearly says the "self-proclaimed talking head" does NOT work for CNN, does not get paid by CNN. That aside, what he said was pretty sleazy ball-ish but I don't recall hearing people on the right calling out the church body out west who was praying for Obama to die.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:26 PM

8,939 posts, read 4,663,936 times
Quote:
Since it was you calling a conservative a snowflake,
I will agree.

//www.city-data.com/forum/50882080-post2.html

Old 01-31-2018, 05:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Not a truck. A dump truck. BTW LOTS of folks are commenting about the humor on this, so its not just me.

From another forum:

If it was just a truck, it would be boring. Its not that a accident occurred, thats not funny. But what they hit makes it funny.

Lots of people are jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge...

Old 01-31-2018, 05:48 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
Quote:

From another forum:

If it was just you this discussion wouldn't be happening. It is because a prominent liberal voice sees humor in train crashes if Republicans are on board. Did he not care that there were also children on that train? Being he didn't have all the facts when he first tweeted he had no way of knowing whether anyone died or if children were dead or injured. No, to him it was a real knee slapper that Republicans were on a train that crashed. The guy is pathetic in his lack of empathy for others.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
If it was just you this discussion wouldn't be happening. It is because a prominent liberal voice sees humor in train crashes if Republicans are on board. Did he not care that there were also children on that train? Being he didn't have all the facts when he first tweeted he had no way of knowing whether anyone died or if children were dead or injured. No, to him it was a real knee slapper that Republicans were on a train that crashed. The guy is pathetic in his lack of empathy for others.
Well said.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:59 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
People talk all the time before they have facts. In this case it was state on the news that no fatalities, and only one minor injury. Should we wait then before commenting? For how long? Is a day ok? What if someone dies later?

Who would think the right would suddenly become the PC police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies